Heroic Vizier, HoF

90 Goblin Shaman
11/08/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Braneour
Sad VERY VERY SAD.

As sad as your post?

Unlikely.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
As with any changes, we're continuing to keep an eye on how these will play out as well as ongoing constructive feedback. While we do take into account feedback during the beta, it may not always result in having a truly complete picture of any potential issues or challenges that may come up with a particular encounter when it goes live. We try to err on the side of caution for any mid-week/progression changes, but sometimes, the need may outweigh the caution.

Thanks for all of the ongoing constructive feedback everyone. As always, it's appreciated.

This is pretty pathetic blizzard. Just PLAIN PATHETIC. OMG a BOSS ISN'T KILLED WITHIN THE FIRST 10 MINUTES OMG NERF NERF.

Really, leave the bosses alone, let guilds bash their head against it for a period of time. Who cares if it takes weeks or months to get the boss down? Who cares if its the first or last boss.

This constant NERFING so everything can be killed within 5 minutes of its releasae is pathetic.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

Who cares if they are stuck for weeks or months?

Better yet Blizzard, just make one difficulty called FACE ROLL. Because that is apparently the only difficulty you seem to understand.

OMG OMG someone can't kill a boss in the first day wah wah, OMG OMG we better NERF NERF.

Sad VERY VERY SAD.

I acknowledge your passionate and well-constructed plea. I'll pass along feedback to the team.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/08/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Postonforums
so much for the no super nerf during weekday policy

They only nerf normals during the week, not heroics. That's exactly what they said.

Oh wait.

Quoting for funzies.

Our rationale regarding avoiding midweek hotfixes that make a fight easier only applies to Heroic encounters: When a guild encounters a Heroic boss that seems excessively difficult, they may opt to defeat it on Normal and move on. If we make the fight easier midweek, they don’t have the option to go back and fight that easier version, and that can be frustrating and seem unfair. A Normal mode brick wall is a brick wall regardless, so there is no such potential unfairness.
Edited by Dysheki on 11/8/2012 4:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

I acknowledge your passionate and well-constructed plea. I'll pass along feedback to the team.

Please don't feed the trolls. Also, thanks for making the fight killable, we appreciate it.
Edited by Xiic on 11/8/2012 4:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Paladin
What happened to not nerfing any fights during progression because it will downplay the attempts made by guilds? While the first round of quality of life fixes were indeed that - fixes, the second round are just plain nerfs to bring the fight down to an easier level considering the next two are apparently easy as well.

Why is it so bad to leave heroic bosses unkilled for a week? Do you want your content to be wiped out in a week so all these hardcore top end guilds can just whine about lack of it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
11/08/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Andruz
nooo world first blade lord dreams! we got him to 33% on 25 rofl

It was a 10 man guild, 25 is still open for grabs go for it :) .

eh 10 man 25 man whats the difference? /trollfacerunsaway
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Method has just killed Visier.

http://i.imgur.com/wFD4W.jpg

Blade Lord and Garalon were snipped Arctìca.

eagerly awaiting the "but it was on 10 man" complaints...

but remember, 25 is harder, as you can completely trivialize adds on will of the emperor with mages and dk stacking.

right?

Except you can clearly see from the picture it was on 25.

edit:

Nvm you meant blade/gara
Edited by Ðemolition on 11/8/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/08/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Lightstruck
Why is it so bad to leave heroic bosses unkilled for a week? Do you want your content to be wiped out in a week so all these hardcore top end guilds can just whine about lack of it?

Apparently so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/qOwgx.jpg

Thats what phase two looked like before the hotfixes. Try to life through that...you cant.
Edited by Theiea on 11/8/2012 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
What happened to not nerfing any fights during progression because it will downplay the attempts made by guilds? While the first round of quality of life fixes were indeed that - fixes, the second round are just plain nerfs to bring the fight down to an easier level considering the next two are apparently easy as well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-underbog/Lightstruck/achievement#168:15107

Clear LFR on your main before you worry about the difficulty of HOF bosses. Thanks.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

This was already explained before. We don't necessarily like doing these changes like this, but sometimes we see a need for it based on what we think an acceptable rate of progression for an encounter should be. We still have the Terrace of Endless Spring on the way and these Raids aren't the end of what we have planned for Raiding during the expansion. We'll work to get you all a better update on developer design philosophy on how they feel progression should play out at some point in the near future.

