Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

Hey im all for keeping them account bound thus making you still able to gain gold from being a crafter... BUT this way your not wasting any.

Also making healing classes who have like no dps gear easier for them to collect by using a alt.

Account bound best option in my opinion, Don't know how else people feel.

(Being able to sell them would be pointless because you can already make money from them.)
Reply Quote
88 Gnome Death Knight
I don't undeadstand the complaint about it being soulbound, most people I see here are talking about having to roll on them in dungeons, but you can get crap loads by walking through pandaland for 30 mins killing things...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mists for crafters is a terrible mess. I play wow for raiding, questing, as well as crafting. I have nine toons leveled to 85 + and all crafts maxed across these toon. The motes of harmony as a bop is a terrible idea as I would now have to grind out on mobs or grind rep on these toons for Tillers after I level them all to 90. I consider that just a waste of time. Its bad enough that Mists has become a rep grind. I remember when they wanted to stop the rep grind by adding tabards because they realized how mind numbing it was in BC? I guess they forgot, because now its back on steroids.
I think rep grinding for dailies, recipes, and motes is poor game design which lacks imagination and I think that the crafting was poorly executed. I have to grind out for motes that I cant send to my alts? Its bad enough that the gear recipes for epics require a grind rep, but now I have to level all toons, and grind rep and mats on all of them? No thank you.
And I know, I know, there will be the reply" we want to get you out and playing the game! or just pick one craft!" I will be damned if I am going to repeat doing those dailies on any of my toons after I do them once on my main just for some crafting recipes and motes. I have been playing since Vanilla and I have never seen an expansion based to heavily on doing Dailies. Of course its obvious as to why Blizz did it too, its to keep more people playing as they trickle out content in hopes to shore up its subscription numbers.
"Oh we might make motes BOA!!! Wait and see! Keep playing and collecting them!" Ridiculous. As there are grinds in most MMOs I have played such as Rift, Star Wars, FF11, it was NEVER so suffocating as it is now. Mists has turned out to be garbage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm seriously trying to understand the correlation of spec & profession.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
As there are grinds in most MMOs I have played such as Rift, Star Wars, FF11, it was NEVER so suffocating as it is now.

I will never complain about grinding something for a profession after playing FFXI and doing the crafting in that game. Getting a max level profession in WoW is like passing preschool in comparison to FFXI's crafting where you needed a doctorate.

I think that's part of the problem with WoW's crafting is that making it challenging means factors that have nothing to do with crafting being the primary focus of crafting. Why is something that's a random loot BoP item the only real way to use high level crafting? This is also part of the reason that having a crafting profession is just like adding in another stat stick with only a big gold investment.

WTB Involving Crafting system that focuses on crafting and crafting alone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pfffff. Awesome crafted gear in this expansion that will take months to get??? LFR is going to be much faster than getting mats for any epics. For example, if you look at the pole arm that scribes can make you have to craft it in to parts. The first part is a Blue item that is later up graded to a BOA epic pole arm. How many motes does it require? How many scrolls of Wisdom does it require? How many days does it take to get those scrolls of Wisdom? 20. 20 days to make enough just for some of the mats for the pole arm. Almost a month. Yeah, that's FUN. Maybe I will feel a sense of accomplishment as I wait for almost a month for an epic? Or maybe it will really seem as if the crafting in this game is pretty much Blizz just milking game time out of us for something that's a time sink.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Lokron
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

...Be realistic please.

Nobody is going to be awestruck because someone /inspects someone and sees that they are wearing crafted items that cost Spirits of Harmony.

Just about every crafter out there would rather be able to sell their items that they can obtain at a reasonable rate than be forced to farm out - on that specific character mind you - a handful more of Motes of Harmony so that they have enough for that item. The true value of Motes/Spirits at level 90 is next to nothing because anyone who does the Tillers dailies for a couple days will be able to, literally, farm them. Any smart person does vegetable growing on non-90's, and leaves their 90's to farm up Spirits.

They aren't valuable. They aren't amazing. They aren't interesting. They're an annoying blockade that makes leveling professions, and crafting actual items you intend on using, unfun. I'm a bit tired of dumping excess resources to level professions on alts since I don't have a Spirit of Harmony to buy that one recipe, or to make that mediocre item.

Look, at the very LEAST, make them BoA. Chaos Orbs were an atrocious mistake, and these are arguably worse than they were. I'm sick of having characters with tons of Spirits I'll never use, and others desperately clinging on to every mote they get.

Spirits of Harmony alone ruined my outlook on professions for this expansion. I'm hoping you guys learn your lesson and change them soon - and PLEASE don't make the same mistake going forward.

