Odlaw has joined the Great Guild in the Sky

90 Goblin Priest
Odlaw was nothing short of a wonderful guy.

Words found in game which I'm sure we all can agree vest to losing Odaw:
-May the Light inherit your warmth, for our world grows cold in your absence.

Gonna miss ya man.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Great guy, played with him on alliance side years ago. Will miss him!

Fun fact: Odlaw is Waldo spelled backwards.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I barely knew the guy, having only grouped with him once or twice, but I can see that he was well loved.

May he find peace wherever he is.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Just saw these over on mmo-champion. No way it's a coincidence. RIP Odlaw.

(Item not found)
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Warlock
Those boots had better be itemized correctly, or Odlaw is going to be super pissed.

I'm being informed, 10 seconds after writing that first sentence that Mastery is !@#$awful.

I demand an itemization change, in honor of Odlaw. The best Hunter on Argent Dawn, period. TRN and Bacon wouldn't have been the same, nor nearly as good, without him.

Edit: It's also from a Reputation. Odlaw HATED rep grinds. Wowwwwwwwww.
Edited by Jilliar on 11/4/2012 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I am so sorry for your loss :(
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
really sad to hear when a wow community member passes :\ i am glad to see blizzard remembering him in game. was he sick?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Monk
This is truly heart breaking. Odlaw was an amazing loving person as everyone has stated already. I never once saw him mad or be mean to anyone. He was very helpful towards the raid always creating ways to help us with boss mechanics with his tech savy mind. "Striding always onwards in our hearts."

Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thought you guys would enjoy seeing this.

Never knew the guy, but I saw this being linked around. R.i.P
Reply Quote
Thought you guys would enjoy seeing this.

Never knew the guy, but I saw this being linked around. R.i.P

Wow. Someone at Blizzard had to know him
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Never knew Odlaw personally but I do remember one time he saved me from an inevitable defeat while I was questing. He rushed in made quick work of the enemies, waved and then left.

Rest well Odlaw and may your hunting grounds be forever bountiful.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Can someone link his armory just wondering if he played a hunter/enhancement shaman cause of the mail agility boots.

Im from the reddit post <3

RIP Oldaw you seem like you were very well respected person.
Reply Quote
88 Human Rogue
Respect. To Valhalla, mate.
Reply Quote
I had the pleasure of being invited on a few alt runs with Odlaw and his guild The Renamed on Argent Dawn. I can still hear his voice in vent and remember what a wonderful personality he had. He was hilarious, patient, kind and had a great laugh. I'm so very sadden to hear of his untimely passing.

Odlaw you will always be remembered and missed. /crying now :(

Indie, Galakrond
Edited by Indie on 11/5/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
That is so cool that they added an item for him! I did not know him at all but it still is a sad story. It is def odd to think that he was only playing a couple of weeks ago on here and now he is gone. I think it is dam cool though that his legacy will live on with this item!!! Also I think it is sweet that the WOW community is so close. Just one of those things, life is way to short to be negative and not live life to fullest. You never know when it's going to be your last. What a trip!

RIP Odlaw! Best of luck in the afterlife and in the Great Guild in the sky!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Very cool to see the item *salutes* may your soul rest in peace!
Edited by Ericlegacy on 11/5/2012 6:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Took me a while to post anything here. Couldn't really think of anything to say.

Back in Vanilla WoW the raiding competition on AD was pretty hardcore. Odlaw was the only person in BP's rival guilds (from Dark Paradigm and on) that I kept on friendly terms with. Not because we were buddies, we didn't talk a lot. Just because he was never rude, always apologized when people in his guild were, and was just a super nice dude. If his guild needed a certain BoE, he knew he could talk to me, and if BP needed something from his guild I knew I count on him to help me out.

A genuine nice guy. The only person who stayed on my friend's list that I only talked to every few weeks, sometimes every couple months.

To his friends/guildmates: BP lost one of our own back in 2007. We have a tribute to him on vent so we never forget. We bring him up often. Do the same for Odlaw. Make sure he lives on through you guys and your awesome memories of him. Never forget what an awesome friend, guildmate and all around person he was. Never let anyone else forget either!

R.I.P. Odlaw. I'm glad Blizzard is immortalizing you. You deserve it brother.

Black Phoenix Guild Leader
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
One of the most decent people I have ever played with. Some of my fondest memories were of ICC25 runs he and Ozu would put together every week without fail. He was always respectful, never lost his temper, and was just approachable and helpful even if you were just acquaintances with him.

I remember one week our guild was short for our 10 DS run on Madness. He brought one of his many alts into the run, filled our last slot, and was just happy to help.

People like this are rare in real life and in game alike.

You will be missed.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes to everybody.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)