Heroic Vizier, HoF

We raid and we don't care if we wipe over and over while we wipe.

Learn to play, don't expect boss kills for free, put effort into kill them. Just because you can't kill a boss in one night doesn't make it impossible, it means you are not properly prepared, go back rework your strats and go forbid spend another week farming.

You're also not a top world guild. Considering the quality of players that are putting in many, many attempts and being unable to kill the first boss in an instance, something should tell you that the fight is broken. It is perfectly reasonable to expect the first boss to be killed by these caliber of guilds, in the first 24 hours.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
11/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Epicholytime
I Hope a Blue poster will see this and let us know when the hotfix will happen so people don't keep banging their head to instant wipes at 25%.

Nethaera already commented on it. The hotfix is later today.

The Heroic Zor'lok encounter is currently more difficult than intended. While we prefer to avoid changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we would like to fix a few quality of life issues and make some targeted balance changes that do not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter so far. Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:

Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
11/07/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Sabatieni
I Hope a Blue poster will see this and let us know when the hotfix will happen so people don't keep banging their head to instant wipes at 25%.

The Heroic Zor'lok encounter is currently more difficult than intended. While we prefer to avoid changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we would like to fix a few quality of life issues and make some targeted balance changes that do not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter so far. Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:

Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.

But when today? Im assuming many guilds are waiting for this hotfix right now to go in so they can clear it. No point in making attempts (other than practicing first 60% which I'm assuming they don't need much of if they were working on it yesterday) when Blizz just said basically its impossible right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/07/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Sabatieni

Think he meant an actual time in ESt, CST or PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/07/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Koilie
Hehe Yogg0. Hotfixed.

Just need some Koilie disc for it and it's NP.
Reply Quote
58 Blood Elf Death Knight
Blizzard. You will nerf this fight. You (probably) did not intend this fight to be this difficult. If you did, it's probably some bull!@#$ reason probably involving the reaction to it. I'm temped to say it simply is not possible as it appears to implemented(in reasonable amounts of gear), but I'd probably get proven wrong by paragon after they put in a rediculous amount of attempts. Kindly stop wasting my time, as I find raid-wide latency checks to be very disappointing, as far as raid content goes.

Also, the raid ID lockout bug was irritating, as were the multiple bugs with the trash leading up to him- which, by the way, you've had a week to fix.

Test your damn raids before you release them. You've had more than enough time.

Since you like to give advice, here's some for you.

Try posting your concerns in a way that doesn't make you sound like a childish idiot.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The only change here i'm unsure of is the extension of the enrage timer, the rest of the so called "nerfs" do NOTHING to make the fight easier, they simply remove the rng chance of the fight being impossible - I hate nerfs, it seems to me these are fixes to problems that should never have been allowed to go live.

It never ceases to amaze me how all the horribles try to weigh in on discussions they have no part in, if the top guilds in the world can't down the first boss in a day, you will simply NEVER down it in your average joe guild, be thankful we test the raids for you.
Edited by Cremlin on 11/7/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Ring-around the rosie teehee
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Hunter
already nerfed? haha
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
this fight is perfect, it should be this difficult
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Level 1 ALT FIGHT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/07/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Postonforums
Level 1 ALT FIGHT

'
I dont think ravenholtd or frostwolf have any good guilds so not much of a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I think it'd be nice if there was clarification about what is expected during the first week of Heroic availability. Considering Heroic MV was downed in the first week, including a Gara'jal HP nerf that made it possible, does this mean that it is expected and intended for the top guilds to be able to clear Heart and Terrace HMs in their first weeks?

Because honestly, whining that a boss is not killable on the first two days of its release is silly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/07/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Zakigga
Because honestly, whining that a boss is not killable on the first two days of its release is silly.

Almost as silly as people who have never seen the fight talking out of their !@#?
Reply Quote
how about you guys change the fight so he goes right every time
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I think it'd be nice if there was clarification about what is expected during the first week of Heroic availability. Considering Heroic MV was downed in the first week, including a Gara'jal HP nerf that made it possible, does this mean that it is expected and intended for the top guilds to be able to clear Heart and Terrace HMs in their first weeks?

Very few bosses in WoW history have lived through their first week of availability. The few that have are typically end tier bosses that are renowned for their difficulty, Rag, 0 Light and HLK, Spine or bugged to the point of unkillability. For a boss other then an end tier boss to live through the week would be a huge change to the status quo that has been established from wrath on.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
4horsemen, magtheridon (technically he's a 'last boss' I suppose since he's the only boss.)

oh, post-wrath.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/16397-WoW_world_first_list

solarin, al'ar both did. leo the blind. Ouro.
Edited by Robokapp on 11/7/2012 4:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
http://twitter.com/ImperialVizier
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
4horsemen, magtheridon (technically he's a 'last boss' I suppose since he's the only boss.)

oh, post-wrath.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/16397-WoW_world_first_list

solarin, al'ar both did. leo the blind. Ouro.

All of the bosses that you're mentioning are pre-"heroic boss" so they are a bit irrelevant in this discussion. That being said the stupid part about this fight (as well as spirit kings...) is the RNG aspect, there should be a set order or at least a way to choose an order since some are SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than others.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
would you think the same way if the 'set order' was one of the hardest?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]