Hunter DPS worthless in raids...?

5 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Arusi on 11/22/2012 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
11/05/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Arusi
You have posted on every thread in the hunter forums with trolls similar to this. Troll is obvious.

Until you bring facts to support your argument that 'Hunters are worthless', you're the troll here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Interestingly I have only seem Magnolia post in threads like this that were subtle attempts at bragging.

Keep the facts where they need to be and the personal bragging elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
How are you only doing 40-50k dps? I rarely raid, only fill in when needed or do alt raids and I pulled 90k on Elegon 10 as SV. Most other fights I'm in the 60-65k range. Sure other classes are much higher but you should be pulling more then what you are.

Elgon is not a good example of DPS. While in spirit form you get a 50% damage buff on Elgon.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
How are you only doing 40-50k dps? I rarely raid, only fill in when needed or do alt raids and I pulled 90k on Elegon 10 as SV. Most other fights I'm in the 60-65k range. Sure other classes are much higher but you should be pulling more then what you are.

Elgon is not a good example of DPS. While in spirit form you get a 50% damage buff on Elgon.

Why am i posting as A druid in a hunter forum? Accident
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Most annoying part here, hybrid classes can easily out dps with little effort, especially as a bm so many cd's to time right. For now was doing mostly heroics and with average i456 i was pulling at most 37-40k dps on a single target boss, on packs i'm usually behind expect if someone only dinged 90. Multi target dmg is plain horrible.

And seems i have to forget about pvp for now too, way too bother to stay competitive.

Will be rolling a lock just in case, i played him in wotlk on europe and with all those changes probably will be still fun to play again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/05/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Catupecu
I'm pulling around 60k on bosses (sustained), but honestly i see some logs and i dont even know how am i expected to reach 80-100k DPS. Seems beyond me right now...

If you had a DK in your 479 iLevel gear I'm sure he/she would be doing around 90k or more.
DK's need a nerfbat and soon!
Had a 87 DK last night when I was tanking Brewery on my 86 Prot pally and he was doing Howling blast on SINGLE TARGET fights because it was critting for almost 60k whereas his FS was doing about 70k. 70k at 87. My 90 hunter is lucky to see a killshot crit for that much.

As for mages and their OP DPS, Ghostcrawler aka Greg Street plays a mage as his main. Mages will NEVER get nerfed down to other class levels. Ever. Also wonder why Locks are OP right now? Greg's alt is a lock.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Oh for crying out loud. Success in raiding has a lot more to do with knowing fight mechanics and doing the right things, and a lot less to do with topping the damage meters. Disengage your ego, help your guild down raid bosses, show up on time, and your raid won't kick you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/06/2012 08:21 AMPosted by Stark
Oh for crying out loud. Success in raiding has a lot more to do with knowing fight mechanics and doing the right things, and a lot less to do with topping the damage meters. Disengage your ego, help your guild down raid bosses, show up on time, and your raid won't kick you.

Once you start having wipes at sub 5% of the bosses health, you will take a long hard look at the classes that are doing 10-40k less dps on every boss in the raid.
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Arusi on 11/22/2012 4:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Once you start having wipes at sub 5% of the bosses health, you will take a long hard look at the classes that are doing 10-40k less dps on every boss in the raid.

and this is how i got kicked .

- Mage (( item lv 467 )) = 80k dps .
- Hunter " me " (( item lv 475 )) Fully enchanted , gyms , potion +1000 agil = 40~44 dps

when i put my self in the raid leader position .. well can't blame him
why i will ever inv hunter while i can have ( mage or warlcok ... ect ) doing x2 his damage .

hunters got screwed in PVE
and thx to the new patch now even pvp .

Bliz just delete the class and give us the option to make anther lv 90
it's really easier then screwing with us over and over again .
Edited by Ôk on 11/6/2012 10:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
11/06/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Arusi
I'm simply stating that not bringing hunters will make for *optimal* progression.

The thing is, the best guilds in the world have proved that Hunters are viable parts of progression raiding. This means that if your guild is unable to kill a boss with a Hunter in the raid, the problem is not the Hunter in the raid. The problem is in your other DPS, or healers, or tanks, or your strategy.

