☆ New Mage Tricks [Alter Time]

90 Blood Elf Mage
My favorite mage trick is when you pop alter time and...

Oh wait it got spam dispelled.

Nevermind.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
stay tuned guys I am coming out with Mage Tricks 2!!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Nevermind.

No more spam dispells on next patch!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/23/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Batar
I've dropped fire on my group bout 3 times now on Feng using it. Man do they get pissed.

I'm not quite sure how this is possible. I've used it myself and if the debuff is on you the time left is added as well. So if I get pulled back via Alter Time I can very easily move out again without dropping the flame on anyone.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Pretty awesome dude :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
So... freeze, deep freeze, alter time, ice lace x3, alter time, freeze, deep freeze, ice lancex3?

I'd like to see more Alter Time combos than just PvP stuffs.

Alter time does not reset cooldowns, so nope, that won't work :P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
So... freeze, deep freeze, alter time, ice lace x3, alter time, freeze, deep freeze, ice lancex3?

I'd like to see more Alter Time combos than just PvP stuffs.

Alter time does not reset cooldowns, so nope, that won't work :P

It will however reset procs like fingers of frost or fireblast procs
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/07/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Shaiyla
Pretty awesome dude :)
Thank you mate!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I like the showcase.
Now show us when things go wrong.

Lol I maybe might do a blooper vid or something like a troll vid

PLEASE! I would love that.

I think after I make my own robes I'm going to drop tailoring and grind Engineering alongside my Enchanting.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/24/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Shy
Blizz sees this /nerf.

Yeah actually think about taking the YouTube vid down haha! I wanna try this!
Reply Quote
16 Gnome Mage
Yet another reason why Arcane isn't going to be the PvP go-to spec any time soon.

I think fire definitely benefits the most from Alter Time. Frost with FoF and BF procs up does pretty well too.

Arcane benefits the least. Mostly because even if you do get six stacked AM procs up to use Alter Time with, you are still forced to stand still for like eight seconds channeling all that crap. The damage isn't all that bad, but your target has probably run away or found a healer by that point. So yer all like "Ha ha! I got you now! Hey, where you going? I'm not finished channeling yet!"
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Yet another reason why Arcane isn't going to be the PvP go-to spec any time soon.

I think fire definitely benefits the most from Alter Time. Frost with FoF and BF procs up does pretty well too.

Arcane benefits the least. Mostly because even if you do get six stacked AM procs up to use Alter Time with, you are still forced to stand still for like eight seconds channeling all that crap. The damage isn't all that bad, but your target has probably run away or found a healer by that point. So yer all like "Ha ha! I got you now! Hey, where you going? I'm not finished channeling yet!"

Well if you can get them in a stun like you can virtually have like 20 secs of arcane missiles all pumping into him^^
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/15/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Mevident
Blizz sees this /nerf.

Yeah actually think about taking the YouTube vid down haha! I wanna try this!

Lol...itll be fine:)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Nevermind.

When did it get dispelled? mmm dont think so in the vid
Reply Quote
What addon is that you use for name plates that shows the duration of your debuffs above it?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/17/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Megid
What addon is that you use for name plates that shows the duration of your debuffs above it?

Its called Tidy plates
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/17/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Megid

Let me correct myself, It is tidy plates + quartz
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Also Arcane can be viable in pvp just gotta practice!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
It wouldn't surprise me if using alter time causes you to drop the flag, and/or being incapable of picking the flag up while under the effects of alter time.

Honestly, it just bugs me that engineering gets all these fun toys...and the one toy tailoring has(nets) don't work as well as advertised :(

I don't think they will do that to alter time. After all, warlocks have been doing the same sort of trick for awhile now.

Hey... the only thing going for engineering are the toys. Tailors can make far more useful things, like um, bags and uh... yeah bags. :)

Warlocks do have better tricks up their sleeves but we mages also have a few tricks up our sleeves...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Depending on if you guys want a addon macro guide, I can do those as well:)
Edited by Pyromonkey on 11/28/2012 6:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]