Odlaw has joined the Great Guild in the Sky

80 Dwarf Paladin
Just saw this. Amazing person throughout the times I raided with him on Tyheam and my rogue, Bugles.

RIP Odlaw.
Reply Quote
:( Aw man, this was such a good dude, I remember pugging into his raids often, RIP buddy
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
As I was browsing the Operation: Shieldwall loot, I came across the item that bears his namesake and wondered if it had anything to do with the Odlaw I remembered from Argent Dawn. Sadly enough, the comment section confirmed that they were named after AD's own, but it was really sad to know the circumstances of his passing. Though I left Argent Dawn after a long time of raiding with The Unnamed, I'll never forget running into Odlaw all over the place while we were hunting green dragons and other world bosses and all pushing for those server first kills (with DP and BP). I just wanted to return and pay my respects to a fellow raider and wonderful person. Requiesce in pace.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
They finally let me back just so I could post in here personally.

Thanks Odlaw for everything you did for over 5 years with me, and everything you did for your whole life with everyone else who had the pleasure of knowing you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Wow... While I wasn't particularly close to Odlaw, I've known him for years in game. It's a real shame to have lost such a nice guy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I raided with Odlaw, I always enjoyed our dps competitions. You're missed!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I didn't know you, but it's always a sad day to lose another player and from what I've read a great guy.

My thoughts are with him.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Easter Jesusing this topic cuz someone just reminded me Odlaw was awesome.
Edited by Zurick on 6/15/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Just saw this while I decided to randomly look through the AD forums.

Only raided a few pugs and what not with him so I didn't know him well, but I do remember how nice of a guy he was to everyone. Makes me miss AD just thinking of him.

Rest in peace, friend.
Edited by Korzun on 6/15/2013 11:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
RIP. Great people can't be replaced, only remembered.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Rogue
I was just looking at old chars and having some nostalgia. I didn't know Odlaw well, but I had a lot of friends who knew him. My belated condolences, really sad to hear. Glad Blizz did a little something for him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Used to have an absolute blast PVPing with him back in Vanilla. As many others have mentioned, he was one of the nicest guys on the server.

Rest in peace, mate.

Trojan
Reply Quote
What a bummer. The great ones always go too soon.

Love ya Odlaw, be good my friend, forever and ever.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am saddened to hear this...late as I come to this knowledge, it is a testament to Odlaw's legacy that those who remember him are still posting in his memory.

Odlaw is legendary in the hunter community on AD. It was he whom I would inspect and dream of Giantstalker set bonuses. Later, it was he who I would Armory at night to make sure I was 'doing it right'. He was a great player, and a great person. . .one of the rare Elite players who was as nice as he was skilled. Thank you, Odlaw, for your inspiration.

My heart and thoughts go out to his family and friend; I wish them solace in loss. I am lucky to have known him in the small capacity I did.

Rest easy, Odlaw.

~F
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Keeping this topic alive.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Posting for Grennon and the rest of <Bacon> as well as anyone who knew him on WoW.

It is 1 year since our brother Michael passed away.

It's easy to show your !@# in an online game. It's easy to use anonymity to be a jerk or grief others. In fact, that was the entire point of our Star Wars guild. Odlaw always tried to get us not to, but he still had our backs.

People change guilds like pairs of socks. They come and go. Some people burn so many bridges they have to switch personas or games.

Michael Waldvogle (Odlaw) has been gone a year and we still miss him all the time. Make friends, get their backs, be loyal, be a man. Hope that when you're gone, even if it's just because you graduated, had a kid, became Amish, or whatever; that people will miss you like we miss him.

Jeramy B. Smith (aka Grennon/Madmaximus)

Listening to this song is required after reading this post:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPXWt2ESxVY&t=33s
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Odlaw was one of the great original AD hunters.

I loved hanging out in IF with him and shooting the breeze on pets and the fad rotation of the day.

We should all hope to be remembered like this someday, it's not the monuments that you leave behind, it's your deeds and actions.

R.I.P. Odlaw

Benelli
(Reverence, PotP)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Kornos here from back of the day. I've switched servers, sides and class but I will always remember raiding with Odlaw with his legendary hunter skills that I could never reach, but I think I became a better player for it.

Thank you for everything,
Kornos
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Warrior
Another old player here stopping by to pay respects. Thanks for helping to make the server what it was, Odlaw. You were a swell fella.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]