15% healing nerf to pvp, now thoughts of 30%

90 Orc Shaman
First you guys decide to nerf healing overall 15% in pvp which hurts a lot of other healing classes, and you haven't even touched dps specs yet which are owning everyone. And now recent blue posts show after they nerf dmg a little bit they "might" then nerf healing yet AGAIN for 30% overall in pvp? It's sad the only thing you guys could think of is nerfing all around healing instead of fixing the individual classes of off-healing, ele sham, ret paly, booms etc but instead they want to hurt every healing class again as their way of saying, "ITS A FIX!".

"Healing – We agree that off-spec healers are too competitive with dedicated healers. Specs such as Shadow, Elemental, and Balance are supposed to be able to provide some healing—that’s one of their perks—but they shouldn’t be able to substitute for a dedicated healer. The change we are going to try here is to have PvP Power benefit either your damage or healing depending on spec. We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins, who are incredibly strong in PvP at the moment. After we tone down some of the burst damage coming from Hunters, Warriors, and Mages, we may try the PvP healing debuff at 30% instead of the current 15%, but that won’t happen until after we’ve resolved the damage issues." Dev Watercooler: Mists of Pandaria PvP

So after there little dmg nerf they want to again nerf healing overall, as if thats gonna fix anything, especially when lots of healing specs/classes are bad atm, such as disc priests. Wheres the thought process behind this, because this is sad if this is the only thing you guys could think of for changing the off-healing classes is by harming every healing class.
Edited by Healmasta on 10/31/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Think I am just going to play my lock in pvp. I've had enough of Blizzards so called fixes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins, who are incredibly strong in PvP at the moment. After we tone down some of the burst damage coming from Hunters, Warriors, and Mages, we may try the PvP healing debuff at 30% instead of the current 15%, but that won’t happen until after we’ve resolved the damage issues.".

This is just puzzling to me. They say resto shamans, holy pallies, and off healing is too powerful, so they're going to nerf all healing?

That's like saying BM hunters and arms warriors do too much burst, so all damage will be nerfed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Is this something that has been brought up by blues, or just a "what if?" scenario? I'd take another healing reduction if it came with a 50% drop in cc. Otherwise, hello cancelled account.
Reply Quote
I didn't get that either. If damage gets nerfed, some healing may well need nerfed as well. But to just say "well, some healers are OP right now, so we're going to reduce all healing" is crazy. I hope that was just poorly worded.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Before blizzard does ANY nerfs to pvp healing, they need to go into a few RBG matches.

I play a resto druid, and if the opposing team calls out "KILL SUNBEAR" on vent, I've got 3-5 seconds to live, and I won't be able to move or cast spells for those 3-5 seconds, and neither will the healers near me as they get hit with instant CCs during the kill.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This is all on this big Blue Post.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
^ That website.
I almost peed myself laughing so hard at the incompetence of the dev team.
Edited by Healmasta on 10/31/2012 6:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I was gonna say...Blizzard has no idea how much CC they've introduced into the game.

Aside the the stupid amounts of burst going out, EVERYONE can either interrupt, stun, or silence you. I do fairly well against people who don't use their utility, but against people that do i'm not able to do much...and the story changes entirely if you add a single more person into that calculation.

I've been somewhat enjoying my non-rated BG's, but only when I'm not against geared people who know what they're doing. Holy paladins have 4 CC's, warriors have at least 4 ways to stop casting, rogues...well, no complaints about their damage, but in a group setting they've always had a lot of CC.

Not to mention frost mages. Frost dk's are pretty intense for dps, and even though they lack ten CC abilities like most classes, their dps combos with any other class in the game quite well.

I'm fairly sure DR needs to be buffed. I have been silenced/interrupted/stunned for literally 20 seconds straight. juking does work now and then, but when you're unlucky, and being attacked by a few people, it's nearly impossible to get a decent heal off.

Uhg, I never did think that blizzard actually played WoW, but if they nerf healing to 30%, im just not going to pvp (and it's been awhile since i've enjoyed pvp, so i might not even play if they do something as stupid as that). Go ahead and break your game though, blizz. It's already been out long enough for you guys to completely ruin it. :D
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I'll preface this by explaining an often overlooked fact: During the beginning of every expansion cycle, PvP healers get completely blown up everytime they get focus fired, because there's no resilience gear yet.

This expansion cycle has been completely different! -Not because resilience is obsolete, but because PvP healing is particularly strong, when you compare the ratio of healing/player health pools to the ratio of damage output/health pools. This is allowing healers to keep themselves alive longer, and make them much harder to kill.

It's a nice change of pace! I've gotten so used to getting completely destroyed in BGs and arenas at the beginning of every new expansion, I actually dreaded MoP's release, from the respect of doing PvP.

But along that same thought-line, DPS are so used to completely blowing up healers at the beginning of an expansion cycle, that they've come to expect it as well. -So instead of blowing up healers, they are blowing up the forums, complaining.

THE POINT I AM MAKING: I understand where GC is coming from regarding nerfing PvP healing, but doing it right now is just going to bring us back to healers getting destroyed at the beginning of the expansion cycle again. It needs to coincide with the higher levels of resilience becoming available with patch 5.1, 5.2, etc.
Edited by Epox on 11/1/2012 6:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
The worst part about the idea for a 30% healing nerf is that they have openly admitted that holy paladins and resto shamans are particularily doing too much healing.

Solution? another flat 15% healing nerf.

What about the classes that were not doing to much healing like Mistweaver monks? or preists? they are effected by this nerf too.

