Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.

90 Dwarf Hunter
How many do you have?

After completing the Golden Lotus Dailies, at the 3 different quest hubs, as well as the Klaxxi Dailies in the Dread wastes, I have... a lot more than ninety.

And just so we're clear, you can only hand in ninety at one time to Charm maker Lin for 3 Greater Charms of Good Fortune?

I have no problem with the system, except for the excess of lesser charms of Good Fortune. What should be done with them?

I think a special Vendor is needed to aleviate the excess of Lesser charms of Good Fortune. He should be a Grummel, on account of these Mountain Pygamies having an affinity for lucky-dos.

What should he sell? Valor Points? Vanity Items? Please, discuss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
140. Have not turned any in for Elder Charms, ever.
Edited by Calbador on 10/26/2012 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Domungus
I think a special Vendor is needed to aleviate the excess of Lesser charms of Good Fortune.

A vendor should never happen. Once people finish rep dailies, they will still need the charms. It is best to stockpile them now. BTW, they are becoming a currency in 5.1 for easy storage.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/26/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Solaru
I think a special Vendor is needed to aleviate the excess of Lesser charms of Good Fortune.

A vendor should never happen. Once people finish rep dailies, they will still need the charms. It is best to stockpile them now. BTW, they are becoming a currency in 5.1 for easy storage.

But people have about 1000 Charms by now. and you can only spend 90 at a time. per week. on a free roll on Raid bosses.

They are currency. I say we spend them on something else while we have them.
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
my main has about 200. i haven't started raiding yet because i have been too busy doing dailies i feel are a must yet there are soooo many dailies and factions. if i don't raid(play the way i want being their new motto) then i have nothing to spend them on.

great ideas poorly implemented is a phrase that is becoming too cliche but for good reason.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Domungus
But people have about 1000 Charms by now. and you can only spend 90 at a time. per week. on a free roll on Raid bosses.

So that is about 11 weeks worth. What happens when people finish teir rep grinds and stop doing that many dailies?

We have at least 75 weeks or so of MoP. Kinda sure people will want to turn them in for the greater ones till the end.
Edited by Solaru on 10/26/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I tried doing the math... But I remembered that numerical thinking isn't my strong suit, but the point I'm trying to make is that you will always have more Lesser charms of Good fortune than Greater charms of Good Fortune, if you keep grinding the dailies for Rep and Valor.

If I can't choose Valor over charms of Good Fortune, I would like to spend them on something else other than an extra roll on raid bosses every week.
Reply Quote
My main has a little over two stacks of 90 and has turned in enough to have 12 greater charms.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Domungus
I tried doing the math... But I remembered that numerical thinking isn't my strong suit, but the point I'm trying to make is that you will always have more Lesser charms of Good fortune than Greater charms of Good Fortune, if you keep grinding the dailies for Rep and Valor.

This is exactly my point...you will not be doing the rep grinds forever. As far as the VPs go, there are better ways to get them. Sometime in the not so distant future, you just will not be doing all that many dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/26/2012 08:46 PMPosted by Sarinda
My main has a little over two stacks of 90 and has turned in enough to have 12 greater charms.

I have 407 right now, and I bought 6 Greater charms so far.

Like I said initially, I'd like to either choose Valor or Lesser charms when handing in dailies, Or have a sink for the rest of it, since the dailies offer 5 at a time, and you can only turn in 90 once per week.

Maybe this Vendor that I initally talked about, before we got sidetracked, could sell a Grummle Mountain Guide Vanity Pet you can buy for a certain amount? any other ideas? Can you see I want to discuss Ideas and suggestions from the player base, and not say, 'no, you are wrong for thinking like that.' ?
Edited by Domungus on 10/26/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
Currently into my 6th stack of charms.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
And GC tweeted this week that they will be a currency in 5.1
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
10/26/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Arborvitae
Currently into my 6th stack of charms.

POINT PROVEN.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I have 1400 cause I pretty much do every daily every day since it gives me a lot of gold and I don't mind them ^-^ at least they're being turned into a currency in 5.1 :/
I've turned them in every week so far, idr exactly how many times it has been
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Making them currency and moving them to the currency tab is a good thing. If I stopped dailies right now, I'd still be able to turn in 90 for 8 weeks before running out.

I'm still 'iffy' on the logic behind only allowing us to have 10 greater charms, but I suppose that is a different issue.

If we ever are able to use the lessers to buy things, I hope they are treated like Spirits of Harmony. Perhaps being able to trade in 100 lessers for a SoH that could be used on that one vendor.

Choices are always nice. But for now, I welcome the change to making them currency.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
My main has about 1012...they need to make it so they don't go in your bags but in your Currency like Honor and JP... >.<
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
My main has about 1012...they need to make it so they don't go in your bags but in your Currency like Honor and JP... >.<

From what we've gathered, in 5.01, they will become a currency, meaning they will be shown on the currency tab.

Wether we'll buy more than extra rolls with them is the whole point of this thread.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Druid
10/26/2012 09:07 PMPosted by Mythox

By the time 5.1 hits we would have 15-20 stacks already. That's half a bag wasted. And I am unsure if there was any mention of a cap on the number of lesser charms we can have.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

By the time 5.1 hits we would have 15-20 stacks already. That's half a bag wasted. And I am unsure if there was any mention of a cap on the number of lesser charms we can have.

I hope there's not a cap, then again since I finished GL and Klaxxi, i'm not going to be generatiing nearly as many anymore. Currently I'm pushing about 1k.
Edited by Sharmarli on 10/26/2012 9:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]