Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

90 Human Paladin
11/07/2012 03:48 AMPosted by Bomdanil
Wrath did not.

Wrath most certainly did..... Frost orbs
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/07/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Bomdanil
TRY reading the damn post which you obviously didn't since GOLD was never mentioned.

Mkay;

The other crafting materials are so easy to obtain that you would see the market flooded with items made from them, thus making them worthless.

I realise you think I'm functionally illiterate, but when people refer to the worth of an item in relation to what they can be sold for due to "flooding the market" that typically says "They're talking about gold" to me.

Ok and show me one post in here that mentions crafting with them and doesn't mention making money from it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You have completely missed my point, I suspect because you read the condensed version (and maybe missed some words) rather than my full post: The crafting isn't the fun part. That's my point. One toon is fun, and has profession A. One toon is less fun and has Profession B. If I want to craft from Profession B I have to play the less fun toon to get the Spirits. And when I've had LW on this toon since launch, I'm not going to drop it for a single xpac and level up another, only to change with the prevailing wind later.

The clear solution is to have the fun toon (ie. "Main") with the crafting profession if you want to use the spirits for crafting. If you want to have gathering professions on your fun toon, then you have to use spirits for lotus.

If you want your alts to be able to craft without going out and finding their own spirits then that's not going to happen. If you're not willing to drop and switch your profs, then you're going to have to accept that you won't be spirit crafting since you have no crafting professions on your main.

Any attempt to promote an alt-crafting playstyle is unlikely to see much favor from Blizzard given their current stand. It is also not going to get any approval from me. I have my fun professions on my fun main. I am also very happy with the barriers to entry that protects mains with crafting professions. This is the sort of playstyle Blizzard is encouraging for MOP.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
11/07/2012 03:37 AMPosted by Eliarana
Yep I knew it. You want Cata Back. and will disagree with anyone except the same people asking for it.

It depends on what elements of the game you're referring to. Most of what I'd like to see reverted or changed would be functions of the game that pre-date Cataclysm. For rep I'd like a return to the BC system since dailies granted more rep and dungeons could be farmed for it.

I'd like the pre-Cataclysm talent trees back as well.

Dungeons were great at launch and in 4.1. I wouldn't mind seeing heroics go back to that design to be sure.

Mists continued with the pre-4.3 raid philosophy in design (fights with mechanics! <3), and even improved on it with having a starter raid that builds into the "real tier" of HoF and Terrace. It also made mounts and pets much nicer to handle for collectors which I think is fantastic (even if they did go back and add a bunch of unnecessary restrictions to the mounts feature).

Pet battles are a thing and I love them.

TL;DR:
In every expansion Blizzard improves some things, makes others worse, or does something off the wall crazy with elements that were working just fine as is for years. Mists just has a lot more "WTF o.0" things in it than expansions in the past did.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
How is this not totally apparent to you. Activision "gates" their content so your subscription is continued at the pace they want. If you've played long enough you can see that.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
11/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Felu
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

Please, PLEASE do not make them BoE. I can't get anything on the ah to sell above 100g as it is, give or take a Sha Crystal.

Please dont destroy the value of the Harmonies.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
11/07/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Eliarana

Were BoE on release. They were never bind on pick-up.

11/07/2012 03:56 AMPosted by Eliarana
Ok and show me one post in here that mentions crafting with them and doesn't mention making money from it.

I didn't mention specifically crafting with SoH, but my response to the Goblin fellow concerned self-reliance, rather than producing gold. There is also another element I could discuss, though it could arguably fall into the economic element you believe to be the only reason why people want these to be BoA.

Being who I am in guild, the only scribe in a guild with 150+ people, I have a lot of requests for things like the off-hands (26 spirits of harmony per off-hand, or 5 1 day cooldowns). Being able to send any motes/spirits I get on alts while levelling would go a long way towards making it so I don't have to keep telling them "in a few days, I have X number of people ahead of you". It would also make it so that I can actually play said alts, rather than be stuck on my main (who I do get bored of occasionally) grinding out SoH in the numerous AoE farm spots that exist in the quest hub areas.
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warlock
11/07/2012 04:02 AMPosted by Hatsune
It is also not going to get any approval from me.

I don't think anyone particularly cares if they have your approval. Fortunately Blizzard has already stated that it's a matter of time, not a matter of them being permanently BoP. I just hope they go BoA in the second content patch rather than the one last.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/07/2012 04:16 AMPosted by Bomdanil

I didn't mention specifically crafting with SoH, but my response to the Goblin fellow concerned self-reliance, rather than producing gold. There is also another element I could discuss, though it could arguably fall into the economic element you believe to be the only reason why people want these to be BoA.

Being who I am in guild, the only scribe in a guild with 150+ people, I have a lot of requests for things like the off-hands (26 spirits of harmony per off-hand, or 5 1 day cooldowns). Being able to send any motes/spirits I get on alts while levelling would go a long way towards making it so I don't have to keep telling them "in a few days, I have X number of people ahead of you". It would also make it so that I can actually play said alts, rather than be stuck on my main (who I do get bored of occasionally) grinding out SoH in the numerous AoE farm spots that exist in the quest hub areas.