As a crafter I am very happy with this barrier to entry.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Superhero
90 Human Monk
Shield of Azeroth

WTB Involving Crafting system that focuses on crafting and crafting alone.

This I like.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

I dont think thats the issue its just that skinners and miners are basically useless considering the leather and such is worth nothing due to BoP spirits. Its not only a boring and bad way to handle crafting, its horrible for the server economy.
Reply Quote
93 Troll Mage
11/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Felu
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?
but only after their usefulness has gone lol if they follow that same pattern
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I'd at least like to see them become BoA. I am working on or already have all of the crafting and gathering professions among my characters, but I'd love to be able to send them from my JC to my BS, since my JC doesn't really have any use for them, and my BS certainly does.
Reply Quote

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

Actually it is more like the following:

Making them BoP is a good way of slowing down the availability of crafted epics because we want to drag out content as long a possible so we may actually get the next content patch out before the majority of the player base is finished with the current patch. The level of inconvenience to the player base to get to the content they want to is irrelevant. Hence why we also removed Have Group Will Travel and the enhanced travel speed while dead and flying while dead so you have to spirit res if you get screwed where you die.

you hit it right on the head my friend
Reply Quote
99 Night Elf Druid
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

That rationale simply doesn't match reality.

I selected my professions 3-7 years ago, depending on the age of the character. If I was interested in making my paladin my main for MoP, I would've been massively punished based on a decision made years ago with no possible foreknowledge of the consequences of BoP SoH, either from the economic inefficiency of a skinner/miner's options or being forced to regrind new professions to 525 before "breaking even."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself

Thank you for responding to this post. It is nice to see a blue reply to threads. Now comes the arguement. We havent had an item that impresses people with our crafting since specializations in BC. Bring back one nice item that is BOP, hard to make, reasonably stated, with no game changing proc, and upgradeable. Then we can impress people with our professions. barring that, at least let us learn the old smithing and LW plans again. Sad that tailors got to keep their plans plus they became BOE while we lost ours.
Reply Quote
"Just grow them on your farm" is one of the most idiotic things I've seen, next to "if you don't want to do dailies, don't".

If I use my farm to grow songbells every day, I'm not growing vegetables. If I'm not growing vegetables, I'll never max my cooking.

Then factor in the varying value that SoH has to different professions, and it's just stupid. If each profession got the same value out of them, then it would be fine. Instead, scribes get to use 5 SoH and unreasonable amounts of ink to make ONE extra scroll that does not include a discovery, while BS/LW/Tailors get to make armor that sells for 12k+, alchemists get to use 3 spirit and half as much trillium for no-CD living steel. Tailors get 3 spirit/half windwool bolt/no-CD imperial silk. JCers get to use 3 spirits to avoid wasting 900 gold worth of gems, plus get 2-3 random (usually worthless, but still) cut gems and learn a new cut while bypassing the daily CD. Gatherers can trade for pretty much useless crafting mats. 1 SoH for 20 spirit dust? When I could just buy a stack of spirit dust for 50g? 1 SoH for 3 golden lotus, when the value of GL drops exponentially every day, and as more gatherers end up with SoH, it just gets worse.

Normalize the usage and potential benefit of spirits, and it suddenly becomes much less stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I use Alts for my cooking farming.

Sure they only have 4 plots each but I've got a couple of them going right now and all the vegies they grow get sent right to my main for his cooking.

Meanwhile my Main plants Songbells and a few of the other Mat growing herbs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/06/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Jamalia
Drops of this type should NOT be on rng. There is no reason some players should lack something so important due to rng, which can be a COLD mistress.

Law of large numbers. With the number of mobs that a typical player kills, the effect of randomness on the acquisition of motes is essentially nil.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/06/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Redlukey
If I use my farm to grow songbells every day, I'm not growing vegetables. If I'm not growing vegetables, I'll never max my cooking.

If only there were some way spirits of harmony could be converted to vegetables. I guess you'd have to find some way to use the spirits of harmony to make valuable items that people would want to buy. And then there would have to be some way for you to take the gold they give you and trade them to other players for vegetables.

But that's crazy talk.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Keeblik

If only there were some way spirits of harmony could be converted to vegetables. I guess you'd have to find some way to use the spirits of harmony to make valuable items that people would want to buy. And then there would have to be some way for you to take the gold they give you and trade them to other players for vegetables.

But that's crazy talk.

Converting SoH to Ironpaw tokens is a loss. Converting to GL and selling it is going to get a fraction of the vegetables you could grow with those 16 plots. Assuming you've found the time to grind out to exalted with the Tillers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

BOA would be nice, one day soon, please. :) I'm fine with my farming staying mine, but it'd be nice to shuffle motes/spirits around my 85s/90s eventually.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]