Cloud Serpant Reputation with Onyx Eggs

90 Tauren Druid
When you hit Exalted you shouldnt be able to Loot the Onyx Eggs from the Windward Isle. Its annoying as heck to be out flying around and there is someone who is Exalted with them and holding a onyx egg in loot.

Blizzard you need to Fix that if your exalted with the Cloud serpants you shouldnt be able to loot the eggs. People sit there and hold them and try to sell them and which is sad to say some people are dumb enough to pay because people sell them in which they have the mounts already......its stupid and annoying and sad. it takes it away from other players who are hunting for them who are wanting the rep to see exalted players holding eggs and if no one pays or the other faction attacks them, they will take the egg and run. Which they cant use the egg for nothing else but to hold and laugh and stuff.
Fix it so that Exalted players can NOT loot the Onyx eggs, so that people who are looking for them can get them with out troubles from exalted players keeping them from the ones who need them.
Edited by Tamashiì on 10/20/2012 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kind of odd that they don't work that way - the groundspawn items for Tillers rep don't let you pick them up after you're Best Friends with everybody.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
This needs to get fixed D:
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
They should of did that with the Cloud Serpant eggs like they did with the tillers rep. Its silly they didnt.

Its stupid to pay for something that gives another person Rep when the person who is holding has exalted. Blizzard you really need to fix this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
More evidence mounts for the need to insert large quantities of Chlorine into certain people's gene pools. =)

I haven't even seen an Onyx egg. No idea what they look like. Nor do I ever expect to. But I agree with the OP -- that is pretty silly for it to still be lootable or even clickable.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Working as intended, sadly. A copy of a post on another thread about this although the person in question was going to low pop realms to torment and abuse the players there:

Sadly this has been confirmed as acceptable behavior, unless they're verbally being rude or harassing as that breaks the ToS. Even if he uses in-game emotes (such as /rude or /lol) he is not doing anything wrong. The GM I spoke with about one of my guildies doing this said and I quote "Wrong? In a social sense, probably. A violation of our policies? No. There is no policy that prevents players from looting items they don't need and using the /rude emote on people who do need them."

Screenshots (disclaimer, semi-nsfw due to some curse words):

Thread link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893700898

I keep saying that Blizzard supports and encourages poor behavior, but no one seems to be listening... And here's yet another example of it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
All Blizzard needs to do is Hot fix the Onyx Eggs for the Cloud serpent rep so Exalted players CAN'T, i quote CAN'T, touch the Onyx eggs at all. Such for Exsample: Tiller dirt piles, Best friends"Exalted" with them you aren't able to loot them no more which is what they need to do with the Onyx eggs.

So players who ARE looking for them can get them with out any troubles from the exalted holding them and selling them
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I keep saying that Blizzard supports and encourages poor behavior, but no one seems to be listening... And here's yet another example of it.
Ahhh... Are you blind?
They don't support it.

They just cannot punish people for doing it, because it's not explicitly stated to be against the rules.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/21/2012 01:51 AMPosted by Ashley
Ahhh... Are you blind?
They don't support it.

They just cannot punish people for doing it, because it's not explicitly stated to be against the rules.

Should still be hotfixed however.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]