Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

90 Human Paladin

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

Actually it is more like the following:

Making them BoP is a good way of slowing down the availability of crafted epics because we want to drag out content as long a possible so we may actually get the next content patch out before the majority of the player base is finished with the current patch. The level of inconvenience to the player base to get to the content they want to is irrelevant. Hence why we also removed Have Group Will Travel and the enhanced travel speed while dead and flying while dead so you have to spirit res if you get screwed where you die.

This statement is about as ridiculous and redundant as you can get since this craft item Has been BoP in EVERY expansion to date at the start. It has nothing to do with making the content last.

All you people whining about it, most likely are just too lazy to farm them and want easy access to them via the AH. To frign bad. Suck it up buttercup and farm them like everyone else.

For the guy about tillers. If you don't do the dailies which most of these lazy people wont do, they wont have access to the songbells to plant. Again this has nothing to do with drop rates or RNG, it's all about wanting to expend NO effort other than buying them off the AH when they need them. ATM Spirits ARE worth quite a bit, no matter how delusional you are to insist otherwise. They will remain to be worth quite a bit until they are made BoA/Unbound.

This silly rant about SoH/MoH is exactly that,SILLY. There is no reason for it other than laziness.

Just running around killing mobs for regular quests yesterday, I got enough motes to make 5 SoH on my Warrior, he's 87. I can only imagine that you have no luck, because this has been my luck on ALL toons I have leveled so far. I usually have 10+ by the time I hit 90. I got 70+ motes just from doing My GL/Klaxxi dailies.

There is no reason for motes/Spirits to be BoA/Unbound. Frankly I hope Blizz never makes them Boa/unbound just to spite all the QQ'rs.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Hint: this thread ISN'T about BOP purples, it's about making Spirits BOA so that other toons on the same account can use them to make BOP purples!There, now care to argue against THAT issue?

You're not supposed to have all eleven professions. You're supposed to use your two professions to make things to sell to buy the things you need from the other nine. That's why there's a two-per-character limit. Leveling to 80 being as easy as it is nowadays, allowing you to park a level-80 alt in Stormwind or Orgrimmar and ship the mats for epics to it essentially moots that limitation.

11/07/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Ganashal
My issue with this philosophy is, as has been mentioned by others, the fact that the BoP status forces a player into playing a particular toon over others.

No, it doesn't. You can play any character you want to, and you can use the spirits you gather on that character for whatever his two professions use them for, or to buy trade mats if your profession doesn't use them for anything more valuable. You just can't use that character to farm spirits for your all your other characters.

11/07/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Ganashal
To support my belief that this is an issue, rather than simply a fact of life, is the fact that a number of other changes have been made in this xpac with the specific stated intention of removing the "incentives" or "requirements" to play a particular toon over any others.

Those changes are all cosmetic, and don't break the game in the way that allowing players to opt out of the economy would.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/06/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Redlukey

On the Icecrown Horde auction houses, three golden lotus will sell for around 500g. That's 50g per plot of soil. Most vegetables are selling for less than 10g each, though for many the savings aren't significant enough to be worth the extra steps.

But mostly I'm talking about leatherworkers and blacksmiths, who can get significantly more for a spirit of harmony by making gear out of it than they would be able to by converting it to golden lotus. If you're not a leatherworker or blacksmith, it's not really clear what you're complaining about. You have two similarly-valued uses of your farm: Spirits of Harmony and vegetables, so it doesn't really matter what you grow.

And that is the #1 problem with SoH. There are certain professions that they are vastly more profitable to.

As an alchemist/scribe, it would be a complete waste to grow SoH over vegetables.

Actually this is untrue. I have an herb/Alchemist. Do you know how many GL I've actually found out in the world???? 3 and I'm level 90. Exchanging SoH for GL is very much worth it for an alchemist. Inscriptionists on the other hand, I'm not sure buying GL would be better than buying actual herb pouch.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

Good way to suck rocks because my crafter is sitting in SW because I play with friends and am leveling my herbaliset skinner at the moment. Yah I'll probably get to craft some stuff after it becomes obsolete.... :(
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
11/07/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Keeblik
You're not supposed to have all eleven professions. You're supposed to use your two professions to make things to sell to buy the things you need from the other nine. That's why there's a two-per-character limit. Leveling to 80 being as easy as it is nowadays, allowing you to park a level-80 alt in Stormwind or Orgrimmar and ship the mats for epics to it essentially moots that limitation.

