Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

there's really not any money to be made with gathering professions, except for trillium veins and golden lotuses, it really should be the other way around ideally. Although I enjoy camping the AH and making gold, going out and farming should realistically allow you to make more money, although I'd say it probably has 10% of the potential crafting professions do
Reply Quote
When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

There's a SoH trader in S7S. You can get a stack of something for one SoH. Sell it for gold.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Kaìtlynn

I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

Since motes are not rolled on I (as a healer) NEVER get them from dungeons bc the dps always picks them up first.

DPS do not get to 'pick them up first' in dungeons. They are random drops on mobs. If a mob is your loot and has a mote on it, that is your mote and only you can loot it.

11/06/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Jamalia
Drops of this type should NOT be on rng. There is no reason some players should lack something so important due to rng, which can be a COLD mistress.

They are not rng. You can work on your tillers rep and at exalted when you have 16 plots you can plant them and get 16 motes or 1.6 spirits of harmony for about 10mins worth of work/day. Thats a far better ratio than you get farming them by killing mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

Since motes are not rolled on I (as a healer) NEVER get them from dungeons bc the dps always picks them up first.

do your tiller dailies and grow them then
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage

Wow, really?? Now this poster(hybrid) is wanting special consideration w/motes?? It's your choice to on role heals only. You should NOT get special considerations w/these motes. Besides, don't the mobs, in dungeons, drop motes ,too?? I've gotten many from trash in regular, and heroic dungeons on my 90s.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Priest
11/07/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Eliarana
I'm Sorry, I tried to be nice in the daily threads
No, you are not sorry and as for trying to be nice .... ? I don't believe I have ever met someone as bitter as you.

I'm hoping they do make the spirits BoA. I don't think that would devalue the items make with them. Instead, people could farm for them however they wish (I have two accts so I can put my healy-type crafter alts on follow with a dps gatherer alt) and it would alleviate a lot of disappointment over the present state of affairs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin

How about Bind on Guild? Make them tradable between members of the same guild with high guild reputation to prevent guild-hopping for trades.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

I have to chime in on this one. You are sort of right, except the ilvl at least at this point is too low so we are not able to get much out of them. So will the ilvl of future craftables match the actual normal raid levels?
Reply Quote
91 Undead Mage
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself.

Then you use that BoP to make a BoA Inscribed Tiger Staff, so that makes total sense.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

the problem is new players do not know that some professions make more gold than others. so no there is not understanding

It's not hard to do research.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Here's the problem with that logic - I have Alchemy as a profession. Not a gathering profession, but there's nothing I can make for myself using SoH... there's no epic Alch trinket etc. There IS no crafted item I can sell... just flasks.

Sure, I can buy Golden Lotus with them and either just sell those or make flasks, but a) neither of those make me all that much money (about 150g per Lotus or flask, so 450g per SoH) and anyway, I don't need gold.

Hell, I'd be really happy if I could make one or two things like the trinkets I used to be able to make, even if they took several SoH and were BoP. Even better if I could make some things to sell, but eh. As it is, SoH are essentially valueless to me given my server's economy.
Edited by Clevmeleon on 11/7/2012 3:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

Yeah about the same time youll let JC craft epic jewelry to compete with epic gems when they come out. amirite?

I have jewelcrafting and I have little to no use for SoH in my profession. I really feel as though JC and Alch got the shaft as far as real options for crafting end game goes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
IMO making Spirit of Harmony (and BOP recipes) BOA would be ideal.

I currently have an 85 mage that has max inscription and has everything but the spirit of harmony to make the BOA staff for my main, and it is a tad frustrating knowing to complete the staff I have to go kills tonnes of mobs on a toon I do not really want to play, yet I have the right amount of spirit of harmony on that main.
Another Hunter I have has max Skinning and LW at 85, I had to grind lvl90 mobs to get one SOH to max LW but for me to make that Hunters professions useful I will need to level it to 90 AND grind rep on it to buy recipes to make my mains gear.

I don't mind being encouraged to level alts, but at the moment I am feeling the pressure of actually being forced to level a few to support my main.

On another server I have another Druid main... and he picked up the 463 BOA polearm from archaeology, and I am like OMG that is gonna be awesome to level my War/Paladin/Monk/DK with... that is encouraging me to play those alts.

So my vote is for BOA Spirit of Harmony. =D
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
wow guys. spend 5 days farming rep with tillers, 1.8 spirits/day = cash = buy the mats for diff proffessions and mail them to your alts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Just because something has always been done, doesn’t mean it’s the right thing to do when other change has occurred.

When Frozen Orbs and Chaos Orbs were relevant the game hadn’t evolved into the more account focused state it’s been moving to with this expansion.

Characters on our accounts have always been a team. Systems such as shared achievements, mounts and battle pets have all focused on the account as the primary unit, not the character. This supports the “bring the player” concept. I like the approach. As long as a player is playing the game, the account gains the benefit. The player is not restricted to running a specific character for a particular result. Flexibility is good.

I think the BoP basis for Motes of Harmony just goes against the account focus we’ve seen in the xpac. It’s unnecessarily inflexible.

While they grow on trees at 90, Harmony is just an out and out blocker for levelling characters and I consider the currency an unnecessary and un-fun impediment to my alts. If I’m playing on my account, it makes little sense to me that I must play on a specific character in order to craft gear for another of my characters. The account basis and team basis in this environment is broken.

As far as I can see, if a player focuses on playing one character alone, they’re swimming in Harmony and the currency becomes a relatively small impediment. If a player plays a number of characters on their account, Harmony is just a nasty impediment.

Personally, I thought the justification in Brennvin’s reaponse actually articulates why BoP is such an issue:
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself.

This is precisely what I’d like to do as a player; make items for myself. But I can’t because that requires a very large time investment on specific characters where I've already made that commitment on others.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It doesn't make sense why I can't play the toon I enjoy, craft the item I need with a toon on my own account that has the sufficient skill level to make the item, then give it to my main character to continue enjoying my playing experience. I must stop playing the toon I enjoy most, play an alt that I would rather play as the mood strikes me, just to craft an item simply because a non-currency material that I earned on one character cannot be traded to another. Its not like I've circumvented a system or speeding up the material farming process by killing mobs with either character and trading them. I'll spend virtually the same amount of time. By making motes of harmony BoA, I'll be able to play the toon I enjoy, craft items on characters I spent the time to level up and skill up, and then return to the toon I enjoy playing. Farming mats shouldn't feel mundane or like a hassle. Making Motes of Harmony and Spirits of Harmony into BoP items has created a grinding 'farming' process and forces me to play toons when I don't feel like playing them. This defeated the supposed reasoning for account-wide achievements ... letting the players play the character they want.
Reply Quote
I love how everyone is still on the "grow them on your farm".

If you grow them on your farm, you aren't growing vegetables. The only professions that it is more profitiable to grow motes to craft and then buy the vegetables you need for master of ways is BS or LW. You can't get 16 plots of vegetables from selling 3 golden lotus. It is simply impossible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]