Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

90 Dwarf Shaman
Really wish they would become boa. Have needs of quite a few on my blacksmith and leatherworker at the moment, have about 70 spirits spread across 8 toons, unfortunately not doing my crafters much good.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/06/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Redlukey
If I use my farm to grow songbells every day, I'm not growing vegetables. If I'm not growing vegetables, I'll never max my cooking

You could try buying vegetables off the AH. Or use alts for cooking mats and grow motes with your crafter. I have 4 alts feeding me cooking mats. Ill be done in a few days and start piling up the food for easy leveling of an alt.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

Not to derail slightly, but it really surprised me that even a blue calls something non-soulbound as "BoE". Small pet peeve of mind when people are like "THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS BOE!" when they mean to make something not soulbound (BoE = Bind on Equip which means Armor/Weapons only. Non equippable items CANNOT be BoE. They can be BoU[se], but in this case, it'd be nothing)
Edited by Pewpewblast on 11/6/2012 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/06/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Redlukey
Converting SoH to Ironpaw tokens is a loss. Converting to GL and selling it is going to get a fraction of the vegetables you could grow with those 16 plots. Assuming you've found the time to grind out to exalted with the Tillers.

On the Icecrown Horde auction houses, three golden lotus will sell for around 500g. That's 50g per plot of soil. Most vegetables are selling for less than 10g each, though for many the savings aren't significant enough to be worth the extra steps.

But mostly I'm talking about leatherworkers and blacksmiths, who can get significantly more for a spirit of harmony by making gear out of it than they would be able to by converting it to golden lotus. If you're not a leatherworker or blacksmith, it's not really clear what you're complaining about. You have two similarly-valued uses of your farm: Spirits of Harmony and vegetables, so it doesn't really matter what you grow.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/06/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
Not to derail slightly, but it really surprised me that even a blue calls something non-soulbound as "BoE". Small pet peeve of mind when people are like "THEY SHOULD MAKE THIS BOE!" when they mean to make something not soulbound (BoE = Bind on Equip which means Armor/Weapons only. Non equippable items CANNOT be BoE. They can be BoU[se], but in this case, it'd be nothing)

It grates on me a bit, too, but the basic problem is that there's on commonly used term to describe an item which simply doesn't bind. I usually say "tradeable," but that's not common.

Also, technically "BoE" and "BoP" should be "BwE" and "BwP" or "BwPU."
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You go Blizzard! As a crafter who put hard work and time into my professions, I'm glad that I'll be able to reap the benefits and actually profit from being a crafter.
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Keeblik
Converting SoH to Ironpaw tokens is a loss. Converting to GL and selling it is going to get a fraction of the vegetables you could grow with those 16 plots. Assuming you've found the time to grind out to exalted with the Tillers.

On the Icecrown Horde auction houses, three golden lotus will sell for around 500g. That's 50g per plot of soil. Most vegetables are selling for less than 10g each, though for many the savings aren't significant enough to be worth the extra steps.

But mostly I'm talking about leatherworkers and blacksmiths, who can get significantly more for a spirit of harmony by making gear out of it than they would be able to by converting it to golden lotus. If you're not a leatherworker or blacksmith, it's not really clear what you're complaining about. You have two similarly-valued uses of your farm: Spirits of Harmony and vegetables, so it doesn't really matter what you grow.

And that is the #1 problem with SoH. There are certain professions that they are vastly more profitable to.

As an alchemist/scribe, it would be a complete waste to grow SoH over vegetables.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
11/06/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Phanniel
Just annoying is all i mean i have a herb / mining toon which means Harmony is pointless seems a waste is all.

They're not pointless. I'm enchanting/herbalism and I use mine to buy Ironpaw Tokens for cooking, or Golden Lotus for flasks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Kaìtlynn
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

Since motes are not rolled on I (as a healer) NEVER get them from dungeons bc the dps always picks them up first.

Actually, I got three in the dungeon I did today. And I'm always the last to loot, as I wait for everyone else so I can snag my extra cloth at the same time. And I do dungeons as Disc heals, as I just realized I'm still in my questing spec...
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Paladin
11/06/2012 08:16 PMPosted by Taggthemage

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?
but only after their usefulness has gone lol if they follow that same pattern

spirits can be used by crafting profs to make things like Living Steel, Imperial Silk, leg armors, DMF cards not related to the gear they made in the first tier, those items will be relevant for the entire xpac
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
This is the one thing that has decreased my enjoyment of Mist. The land is beautiful, the stories great, I've enjoyed the questing, even the dailies. The choice of how to gear up and spend your time has been wonderful.

The professions are a major part of my enjoyment of the game. I love making things for my family of alts, friends and guildies. My main (herbalist, alchemist) has a couple of stacks of SoH and while I can turn them in for golden lotuses I REALLY want to be able to give them to my professional alts to make mounts, pets and other goodies.