Well SORRY.... Nobody ever told me that! It isn't in the rule book. And I set up most of my 20 toons so that they are either dual gatherers or dual crafters. So now what am I supposed to do, cancel both my subs?
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
11/07/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Eliarana
There is no reason for motes/Spirits to be BoA/Unbound. Frankly I hope Blizz never makes them Boa/unbound just to spite all the QQ'rs.

Thanks, jerk! You pay my $30 a month then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

My issue with this philosophy is, as has been mentioned by others, the fact that the BoP status forces a player into playing a particular toon over others. BoA would solve that issue.

To support my belief that this is an issue, rather than simply a fact of life, is the fact that a number of other changes have been made in this xpac with the specific stated intention of removing the "incentives" or "requirements" to play a particular toon over any others. The two that I can immediately bring to mind are the expanding of Mounts to be account wide, and the expanding of achievements to be account wide. Both of these changes were announced with a very welcome message that people shouldn't feel forced to play one character over another just because this one is the one that is 1 achievement away from a certain meta, or because this is the character I'm almost at my mount achievement with etc. However the Motes of Harmony work directly against this philosophy. My DK is a BS, and yet my Druid is the character I'd prefer to instance with, because I love healing. Any Motes I gain while I heal I cannot use for my BS, so it would be far more sensible for me to attempt to tank or DPS with my DK.... This seems to work directly against the philosophy of "play the toon that is most fun" as stated.

Also, in comparison with Primal Nethers, Frozen Orbs and Chaos Orbs are rather fallacious: In the appropriate expansion, when those were BoP you could farm Heroics and be guaranteed a drop off the final boss, meaning a Healer could heal a few instances with friends and get the mats they needed to craft whatever they needed to craft, and consequently the time you are 'forced' to play on a single toon is limited and you maximise the Orb/Primal gain/time. This is not possible under this system as you have to spend a lot of time killing a number of different things in order to gain the mats.

TL;DR: If "Play the toon that is most fun" is the true philosophy that this xpac is being built on, please seriously (re)consider making Motes of Harmony BoA, and sooner than later.

The difference was you could only get Primal Nethers from Heroics and they had a lockout daily. You were guaranteed a drop but you were not guaranteed a win on the roll. Here's the biggest difference of all between PN,FO,CO, and MoH. MoH can be farmed by ANYONE outside an instance for the first time. No more worrying about losing the roll and other nonsense. I've gotten more SoH since launch than I ever did Chaos Orbs in Cata, in the same amount of time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Good way to suck rocks because my crafter is sitting in SW because I play with friends and am leveling my herbaliset skinner at the moment. Yah I'll probably get to craft some stuff after it becomes obsolete.... :(

Sounds like a choice you are making though Mags. You can't fault blizzard because you choose to level professions that don't need SoH.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
11/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Felu

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?

Don't care if it is tradable, I just want to be able to craft something on my crafters before the expansioin is over! My gatherers have no use for them whatsoever. I just want them to be BOA. I would like to be able to make SOME money this exp and not continue to have to do crap like DE the 30 rings I tried to sell and nobody would buy.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

Sounds like a choice you are making though Mags. You can't fault blizzard because you choose to level professions that don't need SoH.

The professions were already there and already leveled when MOP hit. So I should delete my toons or relevel their profs from scratch? That is an idiotic idea
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/07/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Magnata

Thanks, jerk! You pay my $30 a month then.

Nah Pay your own damn fee, and stop asking for blizzard to tailor the game specifically for you, I'm so sick of this crap. I'm under no obligation to curb the way I feel just because some whiney brat can't decide what toon/profs he wants to level. I'm also under no obligation to be nice when it doesn't call for it. You people need a crash course on the harsh reality of you don't get anything for free, effort must be put forth.

All the Daily,SoH,and other threads are all about putting things back the way they were at the end of Cata. NO FKN THANK YOU! The end of cata was a train wreck. I'm sorry you have to put in some effort, Blizzard didn't make you go out and level 20+ toons to max. You did it on your own. I have 13 85+ toons and fully half of them are 87+ now with 2 @ 90. I see no problem with playing alts and leveling their profs with the way things are now.