To be fair, Blizzard wants there to be an element of scarcity to this. Being able to pool spirits across alts would allow more production than they are comfortable with.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
11/07/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Bomdanil
It is also not going to get any approval from me.

I don't think anyone particularly cares if they have your approval. Fortunately Blizzard has already stated that it's a matter of time, not a matter of them being permanently BoP. I just hope they go BoA in the second content patch rather than the one last.

Me too... I'd like to be able to make something I can use before it is obsolete because I sure the heck can't afford to buy anything. I DE jewelry because it won't even sell for vendor price (maybe there wouldn't be so much if you didn't have to crank out 30 to make one worth keeping). Costs about 800 to make a meta gem that is selling for 400 Now my JC meta gem recipes are random drops, who knows where my BS recipies are cause mine didn't learn anything of any use to anyone beyond lvl 85...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/07/2012 04:16 AMPosted by Bomdanil

While I can agree that you may have one reason for wanting these, the majority of this and every other thread complaining about SoH being BoP is because they can't make money with their professions alts. So for the Majority, it is simply for economic reasons.

While I agree with them being BoP now, I also agree that they should become BoA at some point, I just think 5 weeks into the expansion is a bit ridiculous, don't you???
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Me too... I'd like to be able to make something I can use before it is obsolete because I sure the heck can't afford to buy anything. I DE jewelry because it won't even sell for vendor price (maybe there wouldn't be so much if you didn't have to crank out 30 to make one worth keeping). Costs about 800 to make a meta gem that is selling for 400 Now my JC meta gem recipes are random drops, who knows where my BS recipies are cause mine didn't learn anything of any use to anyone beyond lvl 85...

Those are in Greenstone village :P

And the rest are from Klaxxi I believe.
Edited by Eliarana on 11/7/2012 4:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

Actually my biggest issue is this.

Let's say my husband, a Blacksmith, can make a nice item that one or more of my (many) toons can use. It requires SoH.

I can't grind up all the mats, mail them to him and have him mail me back cool stuff. HE actually has to go farm up the Harmony for my use. And I just can't ask him to do that... it's unfair to him.

If not tradeable, there should at least be some sort of UI that allows the crafter to incorporate a customer's SoH into a crafted item.

This is the same reason I hated (and still hate) BoP high-end cloth. The only way I can provide cool stuff to a guildie who asks is just to have a pile of it at hand with no guarantee I'll ever use it. I ended up vendoring my extra Dreamcloth at the end of Cataclysm. Imperial Silk is a slightly better model, but I still dislike it.
Reply Quote
32 Troll Hunter
One problem with not having tradeable spirit of harmony,is being one of the major tradeskill (LW) for the guild. And it is sad for me to not be able to help my guild out. And mad because I am not going to farm 1000 Spirit of Harmony for the guild I do not play that much. But when I do play I like to play not FARM motes of Harmony or Faction for that matter!!!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Lets say they make them BOA so you can mail them to the toons you dont play. What will those toons do with them? Learn an extra JC cut? Make an extra imperial silk? Learn another glyph? Your crafters wont know any good plans since they havent been played to 87 to open your MOP city, and they wont be 90 to start getting rep from factions. The only profession that has a real complain is inscription since they never had bop mats before and they can certainly use a lot of spirits in this expac.

11/07/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Solitha
can't grind up all the mats, mail them to him and have him mail me back cool stuff. HE actually has to go farm up the Harmony for my use. And I just can't ask him to do that... it's unfair to him.

Or you could buy it off the AH. You arent the only two on your server. BOP spirits make you have to plan ahead and think what you are going to do with them. If you want your husband to make you something special, let him know so he can save for it and make it first.

11/07/2012 04:46 AMPosted by Solitha
I ended up vendoring my extra Dreamcloth at the end of Cataclysm.

Why didnt you make 24 slot bags and sell those? A lot more money there than vendoring the cloth.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Kaìtlynn

I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

Since motes are not rolled on I (as a healer) NEVER get them from dungeons bc the dps always picks them up first.

Personally, I find it easier to kill things as a prot paladin than as a ret paladin.

The ability to pull a dozen mobs and have no fear of dying just makes farming and kill x quests go so much faster.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
honestly this !@#$ again?
just like Frozen Orbs
Just like Chaos Orbs

they will likely be made BoE later on in the expansion.

They're more like Primals, Eternals, and Volatiles, except BoP and singular so that one isn't absolutely worthless and another one or two being hideously expensive in comparison.

Blood Spirits are looking to be what's more like Frozen, Runed, Crusader, or Chaos orbs, and lol, they're not bound.

I do imagine motes and spirits becoming BoA later on, but as it is there's no need, especially when you consider Blizzard specifically stating they want the army of alts who don't have to engage in the content to have use of it for crafting professions and such being slightly limited.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I got 11 spirit of harmonys for doing nothing but kill mobs for dailies and gearing up to raid in the month and week I've been 90. Seems ok to me. I traded them all in for 33 golden lotus and gave away to our guild flask master.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Im glad that when blizzard puts something that you must work hard for into the game, people complain.
QQ Guys,
keep spirits the way they are.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]