If paladins and shamans are healing to much, apply a 15% nerf to them specifically. Mistweavers are NOT healing for too much right now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Both Mistweavers and Priests are getting buffed significantly next patch. I understand why Blizzard wants to do it, I just think that 30% is too much. It is already easy for two people to take down a healer with the ridicoulous amounts of CC that DPS now has. If anything I would say that healers needs more survability not less.

Dont forget, healers cannot really kill anyone, so if a single DPS is able to take down a healer then its game-over for healers.
Edited by Leneas on 11/1/2012 6:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healing – We agree that off-spec healers are too competitive with dedicated healers. Specs such as Shadow, Elemental, and Balance are supposed to be able to provide some healing—that’s one of their perks—but they shouldn’t be able to substitute for a dedicated healer. The change we are going to try here is to have PvP Power benefit either your damage or healing depending on spec.

So they're dealing with off-spec healing imbalance first.

After we tone down some of the burst damage coming from Hunters, Warriors, and Mages, we may try the PvP healing debuff at 30% instead of the current 15%, but that won’t happen until after we’ve resolved the damage issues.

Then they're dealing with burst damage.

Then they're re-evaluating where healing stands.

That's a lot of stuff to work through before healing *might* get nerfed. Panic less.
Edited by Nerfheals on 11/1/2012 6:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Human Warrior
Could anyone indicate if this is BG wide or only at the level cap? Reports from low level twinks healers indicate that they're heals are not being affected by the nerf whatsoever. Healing is more out of control before lvl cap.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
The worst part about the idea for a 30% healing nerf is that they have openly admitted that holy paladins and resto shamans are particularily doing too much healing.

Solution? another flat 15% healing nerf.

What about the classes that were not doing to much healing like Mistweaver monks? or preists? they are effected by this nerf too.

If paladins and shamans are healing to much, apply a 15% nerf to them specifically. Mistweavers are NOT healing for too much right now.

Mistweavers need a 15-30% healing nerf, specifically, in PvE. How fortuante that you're getting buffed instead this patch! Developers are... yea, whatever.

Stop caring about PvP people, Blizzard never started.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
11/01/2012 03:54 AMPosted by Chawana
I was gonna say...Blizzard has no idea how much CC they've introduced into the game.

Agreed. CC is out of control.

I'd much rather have an environment where my healing is nerfed but I'm in control of my character 80% of the time, than an environment where I have massive heals but only control my character 20% of the time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/01/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Gorganis

Agreed. CC is out of control.

I'd much rather have an environment where my healing is nerfed but I'm in control of my character 80% of the time, than an environment where I have massive heals but only control my character 20% of the time.

CC is a huge part of how skill is added to PvP, otherwise its just button mashing. No one likes being CC'd but the fact is CC is what separates the good players from the bad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
When I started playing WoW in early Burning Crusade, I found that I loved PvP. I made the choice to slow down my leveling (exp was not earned in BGs then) because I enjoyed the BG experience so much when I was in my 50's and 60's.

Now I hate PvP.

I hate PvP with every fiber of my being. I have abandoned it.

- I do not appreciate being made into a victim class. Blizzard has emphasized anti-player mechanics so extensively and with such wild abandon since Burning Crusade that, especially as a healer, it is easy to now have the sense that you spend more time in PvP with no control of your character than you spend actually playing it.

- Compared to Burning Crusade, the ratio of (damage / health) is, once again, frustratingly high. All it takes to be destroyed is once good stun followed by a silence. In some situations, even with high resilience, you can be burned up in just one cc.

- At the start of Cataclysm I had warned that the loss of damage mitigation talents coupled with being in cloth armor and the expansion of anti-player mechanics (which are especially burdensome to casters) would result in a loss of PvP viability for priests in general, but most especially Holy priests. Well, now in MoP they've taken away Inspiration and Blessed Resilience, added yet again more anti-player mechanics, and have seen fit to allow very high up-times of melee dps (particularly warriors) on healers. Things have only gotten worse and worse for priests.

People may raise counter arguments about how things are not as bad as I've pointed out, but in my mind all such arguments are irrelevant.

I hate PvP now.

PvP has become an aggravated frustration engine. Whereas I once used to enjoy it tremendously, now it just makes me angry and frustrated.

Helplessness should not be the basic, fundamental mechanic on which PvP is based. The fundamental design decision to build up PvP around helplessness was a critical and irretrievable mistake.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/01/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Leneas
Both Mistweavers and Priests are getting buffed significantly next patch.

No we aren't. We get one survivability talent back (Disc only) that we lost from cata, one that we never should have lost in the first place, and a slight throughput increase to Holy. That's not "buffed significantly".
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
"Healing – We agree that off-spec healers are too competitive with dedicated healers. Specs such as Shadow, Elemental, and Balance are supposed to be able to provide some healing—that’s one of their perks—but they shouldn’t be able to substitute for a dedicated healer. The change we are going to try here is to have PvP Power benefit either your damage or healing depending on spec. We are concerned that healing may be too high even for dedicated healers, especially for Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladins, who are incredibly strong in PvP at the moment. After we tone down some of the burst damage coming from Hunters, Warriors, and Mages, we may try the PvP healing debuff at 30% instead of the current 15%, but that won’t happen until after we’ve resolved the damage issues."
__Dev Watercooler: Mists of Pandaria PvP
These players are dps spec and are able to bring themselves and their partners up to full health in a heartbeat while pounding other players into the ground and cc'ing. Yea they do need a nerf, derp derp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]