I know I know, I'm a jerk, deal with it, and while your at it, remember what an MMO-RPG is about. It sure as hell isn't about welfare anything but I see a lot of people wanting handouts and easy stuff without effort.

I'm Sorry, I tried to be nice in the daily threads, I tried to be nice in other threads as well. This damn thread has to be the worst by far, And I'm done being the nice guy. You don't want to put in the effort, gtfo, simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The professions were already there and already leveled when MOP hit. So I should delete my toons or relevel their profs from scratch? That is an idiotic idea

Or Maybe level a toon that had a profession that could use them first??? Again this is not a blizzard design fail. It's a Magnata poor choice fail. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

Since motes are not rolled on I (as a healer) NEVER get them from dungeons bc the dps always picks them up first.

You are wrong. Motes are part of "your" loot in the dungeon. This means that every fifth mob that is killed is yours to loot. No one else can loot your motes unless you open the corpse and leave them there. Also, you can make up to 16 motes a day once you are revered with Tillers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
You're not supposed to have all eleven professions

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7379/master-of-all

This says you are wrong.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
You are so full of it that I'm not even going to respond lest I get personal.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

Or Maybe level a toon that had a profession that could use them first??? Again this is not a blizzard design fail. It's a Magnata poor choice fail. Simple as that.

Look jerk... This is an MMO, and the only reason I play it is to be with my virtual friends. The toons I level are the toons that match and compliment their toons. If it were not for them I wouuld have left in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Hatsune
TL;DR: If "Play the toon that is most fun" is the true philosophy that this xpac is being built on, please seriously (re)consider making Motes of Harmony BoA, and sooner than later.

If crafting is so fun, let your main craft rather than your alt. Or place the professions you find most fun on the character you find the most fun.

I hope they hold off on BOA for a long long time.

You have completely missed my point, I suspect because you read the condensed version (and maybe missed some words) rather than my full post: The crafting isn't the fun part. That's my point. One toon is fun, and has profession A. One toon is less fun and has Profession B. If I want to craft from Profession B I have to play the less fun toon to get the Spirits. And when I've had LW on this toon since launch, I'm not going to drop it for a single xpac and level up another, only to change with the prevailing wind later.

11/07/2012 01:58 AMPosted by Eliarana
The difference was you could only get Primal Nethers from Heroics and they had a lockout daily. You were guaranteed a drop but you were not guaranteed a win on the roll. Here's the biggest difference of all between PN,FO,CO, and MoH. MoH can be farmed by ANYONE outside an instance for the first time. No more worrying about losing the roll and other nonsense. I've gotten more SoH since launch than I ever did Chaos Orbs in Cata, in the same amount of time.

This part is true, and I agree that it is great. But it takes control out of your hands. Those times I could play my healer for 5 instances (or however many) in a day, then spend the rest of my time soloing on another character. Now I have to spend the whole time on the character I'm going to craft on (and if that is my healer then I have to farm with my healer, which I don't particularly enjoy either). Why make crafting dictate which toon I must farm on? It never has before. And no, I don't give a damn about going back to the end of Cata, and I don't want to get 30 SoH in my mail every day. I'm perfectly happy to farm them up myself, just I'd like to do it on the toon of my choosing, then mail it to another of MY toons. Not AH it, BoA it.

One example to give of what annoyed me is that I was levelling my DK's BS (he's still 85) and see a really nice BoE 2h Axe that he can make. But it needs 2 SoH. Now, I have 3 atm on my Druid, but he can't send them to the DK. I am not giving my DK an unfair advantage by crafting it so early because the Axe is BoE and I could find a guildie to make me one or buy one off the AH. So if I can get the mats, and I can make the thing, why make me pay for it instead of letting me send the mats within my account?
Edited by Ganashal on 11/7/2012 2:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Those changes are all cosmetic, and don't break the game in the way that allowing players to opt out of the economy would.

There is literally nothing game breaking about a player being self-reliant.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
11/07/2012 02:33 AMPosted by Sherri
You're not supposed to have all eleven professions

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7379/master-of-all

This says you are wrong.

Got that, just not all on the same account... My JC is on my other account and my BS and enchanter is on this account.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 02:47 AMPosted by Bomdanil

There is literally nothing game breaking about a player being self-reliant.

Not to mention that, when we are referring to a mat that cannot be sold or traded, and my request would still prevent it from being sold or traded, it would hardly allow anyone to "opt out of an economy".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]