I wasn't joking when I said I acknowledged the feedback that I've seen. It's understandable that for some, the changes are welcome, for others they are a source of some frustration. There's only so much we can do to minimize this. Ultimately, the question will always come back to, "Is the encounter more fun than frustrating or more frustrating than fun?"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Tuesday raiding is no longer supported by Blizzard
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
People who probably didn't even do M'uru pre-nerf keep posting about it in this thread so I'm gonna go ahead and say that M'uru, while frustrating pre-nerf, was doable and isn't really comparable to this fight. Go look at pre-nerf Vashj (when she had MC) or C'thun if you want something comparable to this. Both of those fights had completely broken mechanics (like this fight does) and were patched before anyone got kills on them.
Edited by Req on 11/8/2012 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/08/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Nethaera
"Is the encounter more fun than frustrating or more frustrating than fun?"

Left v Right stuff is more frustrating than fun.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
What people are forgetting when they complain about things being nerfed is that these are the best of the best guilds working on it now and are already WAY out gearing 99% of the player base and are still not able to kill it, So if the best of the best can't kill it than there would be no way a guild that does heroics but not on the scale the top guilds would ever kill the encounter and as Blizzard has stated before they do not design content that only a very small Percentage of the player base will ever see. so with that I agree the nerfs were required.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Fight seems killable now from what I'm watching on streams, but... I've heard repeatadly (and experienced myself) that people are finding the "safe lane" without difficulty and just being killed by discs that their character hasn't ever come in contact with, with reasonable (under 100) ms. Additionally, the rings are bouncing off midair in both attenuation parts of the right, which doesn't seem intended.

I feel like these two factors are causing the final phase to be more difficult than intended, and that one of the following should be reduced: the duration of attenuation, the duration of the rings, or the amount of rings.

It's obviously possible to kill it now (gratz to method), but the difficulty seems far higher than the next two bosses, and primarily due to this (slightly) buggy mechanic.
Reply Quote
10 Draenei Paladin
11/08/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Vathelin
What people are forgetting when they complain about things being nerfed is that these are the best of the best guilds working on it now and are already WAY out gearing 99% of the player base and are still not able to kill it, So if the best of the best can't kill it than there would be no way a guild that does heroics but not on the scale the top guilds would ever kill the encounter and as Blizzard has stated before they do not design content that only a very small Percentage of the player base will ever see. so with that I agree the nerfs were required.

Then those guys should do normal mode more? MSV HM? Remember that this is the first week of a heroic instance, and that these guys are lacking a lot of gear. Heroic should be heroic for a reason, right? Otherwise why not just call it "Not much harder than normal".
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
As with any changes, we're continuing to keep an eye on how these will play out as well as ongoing constructive feedback. While we do take into account feedback during the beta, it may not always result in having a truly complete picture of any potential issues or challenges that may come up with a particular encounter when it goes live. We try to err on the side of caution for any mid-week/progression changes, but sometimes, the need may outweigh the caution.

Thanks for all of the ongoing constructive feedback everyone. As always, it's appreciated.

This is pretty pathetic blizzard. Just PLAIN PATHETIC. OMG a BOSS ISN'T KILLED WITHIN THE FIRST 10 MINUTES OMG NERF NERF.

Really, leave the bosses alone, let guilds bash their head against it for a period of time. Who cares if it takes weeks or months to get the boss down? Who cares if its the first or last boss.

This constant NERFING so everything can be killed within 5 minutes of its releasae is pathetic.

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC.

Who cares if they are stuck for weeks or months?

Better yet Blizzard, just make one difficulty called FACE ROLL. Because that is apparently the only difficulty you seem to understand.

OMG OMG someone can't kill a boss in the first day wah wah, OMG OMG we better NERF NERF.

Sad VERY VERY SAD.

It's more pathetic that you are complaining about this yet have never cleared any heroic content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]