Pet Collectors Chat! (Now both H and A!)

100 Dwarf Paladin
I spent the whole of yesterday training my pets and going on a capturing spree.

I'm still at the baby steps, but I'm in love with my Dun Morogh Snow Cub.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
11/05/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Nakawe
Come join us on the H-side channel for the nightly weather report with the lovely Gryzor!

Why, thank you Nakawe! Yes, I do indeed have lovely muscles. --> http://tinyurl.com/amvdh4c

I need to get on during early evenings to be more effective, though. It's too quiet in the daytime. :P

11/05/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Xiaoqing
That sounds horrible. Going to build my team completely around beating them then, 'cause I really want the elemental pet D:

You can do it. :) As long as you have a good selection of all-rounder pets, you should be fine. I suggest Mechanical, Flying, Magical, Undead, Humanoid and/or Beast, but that's me. Go with whatever pet combination you're most comfortable with, but be careful if your team has any special or overarching weaknesses.
Edited by Gryzor on 11/5/2012 11:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
[quote="70035128157"][quote]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why aren't more people interested in this? ;_;

I can't be the only one wasting time catching and leveling pets instead of leveling toons and raiding!!

I am... >.>

I'm gonna join the channel when I log on. Some of my damn pets are higher level than my new monk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'll have to check out this channel too. This expansion corrupted me! Pets weren't a big deal for me before but now...now...I must collect all the pets. And mounts. Must.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/06/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Feuzeri
I'll have to check out this channel too. This expansion corrupted me! Pets weren't a big deal for me before but now...now...I must collect all the pets. And mounts. Must.

When pet battles and wild pets were first announced, I got a bit "hipster" and turned my nose up, muttering something about having collected pets before it was cool.

Now that it's live, I'm glad to have so many new collecting tools and opportunities as well as a LOT more friends.

We'd love to have you in the channel!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have come to the realization that I will need to level my hunter if I want to have any chance at the rare-spawn drop pets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I might as well mention this now while Nakawe is busy leveling her hunter. ;)

With the addition of new raid-only pets in 5.1, we're thinking of organizing weekly raids for people to grab the pet drops. We have yet to solidify the mechanics, but I believe we can have interested parties sign up on a first come, first serve basis. First in line will get the drop for the week, and then we'll run on alts for other people until we've run out of toons due to lockouts.

11/06/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Nakawe
I have come to the realization that I will need to level my hunter if I want to have any chance at the rare-spawn drop pets.

Hunter: The Alt of Choice™.

Now that you mention it, I'll have to level my opposite faction alt as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Looking for Skoll, please come contact me in game. And i'll make it worth your while.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Isn't Gryzor awesome? I think we're all pretty much in love with his idea and I hope that we can execute it well.

Also, he's been a dear and is trying to teach me how to operate my hunter other than mashing buttons.

11/07/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Quorthon
Looking for Skoll, please come contact me in game. And i'll make it worth your while.

I spoke with you in the channel, but I'll leave this here for everyone else. We'd be happy to keep an eye out for Skoll for you in our passes through the Storm Peaks in search of snow in exchange for the promise that you will stop by and let us know if it snows there while you are searching yourself!

Much love to collectors of all kinds!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Wurk is generously holding a contest for a Terrible Turnip! Go on and participate if the Tillers RNG has not been on your side!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006345325?page=1#3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Auction House -

Because the most random conversation I've had all day took place with you guys.
About the Auction House.

How bout' that Auction House?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I once saw a level 21 Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling being sold on the AH for a 5 digit price.

I was like "Huh".
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I have seen sellers get a little nuts with the prices on the AH. Who knows? Maybe they're selling?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I remember selling a Purple Puffer for like 7k - level 1.

and I thought I was nuts for posting it for that much.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I can see 7k, actually. I can't see 15k, though!

Anyway... bump for the collectors!

We've got the organized raids in the works when 5.1 comes and also throwing around the idea of a pet battle tournament!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey, collectors! Are you going to be adding a Cinder Kitten to your collection?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7777896/Cinder_Kitten_Charity_Drive_for_Superstorm_Sandy_Coming_Soon-11_7_2012
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
The petcollectors channel on A-side is kinda quiet. Only keep seeing about 1 other person in there apart from myself, and that's on rare occasions. Then again I log on whenever it's nearly midnight PST.

That said, did you guys manage to come up with mechanics for the vanilla raid pet collectors? I'd like to hear about it, but I forgot to ask earlier.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
More Alliance players in this chat please! I need people to talk to during my pet hunting sessions!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I just saw the questions about trainers and I'd like to say that in my opinion, the only difficult one is Major Payne (Northrend boss). I beat him using a gimmick because I just didn't have the right pets leveled.

I think that after him, you don't really need counter pets, as long as your whole line-up isn't both weak and vulnerable against the trainers' pets. The Pandaria ones are pretty basic, with the exception being the last trainer. The only issue there is the hard-hitting Cloud Serpent, but that one can't heal itself, so it can be worn down by a pet who has some healing and damage-reduction abilities. I killed it with my Celestial Dragon, who can change the weather and heal himself. Alternatively, you could leave her Lightning Storm in place and take advantage of it with a mechanical pet.

I hope the Cinder Kitten comes out before my sub expires because it's just adorable and the fact that it's for charity makes its purchase more justifiable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
@ Iriaal: True. I never did use a hard counter team, except maybe for one or two instances. In all cases for my Pandaria fights I used more or less the same team. Also, yes; I did use a Mechanical to beat the final trainer's Cloud Serpent.

As for Major Payne, I forgot what pets he uses, but I believe I defeated them with the same team I used to beat the final trainer.

Anyway, there was somebody who tried entering Horde-side chat just now and asking around, but I wasn't able to respond in time due to being in a dungeon. The channel only got its usual denizens a quarter of an hour after he/she left. So for those who are looking to join Horde petcollectors chat, I apologize for the daytime slowness.

I do suggest entering H-side chat during the evenings when Nakawe or her Hunter alt is online, though. She's chattier than the rest of us combined, even with a broken keyboard. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]