Cloud Serpent Riding

90 Pandaren Priest
Congratulations, you have reached [Level 90]!
New Ability available: Cloud Serpent Riding [talk to a trainer]

Well played Blizz, well played.

Now why don't you actually make it available to us alts.

On a side note this is my 4th level 90, why no achievement? Why does it go from 3 to 5...what happened to 4?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You are hard core. I haven't even bothered with alts because the thoughts of doing the same quests multiple times followed bye the same daily grinds is completely daunting.

This will be the expansion of the main, and as such, will probably be short lived for me.

Oh I ain't doing the dailies...never ever on my alts...unless these reputation changes they spoke about make it silly easy.

Which is kinda why I want Cloud Serpent Riding to be account wide. The mounts are account wide, but not the riding skill.
Edited by Genesia on 10/25/2012 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Which is kinda why I want Cloud Serpent Riding to be account wide. The mounts are account wide, but not the riding skill.

Just like the faction and profession specific ones ;)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Gold sinks will never be taken out of the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
10/25/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Hissler
Gold sinks will never be taken out of the game.

But its not even a gold sink.

10/25/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Baneusprime

Just like the faction and profession specific ones ;)

And yet I can ride any other mount I needed to buy with rep on this character. I am windowed out typing this on my red flying disc which my main needed to buy with their exalted Lorewalker rep.
Edited by Genesia on 10/25/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
I actually asked this question on a similar thread.

Does Blizz think that my level 85 alt suddenly forgot how to fly?

Now a level 59, OK I can see that. He does not have a flight license yet. But my 85 zooms around just fine thank you.

/End
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
10/25/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Genesia
The mounts are account wide, but not the riding skill.

None of the riding skills are account wide.
Each character has to get their own.
From level 20 (basic ground mount riding skill) all the way to the cloud serpent one. Every riding skill must be obtained individually. It has always been that way, even with the account wide mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

On a side note this is my 4th level 90, why no achievement? Why does it go from 3 to 5...what happened to 4?

But it is available to your alts.. when you get the appropriate reputation.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
If they don't want to give us tome of flying for alts, they should at least make one for the cloud serpent riding (At exalted you should be able to buy it for, I don't know 5k gold from the quartermaster?)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The mounts are account wide, but not the riding skill.

None of the riding skills are account wide.
Each character has to get their own.
From level 20 (basic ground mount riding skill) all the way to the cloud serpent one. Every riding skill must be obtained individually. It has always been that way, even with the account wide mounts.

Yes but when you level it tell you it is available and to go talk to a trainer...you go talk to one and its not there....you still need the rep for it. I got no issue with having to pay the 2500 gold again, hell they could make it cost 10,000 for my alts, but if it says its available to me (and others) it should be available.
Edited by Genesia on 10/25/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Night Elf Druid

This is the issue. Right here. If you're going to require the dailies to do it, make it not show up in the tab as available to learn until it's ACTUALLY available (if at all).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

This is the issue. Right here. If you're going to require the dailies to do it, make it not show up in the tab as available to learn until it's ACTUALLY available (if at all).

Not even....when you hit 90 it actually pops up on your screen as something available to you
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Leveling alts is easier than you guys think. Rested xp makes the process super fast, so you just play until you run out. Log, and play another alt. Repeat the process and presto. 5-7 chars leveled 85 to 90 in the same amount of time it takes someone to get exalted klaxxi/golden lotus faction.

If you've leveled crafting (extremely easy due to cheap and widely available mats) and do some exploring arch starting an alt off with 415->463 gear is possible as well. Cheap enchanting mats will always have you great at the best possible level.

It does come with a price however. No time for level 90 content other than the odd tiller and serpent daily. And besides crafted tailor epics, caster+monk/druid epic weapons and engi googles you're unlikely to have epics waiting on them.

4 level 90s and 3 at 88-89 range. Only managed to get honored with klaxxi(easy rep if you level in the zone) and exalted with tillers (one of the quickest and easist faction) but I think the tradeoff is worth it. Heck, might even run my first heroic of the expansion sometime toward the end of the month.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
@Serafin

I think the beef of the argument here is that dailies are required for each alt to rid Cloud Serpents. There's no way to speed up the daily rep grind. It's a grind. Grinding is not fun. This is a game. Games are supposed to be fun. WoW, being a game, is supposed to have no grinds.
Edited by Odietamo on 10/25/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]