I'm levelling those alts, they're seeing the world but I'd like to do it in the order that's the most fun for me, not in order of the profession that I want the most. They struggle along to get SoH, getting them very slowly, while I gather more on higher level mobs while I'm doing my dailies and farm 16 motes every day on my farm.

Please make them BoA. It'll make a lot of crafters very happy and give them a lot more fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Lokron
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

...Be realistic please.

Nobody is going to be awestruck because someone /inspects someone and sees that they are wearing crafted items that cost Spirits of Harmony.

Just about every crafter out there would rather be able to sell their items that they can obtain at a reasonable rate than be forced to farm out - on that specific character mind you - a handful more of Motes of Harmony so that they have enough for that item. The true value of Motes/Spirits at level 90 is next to nothing because anyone who does the Tillers dailies for a couple days will be able to, literally, farm them. Any smart person does vegetable growing on non-90's, and leaves their 90's to farm up Spirits.

They aren't valuable. They aren't amazing. They aren't interesting. They're an annoying blockade that makes leveling professions, and crafting actual items you intend on using, unfun. I'm a bit tired of dumping excess resources to level professions on alts since I don't have a Spirit of Harmony to buy that one recipe, or to make that mediocre item.

Look, at the very LEAST, make them BoA. Chaos Orbs were an atrocious mistake, and these are arguably worse than they were. I'm sick of having characters with tons of Spirits I'll never use, and others desperately clinging on to every mote they get.

Spirits of Harmony alone ruined my outlook on professions for this expansion. I'm hoping you guys learn your lesson and change them soon - and PLEASE don't make the same mistake going forward.

I totally and completely agree with you... Though i choked on my drink when i read the second paragraph.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Felu

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?
Indeed ... the crafting orbs have always transitioned from BoP to BoE ... why would they make do things differently in MoP?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

My issue with this philosophy is, as has been mentioned by others, the fact that the BoP status forces a player into playing a particular toon over others. BoA would solve that issue.

To support my belief that this is an issue, rather than simply a fact of life, is the fact that a number of other changes have been made in this xpac with the specific stated intention of removing the "incentives" or "requirements" to play a particular toon over any others. The two that I can immediately bring to mind are the expanding of Mounts to be account wide, and the expanding of achievements to be account wide. Both of these changes were announced with a very welcome message that people shouldn't feel forced to play one character over another just because this one is the one that is 1 achievement away from a certain meta, or because this is the character I'm almost at my mount achievement with etc. However the Motes of Harmony work directly against this philosophy. My DK is a BS, and yet my Druid is the character I'd prefer to instance with, because I love healing. Any Motes I gain while I heal I cannot use for my BS, so it would be far more sensible for me to attempt to tank or DPS with my DK.... This seems to work directly against the philosophy of "play the toon that is most fun" as stated.

Also, in comparison with Primal Nethers, Frozen Orbs and Chaos Orbs are rather fallacious: In the appropriate expansion, when those were BoP you could farm Heroics and be guaranteed a drop off the final boss, meaning a Healer could heal a few instances with friends and get the mats they needed to craft whatever they needed to craft, and consequently the time you are 'forced' to play on a single toon is limited and you maximise the Orb/Primal gain/time. This is not possible under this system as you have to spend a lot of time killing a number of different things in order to gain the mats.

TL;DR: If "Play the toon that is most fun" is the true philosophy that this xpac is being built on, please seriously (re)consider making Motes of Harmony BoA, and sooner than later.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Warlock
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin

Everything stated about the spirits of harmony stated that a patch in the future would make SoH, as a minimum, BoA.

If something that should have been done at release winds up not happening at all I'll be rather disappointed given how critical they are to levelling crafting, and how impossible to find they are in the world as it is (almost 2 months of playing, levelling and dailies both, and I've managed to get 10 spirits total).
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/07/2012 12:08 AMPosted by Bomdanil

Everything stated about the spirits of harmony stated that a patch in the future would make SoH, as a minimum, BoA.

If something that should have been done at release winds up not happening at all I'll be rather disappointed given how critical they are to levelling crafting, and how impossible to find they are in the world as it is (almost 2 months of playing, levelling and dailies both, and I've managed to get 10 spirits total).

as I recall the official statement on them was that they would consider making them BoA if they felt it was necessary. They never promised that they would do so
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
TL;DR: If "Play the toon that is most fun" is the true philosophy that this xpac is being built on, please seriously (re)consider making Motes of Harmony BoA, and sooner than later.

If crafting is so fun, let your main craft rather than your alt. Or place the professions you find most fun on the character you find the most fun.

I hope they hold off on BOA for a long long time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]