Flight Masters License

65 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have all the expansions except mists of pandaria, ive read on dozens of threads and multiple sites that I need to be 60 and have cataclysm to get it. However, it isnt anywhere to be found for me. Did I miss something?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
A Flying Trainer in any of the capital cities will teach it to you for 250g.
Reply Quote
I'm not kidding, none that I've found have it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Then you either already have it or you don't have cataclysm.
Reply Quote
Bought it today, redeemed code, the whole thing.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/20/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Sedaria
Bought it today, redeemed code, the whole thing.

Strange. What city are you in? I'll tell you exactly who should have it.
Edited by Frejya on 10/20/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Orgrimmar
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You need to have Cataclysm upgraded and the normal flight riding learned.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
Maztha, right across from the flight master.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=44919

Like Ice said, you need your normal flight trained.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
It's just another level of flight training, just like expert riding, cold weather flying, etc. If your account status says "cataclysm" or "Mists of Pandaria" and you are level 60 or higher, then you should have this training available to you.

To learn it you need to go to the Flight Trainer. The regular riding trainers won't have this training (they just do ground mount training). There's only 3 flight trainers in the game available to each side. For the Horde they are:
In Orgrimmar standing directly in front of the flight point for the city.
In Thrallmar, Hellfire Peninsula
In Dalaran, Northrend

Flight Master's License enables you to fly in the original 1-60 areas and in the cataclysm 80-85 areas. If you can fly in the 1-60 questing zones, then you have Flight Master's License already.

Expert Riding is the flight training that allows you to fly at all, and it only inherently grants you the ability to fly in Outland.
Reply Quote
I've got the normal flight training. Maztha does not have the license. I've looked at least a dozen times at all the different requirements. As far as everything that has been said here, I already have it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Are you sure you don't already have it?
Reply Quote
Certain. I just checked. It says see flight trainer.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
10/20/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Sedaria

You've already got the expert riding, I can see.

Does it show you have the Cata account on your account management page?

https://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Faccount%2Fmanagement%2F&app=bam&cr=true
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/20/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Sedaria

Huh, the only thing I can think of is that since you JUST upgraded to Cataclysm earlier today, perhaps the upgrade glitched this aspect for your character? Try logging out, waiting a little bit, and then logging back in.
Reply Quote
Yes it does indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
If that's the case, then I'm sticking with "it's a glitch". Try logging out, waiting a bit, and logging back in. If that doesn't help, file a ticket to Blizzard or give them a call.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Hunter
Then the only thing I can think of is what Avanna said. Since you don't absolutely need it right now (you can already fly in Outland) then you might want to try exiting completely, waiting a bit, and then logging back in. Try switching to another toon, too.

Sometimes the cogs in the machine take a little to synch :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The dropdown for the "Filter" in the upper right corner is set to display "Available" abilities, correct?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Try clicking the dropdown box in the top right corner of the window when you talk to the Flight Trainer. Make sure "Available" is checked; otherwise you won't see what is available to learn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]