Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

90 Orc Death Knight
Just a random question due to not being able to find out any information on this.

Does blizzard have plans in the future to make these Account bound? or even trade worth? haha.

Just annoying is all i mean i have a herb / mining toon which means Harmony is pointless seems a waste is all.

I understand on making them BoP bringing the value into maxing your proffessions but why not make them Account bound keeping money to same person?

If anyone has any word on whats happening or thoughts would be helpful.
Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
My main character will never use them. I'm just collecting them to look at.
Reply Quote
You can trade them at the shrine or your horde equivalent MoP city.

I usually get 3 golden lotus for transmutes/flasks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Your gatherer characters can trade them in for Materials once you get to the vale of eternal blossoms, so they aren't worthless to pure gatherers.

With gold and crafting materials so plentiful the Spirits of Harmony are the only means to create any kind of control over the influx of items into the economy. Ghost Iron and Herbs are everywhere, gold is more plentiful than ever and you can literally farm most things out of the ground. Making them BoP establishes a long needed control factor.

That said I imagine they will become less restricted near the end of MoP, after all they will want people to move through the content more quickly once there is another expansion on the horizon, but for the foreseeable future they will probably remain BoP
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
honestly this !@#$ again?
just like Frozen Orbs
Just like Chaos Orbs

they will likely be made BoE later on in the expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Your gatherer characters can trade them in for Materials once you get to the vale of eternal blossoms, so they aren't worthless to pure gatherers.

With gold and crafting materials so plentiful the Spirits of Harmony are the only means to create any kind of control over the influx of items into the economy. Ghost Iron and Herbs are everywhere, gold is more plentiful than ever and you can literally farm most things out of the ground. Making them BoP establishes a long needed control factor.

That said I imagine they will become less restricted near the end of MoP, after all they will want people to move through the content more quickly once there is another expansion on the horizon, but for the foreseeable future they will probably remain BoP

Im so behind in this expansion with keeping up with what reps worth it and whats not, to the point of not even looked into where to begin the daily grind. Guess need to look more into things rather than posting in forums haha. Thanks though gives me idea on where to start.
Reply Quote
Drops of this type should NOT be on rng. There is no reason some players should lack something so important due to rng, which can be a COLD mistress.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
http://www.wowwiki.com/Spirit_of_Harmony

the link gives you the vends for both factions for the soh and some info
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
11/06/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Hysar
My main character will never use them. I'm just collecting them to look at.

That's silly. Trade them to the panda guy on the terrace at the Shrine of the Two Moons for mats and sell those.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

Since motes are not rolled on I (as a healer) NEVER get them from dungeons bc the dps always picks them up first.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

...Be realistic please.

Nobody is going to be awestruck because someone /inspects someone and sees that they are wearing crafted items that cost Spirits of Harmony.

Just about every crafter out there would rather be able to sell their items that they can obtain at a reasonable rate than be forced to farm out - on that specific character mind you - a handful more of Motes of Harmony so that they have enough for that item. The true value of Motes/Spirits at level 90 is next to nothing because anyone who does the Tillers dailies for a couple days will be able to, literally, farm them. Any smart person does vegetable growing on non-90's, and leaves their 90's to farm up Spirits.

They aren't valuable. They aren't amazing. They aren't interesting. They're an annoying blockade that makes leveling professions, and crafting actual items you intend on using, unfun. I'm a bit tired of dumping excess resources to level professions on alts since I don't have a Spirit of Harmony to buy that one recipe, or to make that mediocre item.

Look, at the very LEAST, make them BoA. Chaos Orbs were an atrocious mistake, and these are arguably worse than they were. I'm sick of having characters with tons of Spirits I'll never use, and others desperately clinging on to every mote they get.

Spirits of Harmony alone ruined my outlook on professions for this expansion. I'm hoping you guys learn your lesson and change them soon - and PLEASE don't make the same mistake going forward.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Please have a spirit of harmony drop from the last boss that people get to roll on in dungeons. This would also help with tanks and healers leaving after they get the usual boss they want from a dungeon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
My votes on BoP, I always like an extra profit. If you do make them BoE or whatever, do it in the next expantion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

Actually it is more like the following:

Making them BoP is a good way of slowing down the availability of crafted epics because we want to drag out content as long a possible so we may actually get the next content patch out before the majority of the player base is finished with the current patch. The level of inconvenience to the player base to get to the content they want to is irrelevant. Hence why we also removed Have Group Will Travel and the enhanced travel speed while dead and flying while dead so you have to spirit res if you get screwed where you die.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/06/2012 07:30 PMPosted by Kaìtlynn
Please have a spirit of harmony drop from the last boss that people get to roll on in dungeons. This would also help with tanks and healers leaving after they get the usual boss they want from a dungeon.

I actually wouldn't mind this idea really annoying tanks/heals leaving after 1st 2nd boos due to thee gear not dropping or another player got the gear they wanted.

umm when i loot a mob in a Dungeon im not looting every mob we just killed Im looting a specific one that hapend to open up for me to loot.... I think your just unlucky as my tank is getting motes frequently in dungeons upon looting and tbh each member of the group has gotten at least 1 mote 70% of the time :P....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Once I discovered how freaking many SPirits one can get from doing Tillers, I'm not as worried as I once was about SoH being BoP.

It is mildly annoying, though, that you have to wait until you ding 90 and then wait a week+ before you start planting songbells and/or max out your farm, but meh.

Once you do,the spirits roll in pretty fast.

Come 5.1, Tillers won't take very long at all with the double rep thing.
Edited by Lohfal on 11/6/2012 7:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Kaìtlynn
I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

16 motes a day from the farm. But with dailys etc I am pretty much resigned to having a dps spec all expansion. Note this is something i have almost never done, I normally go holy/pvp holy or holy/prot.

11/06/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Jamalia
Drops of this type should NOT be on rng. There is no reason some players should lack something so important due to rng, which can be a COLD mistress.

Again the farm is a rng free source and they are not important, they earn gold, they save gold but their are many many ways to get gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]