Heroic Vizier, HoF

MVP - Technical Support
90 Human Warrior
Lol, some hardcore players are really fun:

Hey Blizzard, heroic content is too easy, make it hard.

Damn you Blizzard, we can't clear all heroic bosses in the first week before new content come with the gear we have now, boss is impossible, nerf it now!!

The laughing is killing me.

hard and broken are not the same thing.
You try 2 force and verve at same time in phase 2 on heroic difficulty.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
lol, the fight is still going to be really hard
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/07/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Nethaera
we would like to fix a few quality of life issues

It'd be nice if you could fix the ridiculousness that is DMF trinkets and certain spells. Everyone would appreciate that I'm sure!
Reply Quote
61 Tauren Death Knight

Damn you Blizzard, we can't clear all heroic bosses in the first week before new content come with the gear we have now, boss is impossible, nerf it now!!

I remember when people said Heroic Rag pre nerf was broken, then Paragon killed it after 500 tries and puff... everybody shut up =).

" I cant kill in one day " " must be broken " ...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It will indeed still be hard. The nerfs were needed tho for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

I remember when people said Heroic Rag pre nerf was broken, then Paragon killed it after 500 tries and puff... everybody shut up =).

First boss and Last boss are two drastically different standards to base difficulty on.
I don't think anyone would be bothered by the difficulty of Heroic Vizier if he was the end-boss of HoF.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Actually, Heroic Ragnaros was broken, because the triforce strat wasn't supposed to be possible. The intended strat, as Blizzard designed the fight, would have made the DPS checks impossible.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3657436442?page=2#36

Of course, in that case, it was broken in a way that made the fight easier, rather than harder, but still.
Edited by Muspel on 11/7/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
These three changes really do almost nothing to the overall difficulty of the fight, save for the beserk timer change.

11/07/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Naumu
we would like to fix a few quality of life issues

It'd be nice if you could fix the ridiculousness that is DMF trinkets and certain spells. Everyone would appreciate that I'm sure!

Holy crap this. We're on.. what.. week three of DMF cards blinding people when Paladins or Monks use their healing abilities?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
11/07/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Melenkor
I don't think anyone would be bothered by the difficulty of Heroic Vizier if he was the end-boss of HoF.

This exactly. If Shannox or Beth'tilac had taken the amount of time Heroic Ragnaros did, they would have been nerfed. The fights, generally, should get more difficult as you progress to keep you interested. If they go T11 mode and burn people out on the 2nd or 3rd boss, people stop progressing and quit playing the game. (look at how many guilds quit due to burnout after that tier) No matter what people say, its not fun to wipe 600+ times on one boss just to go to the next one and wipe 1200+ times. However it is more reasonable to wipe 600+ times on that final boss and get to bask in the glow of finally being finished.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Basically this
Edited by Drove on 11/7/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Also I'm kinda curious why Noise Cancelling zones stacking was fixed (since beta) during the first phase but not the last phase.
Edited by Kennyloggins on 11/7/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The Heroic Zor'lok encounter is currently more difficult than intended. While we prefer to avoid changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we would like to fix a few quality of life issues and make some targeted balance changes that do not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter so far. Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:

Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.

Do we know when these changes will take place?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The ignorance of non-raiders is surprising.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Heroic Zor'lok encounter is currently more difficult than intended. While we prefer to avoid changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we would like to fix a few quality of life issues and make some targeted balance changes that do not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter so far. Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:

Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.

Do we know when these changes will take place?

He said "later today".
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
i meant a time frame
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Wait so a hardcore progression kill is crying now because they have an encounter they can not kill after 1 night?

Suck it up, go for some gear, come back, get better and kill it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wait so a hardcore progression kill is crying now because they have an encounter they can not kill after 1 night?

11/07/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Soulglol
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/07/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Braneour

Actually they where upset that it was not possible to kill. There is quite a large difference.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

11/07/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Soulglol

We raid and we don't care if we wipe over and over while we wipe.

Learn to play, don't expect boss kills for free, put effort into kill them. Just because you can't kill a boss in one night doesn't make it impossible, it means you are not properly prepared, go back rework your strats and go forbid spend another week farming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]