@Seph and the truth about Despair

90 Undead Rogue
I'd like to start off by saying I knew nothing about Despair prior to MoP as I only came to the server (and back to the game actually) hours before MoP's release. I was told that Despair was a huge PvP guild that did RBGs, BGs, Arena, and World PvP together. This hasn't been the case at all.

Seph herself has not organized a thing. There has been none of the above mentioned except for a handful of people that were friends and only wanted to do things with each other. These are the same people that are no longer in the guild due to the recent drama as I'm sure a lot of you read here on the forum. There have been a handful of others that recently have tried getting some RBGs going but these are just regular members, none of the so-called leaders. Seph herself just pushes oQueue (which I love to be honest and am thankful to have met some great people on it) to find groups.

The ranking system in Despair goes by Arena/RBG ratings so the higher rated a person is the higher ranking they have in the guild. It's not much of a big deal as it's just basically a different amount of daily gold earned for guild repairs. I've suggested giving people a higher rank based on what they do for the guild but it was in vain.

As an example there was recently a hunter that would partner with people for arena to get them 1550 rating (the minimum to stay in the guild) so that they could stay. He did this for free. He also donated 20k gold to the guild and NEVER asked for anything in return. He was the type of guild mate that most guilds would want, helpful, nice, generous, and didn't ask for anything in return. This person is the type of player that I respect, not for how good they are at PvP but because of who they are as a person/player. After just requesting his old rank back (which wasn't even high but just high enough for repairs) he was ignored. It happened more than once and I'm guessing (didn't ask his exact reasons) that he felt used/unappreciated and decided to leave.

Now these so-called PvP stars, the ones with the high rank, are the ones that only did for themselves, tried (and perhaps succeeded) in charging guild mates for 1550, didn't contribute to the guild, and were some of the ones that were part of the recent drama.

So though it is Seph's guild, and as Sunnyqt stated before he did the !@#$ he did (which I 100% disgree with and think it was a $%^& move), she doesn't do anything for the guild and is just greedy and wants bodies in it for the donations. She does donate gems and crap to the guild bank but she also withdraws gold and everything else that she wants.

So that being said today I suggested that she should return at least some of the gold by the earlier stated $20k donator as I'm the type to speak my mind and I'm all about fairness. I personally think he's an idiot for donating to the guild (though I do respect him 100%) because there is nothing about the guild that is worth it. There is no sense of family or a team or people that have your back. There are no guild functions. It's just log in, do your own thing, and log out. Things then turned for the worse.

I mentioned the ranking system being flawed and again how people were given ranks based on ratings and not who they were and to look where that recently got the guild. I stated that some people do for others and donate to the guild and they get $%^& and it was kinda a %^&*# up system. I said higher ranks should be for people that do things for the guild, the members of the guild, the people that are looked up to, not the elitist #$%^s that only care about themselves and their friends.

This led to "Start your own guild" in which I had to laugh at and tell her it was a great answer. I mentioned I was just stating a fact when another member of the guild jumped in and mentioned he agreed with me. But thinking about the month I've been part of the guild and the %^&* I've witnessed I chose to tell her that if she wants to be a %^&* that's her choice.

"Mokkthemadd has been kicked out of the guild by Seph."
Edited by Mokkthemadd on 11/6/2012 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Now you might ask why I'm writing this and that nobody cares and possibly a dozen other things and that's fine but since I've invested my time and energy into a guild that didn't benefit me other than the level 25 guild perks I felt the need to share my thoughts especially after the drama from a few days ago.

There ARE definitely some great people in the guild but Seph is a complete waste of time as a leader. In fact using the word "leader" and her in the same sentence is a joke. It's more like the guild is her property/business. She is the majority stock owner that just wants to collect without putting anything into it. Despair will make it through their bumps but they will never be a cohesive guild with Seph as the GM and no actual leadership in the guild.

