Pet Collectors Chat! (Now both H and A!)

90 Draenei Warrior
@Nawa

Naw. I was waiting for a raid group on Ael to get into Karazhan. Stupid horse won't drop for me and I stopped counting at 200 kills.

I'll probably be out there tonight though looking for it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm extremely burned out on dailies, so I started training a bunch of mine. I only have two at 25 right now, but I've been powerleveling several more to see how they work and I should have a couple of teams pretty soon.

The good news is that Bloodknight Antari has finally been fixed. I reported it yesterday, and despite the fact that an MVP-wannabe decided to tell me off, he was hotfixed during today's restarts. If anyone who was there yesterday sees this thread, go pay him a visit.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/31/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Elivina
I really want that cute Nether Faerie Dragon. I have to level up my battle pets though, which can get a -tad- boring.

I do find that the pet leveling may need a bit of work, especially for how many pets you can acquire. I want that too! I caught an uncommon, but I refuse to level it up until I get a rare. I swear that I just cannot get one to come out.

10/31/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Tadkins
Are you guys sticklers like me and only attempt to catch a pet if it's rare quality?

Yup! I'll only catch something that isn't rare if it's a rare spawn or if I'm having really bad luck and just want to come back later.

I think you have a chance to get a battle stone from battling any wild pet of the family type that you battled.

Also would the chat be open to the trading and selling of battle stones?

Sure! I can't see why anything pertaining to pet collecting and battling wouldn't be welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No luck on the restless.

I found a bunch but none were rares.
):
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I'm addicted to the pet collecting now with pet battles. >.> I have around 365 unique pets, I think.

I was actually able to get the Tiny Shale Spider pet from Jadefang last night, with the help of a friend (the daily quest wasn't up, but yay for nelf priests!). And I also got the Hopling pet from the achievement from the Brewery dungeon.

I know how a lot of people want rares, I know I do, but it may take a lot of stress/frustration from yourelf if you just get whatever is available, and wait for the patch to come out with the stones that upgrade your pets to rares.

Like I mananged to get an uncommon Minfernal, and have tried for weeks now to get a rare. But that place is always camped, especially after restarts.

Also, for those that want to share what pets they have and stuff, try signing up to warcraftpets.com and update your profile from your armory, and it'll show what pets you collected.

Here's mine: http://www.warcraftpets.com/account/profiles/geneticdork/#col
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't think anyone has a really good grasp yet on how readily available these stones will be. Plus, it would be wise to use them on your non-wild pets first as those can't be upgraded without a stone.

I try not to frustrate myself too terribly and I do settle for an uncommon if I start to rage, but I prefer my pets rare. ;)

In other news, the channel is gaining, but we need more folks! Pet collectors and pet battle experts alike!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Shame you're on horde. I really just got into this yesterday. Been avoiding it because I knew I'd get hooked.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/01/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Tzipara
Shame you're on horde. I really just got into this yesterday. Been avoiding it because I knew I'd get hooked.

Hey, you guys need to start one on the A-side!

Can there be duplicate chat channel names and have another /petcollectors, or would the A-side have to be something like "allipetcollectors"?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
We have a great group so far in our little chat channel! Here's to hoping for more!

Are your friends and guildies tired of your pet chatter? Come join /petcollectors where we understand you better than anyone else!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/01/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Nakawe
Can there be duplicate chat channel names and have another /petcollectors, or would the A-side have to be something like "allipetcollectors"?

It can be the same. I have a personal channel that's the same on both sides. I'll be poking my head in later — I just started doing pet battles last night for the most part. I think my main pets are at level 12 or 13.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I got my little nether fairy dragon...thing.

; ^ ;

Is cute.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Eeee!!! I will be joining this channel when I log back in. *points at sticky note on her monitor* Finally a channel for pet collectors. /squee.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I'll just leave this here.

Voodoo Figurine Level 25 Rare Voodoo Doll/Golem

Fossilized Hatchling Level 25 Rare Skeleton Raptor Hatchling

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004010709
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I'll just leave this here.

Voodoo Figurine Level 25 Rare Voodoo Doll/Golem

Fossilized Hatchling Level 25 Rare Skeleton Raptor Hatchling

Thing with that is, all of those pets are rare. They're fairly easy to get if you just do Archeology (which is now pretty easy to level up/complete projects). And if you're willing, they can gain levels at a fast enough rate.

But I'm sure there's plenty of lazy rich people who'd buy them. So good luck.
Edited by Ninwyn on 11/2/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pets? Did someone say PETS?! -Rushes in with a stampede 331 pets behind her- There are just so many adorable pets I-I can't stop myself! -Runs away- Y'all watch them, Don't *touch* any...some bite, I have to go get 69 more in order to get my Venus which I want. Oh how i want. -Starts to head off into the wild to grab more pets, but quickly runs back and grabs a pet- This one stays with me. -And walks off with Vampiric Batling-
Reply Quote
-Quickly sets up a Petcollectors channel on Alliance. Stands there, with balloons in hands and eyes wide, as she waits for others to join in.-

...We have cookies.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yay, another pet addict! Are you guys on the Alliance /petcollectors as well, now that we know we can both have the same channel? I will update this on the OP!
Reply Quote
Yes, I currently am in the /petcollectors channel. All alone. QQ Just me and practically countless critters waiting, with cookies, for people to join and share their love of all things that use to be non-combat but now are battle pet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Giving this a little bump before I head off to do some non-WoW work!

Don't get discouraged if you /join and no one is in there at that moment! We only have a few regulars so far and I don't have a good idea of everyone's usual schedules yet, but we are a growing community and it never hurts to idle in the chat while we wait for more addicts to chat with!

I'll be a touch busy until later tonight, but I'm sure there will be others on this evening at least. Hopefully this gets bumped for the evening crowd while I'm gone!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Also, I thought it may be fun to use this thread as a cross-faction chat for broader topics since we can't chatter A<->H in-game.

Today's topic is: What are your short-term pet goals? This includes today, this month, or anything in-between!

My short-term goal is to hit 400 pets before the 15th.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]