In a case like that, maybe kicking the Hunter and getting someone else who does 20k DPS more will get them the kill. That doesn't mean that the Hunter class is at fault, it just means the people in that guild are too lazy to play better.

It's already been proven that Hunters are fine in the top 0.001% of progression. Anyone below that having issues and deciding to replace a Hunter are simply using 'this class has low DPS' as an excuse to not play better. Maybe they can't play better and swapping to another class gets a kill, that doesn't really have anything to do with Hunters as a class.
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Warrior

^ I would take this option in a heartbeat. I'm not saying this looking for some sort of hunter buff , I honestly do not care anymore and want to play other classes. I will never touch the hunter class ever again.
Edited by Arusi on 11/22/2012 4:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

^ I would take this option in a heartbeat. I'm not saying this looking for some sort of hunter buff , I honestly do not care anymore and want to play other classes. I will never touch the hunter class ever again. Already deleted my hunter, moving on.

RIP 90 hunter 485il.

What is the point of this post? I mean, really?

Blizzard doesn't read class forums, so you are just talking with the hunter community. We don't really care all that much that you deleted your hunter. We can't buff the class. You're just whining for the sake of whining.
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Arusi on 11/19/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Warrior
Edited by Arusi on 11/19/2012 8:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

^ I would take this option in a heartbeat. I'm not saying this looking for some sort of hunter buff , I honestly do not care anymore and want to play other classes. I will never touch the hunter class ever again. Already deleted my hunter, moving on.

RIP 90 hunter 485il.

i suggest safe bet ( mage , warlock )
Bliz have that fetish over casters .

Warriors ...
i feel happy when they call you op , for all the mistreated (( patches + expansions )) you've been through but sorry to say this ... you are no caster with the immunity to " Nerf down to the ground "
Edited by Ôk on 11/6/2012 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm usually a top 5 player if not top 10 in my 25 man roster. I don't see any issues with hunter dps other than I prefer survival over beast master. Maybe other players in your raids are stronger dps than yourself as individual players or you're lacking a bit of gear. Or even perhaps you are just not finding a way to maximize your dps for a particular fight.

aoe parse-
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xt28acxocoy5isvq/sum/damageDone/?s=14348&e=14747

this is a 3+ target fight normally and even becoming the monstrosity twice managed to be top 5.

single target parse-
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4l3xaywcugcpm002/sum/damageDone/?s=16064&e=16239

[edit] same fight from another loggers perspective-
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/li0njl4oti83s7mk/sum/damageDone/?s=21&e=196#Finkployd

Even with me being SV and it being lower dps than BM i'm right at the BM hunters dps and we're both top 10.

double dot parse-
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lifa0xunvvrv63lc/sum/damageDone/?s=10670&e=10975

I am assigned to light up tiles for this and was having to focus on many other things in this fight and also managed top 10 within my raid.

Hunters might not be top for any of the fights but we're definitely not the bottom if played correctly.
Edited by Finkployd on 11/6/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
4 Draenei Mage
11/06/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Arusi
Dude you are completely delusional. There you go again making this a personal ego war. Like how many times do I have to say it. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PERSONAL HUNTER GAME PLAY! It comes down to simple math, hunter dps in an optimal raid environment hinders raid progression. Get over yourself! You are not a hunter in real life!

My post said absolutely nothing about personal Hunter play...

It comes down to simple math, hunter dps in an optimal raid environment hinders raid progression.

The simple math is that 6/10 of the top 10 guilds in the world (Midwinter is 11 and has 2) have Hunters in the raid.
Edited by Magnolia on 11/6/2012 11:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
If you are running Survival, check your Mastery Stats vs BM and MM. BM and MM have 16% base stat and takes 300 points from your gear / gems to equal 1% Mastery. Survivaly have a base of 8% and takes 600 points from your gear / gems to equal 1% Mastery.

I have no idea if this is a passive trait for survival hunters or if the Game Devs just neglected to set Surv hunters stats equal to BM and MM.

Please clarify this for me. I feel the same about the low dps of Hunters for raiding and the high burst from BM in pvp. Although stacking Mastery in pvp ... I seem to be very competitive on the damage done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]