So if you're looking for a level 25 guild for PvP, just find a guild with quality leadership and good people and if they don't do PvP just use oQueue and make some great PvP friends that way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I never would have guessed that a PvP guild would fall apart so quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Does Seph have any water bottle pics or pepperoni nips?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Couldn't have explained it better Mokkthemad, seems like you pretty much described everything that was REALLY going on behind all the BS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Woe
11/06/2012 03:37 PMPosted by Matuzak
Does Seph have any water bottle pics or pepperoni nips?

tylenol bottles and clothespins :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Malbolgia is my favorite "Mal" ...(after Mallory Knox, of course).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Buu turn you all into chocolate.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
And its just poke who charges for arenas, he even makes me pay :( BUU MAKE POKEMASTER INTO CANDY.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I thought Buu doesnt get on the forums!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
ME ANGRY AND FAT AND HEAR ABOUT CHOCOLATE AND CANDY...WHERE IS?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Just my 2 cents, I joined with despair pre-MoP just for the guild perks while I did my own thing, and the promise of world pvp post MoP. I quit about a week ago to join a different guild, before any drama happened. So at least I can offer my opinions.

-Seph seemed like a nice enough person, but even before MoP hit it was pretty obvious to me that it was a farm guild: Accumulate members through spam/promises, accumulate gold, and !@#$off the rest of the time. This was fine with me.

-There was never a single organized activity in 2+ months. Despair had a channel on the horde public vent server, and recruited people. That was it.

-The ratings/rank system mostly seemed like a good way to restrict access to guild resources while accumulating as many as possible. Seph didn't kick active players because of low rating, those players simply got no repairs or gbank access.

Once I found the OQueue community I realized I had no use for Despair (there was no wpvp or rbgs, and I hadn't made friends within the guild) and moved on. I don't really begrudge Seph for the state of the guild, since to me she did nothing worse than misrepresent her guild to new members, which I expect every guild does on some level. Then again, I'm of the radical opinion that a guild is the sole property of the Guildmaster, and Blizzard GMs have no place arbitrating such disputes (Eve veteran here).
Edited by Crystalah on 11/7/2012 2:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Love this post mok, and im sure the person who it is about enjoys it as well! Well put and well said.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
-There was never a single organized activity in 2+ months. Despair had a channel on the horde public vent server, and recruited people. That was it.

this doesn't surprise me too much honestly, i liked seph and she is a fun person to have by your side,but i very very rarely found despair helpful in any world pvp i would get into.

honestly too bad all around
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hail Mokkthemadd,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004045111

Come check us out. We're always looking for more stronge players as yourself.

~Warmaster Mädâm™
<Horde Strike Force>
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
My girlfriend and I joined Despair a month before MoP because, hey, the robo-invite was easy and it was level 25. Sounded good but we didn't expect much. As others have stated, despite the number of active members online at a given time, usually 30+, gchat was dead as the grave and when people did occasionally talk, it was usually to slap each other in the face with their !@#$%es. Which is cool, I guess, if you're into that.

Anyway, we left shortly after MoP. I decided to gquit after a lower-level player, around 70, asked in gchat if anyone wanted to get together a lower-level raid. I think he asked twice in maybe the span of an hour. After the second time, he was ridiculed, laughed at, and gkicked by Seph. "I hate freeloaders," she said. And they laughed.

Was it a bad experience overall? No. Was it good? No. Did the guild have some trolls and jerks? Yeah. Luckily they kept to themselves most of the time. As the earlier poster said, I used the guild for its rank perks and they got whatever they got from me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/07/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Grindleshank
My girlfriend

Instantly invalidates the rest of this because you play wow so you don't have one which means you are a bigfatcobraliar.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

Anyway, we left shortly after MoP. I decided to gquit after a lower-level player, around 70, asked in gchat if anyone wanted to get together a lower-level raid. I think he asked twice in maybe the span of an hour. After the second time, he was ridiculed, laughed at, and gkicked by Seph. "I hate freeloaders," she said. And they laughed.

I recall that somewhat differently. He was making demands, and then threw a fit when someone leveled a sarcastic comment at him.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
11/08/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Calihye
My girlfriend

Instantly invalidates the rest of this because you play wow so you don't have one which means you are a bigfatcobraliar.
Wow. 10 million lonely single people sitting around with the Mt Dew and Cheetos for eight straight years. Depressing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]