Loot in Challenge Modes?

1 Human Mage
I love the idea of challenging 5-man content, but as someone with little interest in leaderboards and vanity items I don't see much reason to do them. Has Blizzard said anything regarding why they didn't include gear drops in Challenge Modes or if they are planning to include them in the future?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You're not going to want to waste your time looting anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
11/02/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Dontcare
I love the idea of challenging 5-man content

Obviously not.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I love the idea of challenging 5-man content, but as someone with little interest in leaderboards and vanity items I don't see much reason to do them. Has Blizzard said anything regarding why they didn't include gear drops in Challenge Modes or if they are planning to include them in the future?

No repair bill.

No loot needed to pay repair bill.

No time to loot when you have 13 mins to finish >_>
Reply Quote
94 Troll Druid
Putting useable loot in there would debase them. Blizzard can't put loot you could use in raids there or people would feel the need to grind them for gear, then there would calls for nerfs. This is what happened with "heroic" dungeons from BC onwards (they should really rename "heroics" to something else).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Challenge modes are sort of to replace that classic WoW "show off what I did" feel that came with raid sets back then. Since they are intended mostly for prestige, they didn't want to put loot that essentially returned the gap between players who could do them and those who couldn't for various reasons.

I could understand a request for there to be a cache with a chance for current level raid epics, but I can understand the reason not to as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
So they nerfed heroics and now there's no reason to run actual hard mode dungeons? Awesome.

There is still reason since they give access to a unique mount and unique sets of gear if you are actually good. They are also the fastest way to get VP.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

It's about the challenge, not character power. If they add gear to it, they'll feel under pressure to nerf it. It's just like pvp, once you get past 2200 or so, you're doing it for fun, not items.
Reply Quote
1 Human Mage
11/02/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Faroth
Since they are intended mostly for prestige, they didn't want to put loot that essentially returned the gap between players who could do them and those who couldn't for various reasons.

There is a gap between between players who do Normal raids and LFR, there is a gap between players who do Heroic raids and those who do Normal raids. Why can't there be a gap between players who do Challenge Modes and LFD?

11/02/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Dragomaxxor
There is still reason since they give access to a unique mount and unique sets of gear if you are actually good.

Would this be an acceptable reason to do other endgame content?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/02/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Dontcare
Since they are intended mostly for prestige, they didn't want to put loot that essentially returned the gap between players who could do them and those who couldn't for various reasons.

There is a gap between between players who do Normal raids and LFR, there is a gap between players who do Heroic raids and those who do Normal raids. Why can't there be a gap between players who do Challenge Modes and LFD?

There is still reason since they give access to a unique mount and unique sets of gear if you are actually good.

Would this be an acceptable reason to do other endgame content?

I think so, yes.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Challenge modes were designed for the players who are interested in leaderboards and flexing their epeens over their skill. They're supposed to be about bragging rights and vanity.

Sounds like they aren't meant for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]