Please stop autocasting at pet.

90 Gnome Mage
It's getting annoying.

While DPSing multiple mobs, if my current target dies while I am in the middle of a cast, instead of auto-acquiring a new target like all other classes, my frostbolt casts get redirected to my water elemental.

I, for one, never heal my pet. If he dies, I just summon him again.

Side note: what was wrong with the old method of your frostbolt healing the water elemental via DPSing a target?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
dunno the exact wording but i'd bet you can do something like /cast target=[harm,frostbolt] frostbolt ?

idk dont think for a second that macro is correct but there should be a way to make a fancy pants macro that will only cast frostbolts at enemy targets.

and for fun, assuming you can do the @target=harm thing, you should be able to add in modifiers just incase you ever did want to heal your pet you could make it so that pressing alt/shift/cntrl would heal pet while not holding any of those would cast at an enemy.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
/cast [@target, exist] Frostbolt;

When you don't have a target, it will not allow you to cast. This macro also allows you to frostbolt your pet for healing if you target it, a macro with the harm condition will not.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage

When you don't have a target, it will not allow you to cast. This macro also allows you to frostbolt your pet for healing if you target it, a macro with the harm condition will not.

Thank you! This is the beauty ive been looking for. SOOOO MUCH frustration solved with this macro. You deserve a medal and a trophy.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

Thank you. That worked perfectly. I was also getting annoyed by this.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just for funzies, can anyone gifted in the ways of macros create a macro that will cast frostbolt at my target (like you just had) but then if i hold shift cast at my WE?
Edited by Jkspiritlink on 11/2/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
Just for funzies, can anyone gifted in the ways of macros create a macro that will cast frostbolt at my target (like you just had) but then if i hold shift cast at my WE?

/use [mod:shift,@pet][exists] Frostbolt

Make sure shift+hotkey isn't bound to anything in your keybind options.
Reply Quote
19 Blood Elf Mage
I know its an old thread but thank you for this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Fantastic! This "feature" was getting super annoying, but this macro seems to be the complete fix. Thank you!
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip
/cast Frostbolt
/stopcasting [@pet]

Now you'll never have to worry about healing your pet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]