Heroic Vizier, HoF

90 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard. You will nerf this fight. You (probably) did not intend this fight to be this difficult. If you did, it's probably some bull!@#$ reason probably involving the reaction to it. I'm temped to say it simply is not possible as it appears to implemented(in reasonable amounts of gear), but I'd probably get proven wrong by paragon after they put in a rediculous amount of attempts. Kindly stop wasting my time, as I find raid-wide latency checks to be very disappointing, as far as raid content goes.

Also, the raid ID lockout bug was irritating, as were the multiple bugs with the trash leading up to him- which, by the way, you've had a week to fix.

Test your damn raids before you release them. You've had more than enough time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This is a nasty, nasty fight. I hope it remains nasty for a bit so Paragon can show us all how bad we suck.
Reply Quote
lol if you think the "latency check" is the hard part of this fight
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Does he change phases whenever he wants on heroic like he does on normal?

(ie waiting for 75% to go to second platform and going to p3 at like 45%)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
its get even !@#$ing worse LMAO
Reply Quote
Does he change phases whenever he wants on heroic like he does on normal?

(ie waiting for 75% to go to second platform and going to p3 at like 45%)

ya and its extra fun if its on the voice platform and he decides to stay and do a 3rd voice
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Priest
Voice and Verve on Heroic is not the challenging part of the encounter. Sure, you have more access to cooldowns in 25s, but even in 10s it's very heal-able.

THE PROBLEM is in the final phase of the encounter when you have TWO bosses BOTH casting Attenuation from two different sources. I literally laughed out loud violently at my computer screen when I saw it happen.

I'll be interested to see how Paragon kills it tomorrow lol.

EDIT: This is the Paragon strat for the final phase:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYMOvzbP6Q#t=1m29s
Edited by Zarastro on 11/7/2012 12:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Incoming post from Lappe:

I had been talking to my thirty lady friends when we decided that we were going to be able to kill the boss on this pull. I started frapsing with two verves going off while I was calling my accountant. As I tranqued through the verve while simultaneously starfalling twice with incarnation, I thought about how awesome it is to be me. You know what? It is pretty damn awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's definitely killable. Some people got close tonight and it would have died if it wasn't for lockout bugs hurting some guilds. It will die within the next 24-48 hours. The only thing wrong with the boss is that one order is way harder than the other, making it very RNG reliant both on the pull and in the final phase.

It's been one night, just relax for a minute and, you know, try it for a bit. That's why we raid isn't it?
Edited by Gondlem on 11/7/2012 1:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Voice and Verve on Heroic is not the challenging part of the encounter. Sure, you have more access to cooldowns in 25s, but even in 10s it's very heal-able.

THE PROBLEM is in the final phase of the encounter when you have TWO bosses BOTH casting Attenuation from two different sources. I literally laughed out loud violently at my computer screen when I saw it happen.

I'll be interested to see how Paragon kills it tomorrow lol.

EDIT: This is the Paragon strat for the final phase:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYMOvzbP6Q#t=1m29s

Oh wow. I might have to try this. I lurve dodge fights. Two attenuatoins would be fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
not surprising, there is often at least 1 overtuned fight in a tier, see: week 1 baleroc (dps'ing through the enrage wasnt uncommon) and spine of deathwing (massive dps check at 0%).

people will find a way to trivialize something. see: ring of frost and aoe death grip spam on heroic emperor.

Not atm, this fight.... SO AWESOMELY TUNED.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
It gets a 30% nerf, just wait. Maybe it isn't tuned for you.
Reply Quote
I think the damage scaling is fine, the only issue I find with the attenuation is the hit box size of the rings. Sometimes they bypass you by 1 yd and you take no damge, other times they are 10 yds away and you take damage. I guess people might this to as the latency check? Not sure.

It might take people time to adjust to the image's attenuation/force and verve combined with the boss's attenuation/force and verve, but thats where you learn with attempts.

It is nice that Hof doesn't have an introductory boss being as easy as h morchok.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I think the damage scaling is fine, the only issue I find with the attenuation is the hit box size of the rings. Sometimes they bypass you by 1 yd and you take no damge, other times they are 10 yds away and you take damage. I guess people might this to as the latency check? Not sure.

It might take people time to adjust to the image's attenuation/force and verve combined with the boss's attenuation/force and verve, but thats where you learn with attempts.

It is nice that Hof doesn't have an introductory boss being as easy as h morchok.

Only thing that is really !@#$ed up is that you can't transition from a certain move to another certain move and expect to kill it. (if you've done this on 25, you'd know what i'm talking about)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Boss is certainly overtuned for the initial HoF encounter. A few things to note:

- Getting a certain order of abilities can be completely unrecoverable. Also, the boss starting on certain platforms first in the first phase or spawning certain echoes first in the last phase can make or break the encounter. I don't know why Blizzard is on this Omnitron-style "randomness". I really dislike how bad they are about balancing the order of things, because it just encourages guilds to pull fights over and over (or reset them, in SK's case) to get the "proper" order to guarantee a kill.

- Mechanics like Attenuation are pretty unforgiving and almost Nintendo-hard, especially with even slight latency.

Just expect to see massive nerfs to damage and HP.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
This fight is perfect! Please do not touch it XD never been so happy to wipe at such low % on a FIRST boss ! Cant wait to get back in!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]