Heroic Vizier, HoF

90 Troll Death Knight
This fight will not die on 25 man this week without nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/07/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Rofladine
This fight will not die on 25 man this week without nerfs.

It'll probably die even in its current form. It just requires very good RNG, but it's entirely possible.
Reply Quote
Voice and Verve on Heroic is not the challenging part of the encounter. Sure, you have more access to cooldowns in 25s, but even in 10s it's very heal-able.

THE PROBLEM is in the final phase of the encounter when you have TWO bosses BOTH casting Attenuation from two different sources. I literally laughed out loud violently at my computer screen when I saw it happen.

I'll be interested to see how Paragon kills it tomorrow lol.

EDIT: This is the Paragon strat for the final phase:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYMOvzbP6Q#t=1m29s

I'm pressing the bomb button but it isn't going off.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10 is much more difficult than 25 on this encounter. Attenuation rings do not split in 25, like they do in 10 and move BACK TOWARDS the boss for a second.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10 is much more difficult than 25 on this encounter. Attenuation rings do not split in 25, like they do in 10 and move BACK TOWARDS the boss for a second.

On normal they split. Maybe they don't in heroic. (25 man of course)
Edited by Azloran on 11/7/2012 8:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/07/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Gondlem
It's definitely killable. Some people got close tonight and it would have died if it wasn't for lockout bugs hurting some guilds. It will die within the next 24-48 hours. The only thing wrong with the boss is that one order is way harder than the other, making it very RNG reliant both on the pull and in the final phase.

You know, they seem to like doing that this tier. Making it artificially harder by screwing with the order, I mean. Spirit Kings did it and now Vizier.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
No, they def split on 10. It might be a split when someone gets hit, so if you suck you split a lot LOL.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Can't wait to watch the kill vids of this fight. Seems so fun!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
They split if they hit a player in 25 Heroic aswell as 10 heroic, it would require 96k DPS with 18 DPS 2 tank 5 healer on this fight i dont think its possible to have 18 people at that number with the mechanics.

The fights HP was significantly increased ( almost 200 mill on the boss alone and 15 mil on the Adds) its abit over tuned atm nerfs will come this week when blizzard sees how the Euro raiders go on it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
So you can't kill the 7th heroic boss of t14 in 1 night must be nerfed?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/07/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Sensations

Yup. It's amazing how bad it's gotten. Reminds me of the 10 man heroic Gara'jal thread. Everyone complained about it saying it was impossible and then some guild did end up beating it.

Man that thread was great.

Same thing will probably happen here.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
11/07/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Sensations

Its more the fact that its actually unkillable atm, Top guilds wiping at 10% ( to enrage) with "near" perfect play Thats 70 odd million HP you have to pull out of nowhere its like Garajal was before they adjusted his HP pool.
Edited by Rofladine on 11/7/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/07/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Kuruptionz

Yup. It's amazing how bad it's gotten. Reminds me of the 10 man heroic Gara'jal thread. Everyone complained about it saying it was impossible and then some guild did end up beating it.

Man that thread was great.

Same thing will probably happen here.

They didn't say it was impossible, that thread was created to see if the shadowbolts were bugged on 10 man.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Boss didn't die after one night of attempts.

Nerf plz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
OMG! a boss where everyone has to play perfectly, how dare you do this to us blizzard

I'm glad this boss is as challenging as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Boss didn't die after one night of attempts.

Nerf plz.

pls

riot pls
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I just liked the rng factor made a return. I thought Spirit Kings heroic was bad XD

Atleast, this is fun.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/07/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Somewhat
So we don't invite anyone who can't 1cc lunatic. Easy.

It's gotten far enough (even though we're still on normal) my guild is calling it "the bullet hell phase", and mandating those who keep dying download Touhou.

I really wanna try it on heroic though. Really bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
You guys are adorable. If you'd actually pull the fight you'd realize how certain aspects of it are simply unrecoverable, even with perfect play. Then there's also the fact that ~50% of your pulls are wipes regardless of what happens because he picked the wrong first platform.

No one wants the challenging aspects to go away - I think most hardcore raiders enjoy the refreshing change from faceroll to Nintendo-hard difficulty. But it is pretty silly when there's wipes that you can do absolutely nothing to prevent, especially when those wipes happen frequently. The entire fight has a Spirit King-esque "randomness" that facilitates the perfect ability order or you probably won't kill it. That aspect of the fight = stupid.
Edited by Sair on 11/7/2012 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]