Golden Lotus give to little rep...

90 Human Death Knight
So whats with the GL giving like 110 rep per quest? thats way to low after the long grinding we gotta to do to get at least revered. Blizz should up this to at least 300-400+ rep per quest.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Golden Lotus is fine. Low rep, but high quest volume. It gets done, just keep at it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I hate it.... SOO MANY QUESTS, SOO MUCH COMPETITION.

It takes forever to do the quests (because of the comp) and each one gives so little. It's an entire night for 1000 bloody rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's not bad at all. In fact, I'm already exalted and have been for a few days. Since you're also human, it's not like I have a racial advantage over you either. Oh, and don't forget to get the wickerman "Unburdened" buff before doing dailies while Hallow's End is still active. That's an additional 10% rep gains.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
10/25/2012 06:54 AMPosted by Linias

This is my issue. Playing on one of the highest pop servers, trying to get the ruby eyes during prime time was a nightmare.

Because of how Golden Lotus dailies work (they only spawn exactly what is needed for most of the dailies), I can't even CRZ it with a friend on a far lower pop realm since they have a different set of dailies and the NPC/Item I need doesn't even spawn.

/sigh
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I hate being gated through dailies. They should just give us back rep tabards on top of having the dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/25/2012 06:59 AMPosted by Valshaw
I hate being gated through dailies. They should just give us back rep tabards on top of having the dailies.

With a Reputation cap.
Reply Quote
16 Troll Druid
Fact: Golden Lotus gating two other factions AND giving pathetic reputation per quest serves one purpose....to make the grind take longer and thus gate and extend the content.

It is this way because Blizzard won't spend the money to create fresh and creative content at a pace that would keep most players subscribed.

Anything else said about getting players into the world or tying reputations to story is just smoke and mirrors trying to obfuscate the fact Blizzard is using dailies as cheap filler content to extend the life of this tier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Fact: Golden Lotus gating two other factions AND giving pathetic reputation per quest serves one purpose....to make the grind take longer and thus gate and extend the content.

It is this way because Blizzard won't spend the money to create fresh and creative content at a pace that would keep most players subscribed.

Anything else said about getting players into the world or tying reputations to story is just smoke and mirrors trying to obfuscate the fact Blizzard is using dailies as cheap filler content to extend the life of this tier.

They wanted to give us things to do and so it is. Not the best solution but you're making a mountain out a molehill here. Don't be a conspiricy theorist.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/25/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Natalana

Sorry but this isn't a cartoon where they can just use a computer to bang out new content immediately.

What a stupid thing to say.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/25/2012 06:45 AMPosted by Neofury
So whats with the GL giving like 110 rep per quest? thats way to low after the long grinding we gotta to do to get at least revered. Blizz should up this to at least 300-400+ rep per quest.
I'm exalted with Golden Lotus and it's been EXACTLY one month since MoP went live.

I spent a week of that month getting to 90, so I only did Golden Lotus quests for 3 weeks.

Needing only 3 weeks to get exalted with a faction is NOT slow.
Edited by Zaxan on 10/25/2012 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
NO tabards

tabard rep + bots = 5 man heroics 24/7 until they max rep
bot owner gets all crafting recipes

with unlimited mats and all recipes they will have all crafting locked down to make gold

you might as well forget crafting at that point, there will be no way to compete on the AH

the botters are pushing very hard for rep tabards it's one of the big bot program snafu's right now - they cant get past it
Edited by Sporq on 10/25/2012 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Sporq, you do realize that people have already made bots that can do all the dailies, right?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue

I personally love this.

"Blizzard won't spend the money to create fresh content!"

So what we're basically hearing is that if Blizz had made Golden Lotus less grindy and just waited until 5.1 to unlock the Shado-Pan and the Celestials, then you would have thought it was awesome and wonderful that they were giving us new stuff as we went to keep us entertained.

Instead, its terrible and bad that they did pretty much exactly the same thing, and use a mechanic that gives you more gold and raid drops to keep you from getting to it right away.

Timing ends up being about the same, but one is good because nobody could get there one way, and the other anyone that wanted to put the time and effort into it could get there while you can't because you don't want to do a few extra dailies.

Makes perfect sense.

Gating of content is wrong, outright witholding content is good. Gotcha.
Reply Quote
It's fine. Blizzard designed MoP dailies so perfectly because they gave us so much content to do that there's no way we'll run out for the next couple of months......................... UNLESS you purposely burn yourself out to do'em all every single day!

I gave myself a 2 hour limit! If I end up doing 2 hours of dailies, I stop! I don't continue even if I still have over 30 dailies left to do! I stop there!

Sure I will get a few less epics than those who spend 4+ hours EVERY SINGLE DAY doing *ALL* dailies, and they will be running around with cooler mounts than me, but so what? The amount of time they spend every day just doing all the dailies just for a few epics and cool mounts is not worth losing my sanity!

I tried doing 4+ hours of dailies one weekend, and by the time I finished the last quest of the day, I was exhausted and got a migraine!

Besides, I don't have to do'em all anyways. I'm getting enough gear from heroics and LFR *and* by only doing 2 hours of dailies every day.

Every weekday I do: Golden Lotus -> August Celestial -> Shadow-Pan -> Order of the Jade Serpent. I quit Klaxxi for now, I haven't even touched Anglers yet, and I'm already Exalted with Tillers (I used to skip Order of the jAde Serpent and only do Tillers)

And for me, this is perfect. I unlock tons of epics, I still make tons of gold, I don't fell burnt out after 2 hours of dailies, I don't find it long or tedious and best of all: I'm having FUN!

If Blizzard wants to raise the Golden Lotus rep, then fine, do it. I'll just get a mount and epic sooner cause I'm only 4 days away from getting to exalted anyways. But the fact that I do dailies so casually and still managed to get to about 15000/21000 Golden Lotus by now shows that it isn't so bad.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
How do you even start the quest chain?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

It takes forever to do the quests (because of the comp) and each one gives so little. It's an entire night for 1000 bloody rep.

Group up with a friend, guildie, hell, even a stranger doing the quests at the same time. Yes, you may not get as many motes, but, the quests go really fast if you are working on 1 or 2, and the other party member is working on others .. or, the party just bangs out whatever they see to further the objectives. I've done all 3 sets in as little as 15 minutes with a group of 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]