Odlaw has joined the Great Guild in the Sky

90 Gnome Rogue
Condolences and prayers from US-Blackhand.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Odlaw's certainly been a part of this server's foundation since the beginning. I've never spoken to him, but have always known his name, particularly from playing against him in Gulch in a time most players these days have only heard about.

He was a skilled hunter, even seven years ago. I've always had a lot of respect.

Rest in peace, brother.
Edited by Bradaek on 11/6/2012 2:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Odlaw's certainly been a part of this server's foundation since the beginning. I've never spoken to him, but have always known his name, particularly from playing against him in Gulch in a time most players these days have only heard about.

He was a skilled hunter, even seven years ago. I've always had a lot of respect.

Rest in peace, brother.

Good times. Miss it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Once I found out from friends about his passing, I wanted to add my condolences to friends and family of Odlaw. Words are never easy to come by in a time like this, and I'm finding it hard to come up with any that are adequate. So, I will simply leave it at this.

Odlaw, may your spirit fly ever onwards and no hardship or pain ever again cross your path.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
I first ran into Odlaw in the STV arena MANY years ago. I think he kept killing me, haha.

A few years ago, I was part of one of his Horde leader raids. It was good times. I'm gonna name my black war bear after him.

RIP big guy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I didn't know Odlaw as personally as many of the people posting in here, but I had been a part of a few raids with him back during Wrath; he was a kind, helpful, and all-around great guy from what I noticed. He'll be sorely missed, and I'm more than positive he'll live on throughout the people he impacted throughout his time on this game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
It was good to have played this game a couple times with Odlaw... Good guy, good humor, always wrecked face in raids! Rest well Odlaw and may your new adventure, wherever that may be, be a good one!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Someone tweeted me today informing me that Odlaw passed away and although I never spoke with him, I was told I should post about how in a way he was a mentor to me because I would follow his ways back in my pve hunting days. He sounds like he was a great guy and too bad those are the ones that leave us.

Rest in peace man
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sad to see this so late. It was back in The Renamed that I new Odlaw. Those were some of the best times I've had in WoW.

It always strikes close to home when you hear of someone you knew passing.

Rest in peace Odlaw knowing your friends in WoW now and in the past are thinking of you.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Rest in peace Odlaw. Really appreciated your presence on this server.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Death is nothing at all.
It does not count.
I have only slipped away into the next room.
Everything remains as it was.
The old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged.
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by the old familiar name.
Speak of me in the easy way which you always used.
Put no sorrow in your tone.
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes that we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effort
Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was.
There is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am but waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just around the corner.
All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.
One brief moment and all will be as it was before.
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again.

R.I.P my Brother
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
Aww I remember first meeting Odlaw when we did the Mere Anarchy thing at the start of BC, and licking him outside ToC and all that. Salute to a great person.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
he was always the hunter to look up to on AD.
a genuinely nice player.
rip odlaw.
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
R.I.P to one of the oldschool pvp hunters from this server. He was a cheap bastard in pvp who would use any and every advantage at his disposal to win...personally, I think you gotta love it. Odlaw, Bedemus, Tower, and Luminous were the 4 alliance hunters from vanilla that I respected. Hearing about any of them passing sucks.

Much respect.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I'm ashamed to admit I just found out about this (he was in my guild).

His name was legend on this server, but I really only had the chance to play with him a little bit during Dragon Soul. I was quite surprised to find how easy going and friendly he was - thinking such a high level player wouldn't be so approachable.

I'm very sad to hear of his passing. My condolences to all the family and friends (and from this thread, it looks like there was many).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I'm in shock, just browsing old realm forums and to find this makes me deeply saddened.

I never really played with Odlaw, mostly just third party references back in Wrath when the "The Renamed" was around. R.I.P. Odlaw <3
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I can't count the many times I said thank you to Odlaw since I met him doing his 25 man alt raids. I will admit I was a bit nervous when I started started his raids but found out soon enough he was one of the nicest guys I've met. I'm glad I kept the Rock Steady boots he made me and I will cherish them for a long long time. I'm glad to see that Blizzard made those boots in his honor and giving Odlaw the repect he deserves.

R.I.P. Odlaw you will be missed
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
We had great times when we raided in Vanilla.
Rest in peace old friend.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
Rest in peace Odlaw.. We made a great team back in the days.. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]