Topic <cookie> LF Ranged DPS
Edited by Jdance on 11/8/12 12:44 AM (PST)
We are currently looking for:
Raid Times: Tues, Thurs, Mon. 9-12 Central
Cookie was a guild that served as a home to alts and irl friends, while our mains joined raiding guilds. These raiding guilds have since stopped raiding or collapsed entirely, and for the upcoming expansion we have decided to start our own team in our already existing guild.
I give this brief history for those that may be curious about the disparate nature of a relatively inactive guild now all of a sudden creating a raid team. Make no mistake, this is not being run by casuals figuring "Hey, we should totally try raiding." Our core is comprised of skilled and experienced raiders, and this team will be aiming for competitive progression. With Premonition now calling it quits, Big Crits and Nonpareils are sitting as favourites for the next tier. Our core members actually ran a team that beat both of these guilds in Firelands progression, and I see no reason this can't be done again. In other words, server 1st is well within our grasp.
Having alts or off-specs that are raid capable is a huge plus. We don't necessarily require any hugely impressive raiding experience or parses in our applicants. We understand that there are players out there with the potential to be competitive raiders that just haven't had the chance to shine yet, and a new expansion is the perfect reset point for this chance to be viable. Obviously, if you have experience and world ranking parses, by all means brag away on your app.
Here's what you can expect if you raid with us.
1. We expect that you are always up date with all the class mechanics of your main and off spec. For dps, just looking up optimal sustained single target isn't going to cut it. You should always be thinking of how you can adapt your style to the needs of the encounter (short burst, long burst, 2 target aoe, 10 target aoe, etc). Tanks should be knowledgeable enough and willing to shuffle stats between mastery, avoidance, stamina, and hit/exp based on the type and extent of the damage in the encounter. Same goes with trinkets and mixing in dps gear (think Mirror of Broken Images and Alysrazor, respectively).
2. We expect that you have researched an encounter before we pull it for the first time. This can be as simple as watching a youtube video of the fight and reading through the dungeon journal a few times. Once we have pulled the boss, we expect you to research any aspects of the fight that are giving us trouble, especially if they are relevant to your role. This would typically include watching a number of kill videos and analyzing their strategy in comparison to ours. While we are aiming for realm 1st, we realistically won't be cracking the top 100 in kills, so kill videos will typically exist for our progression fights.
3. We expect you to have very consistent attendance to raids. Any known absences should be mentioned to either myself or an officer as soon as possible, and 24 hours before the raid at the latest. Any unexpected absences must have an appropriate reason. What constitutes acceptable reasons for and frequency of absences is up to our discretion.
4. We use a loot council system, comprised of our officers. We will always distribute loot in a way that we feel maximizes the benefit to the raid team as a whole. If this means giving all the tier tokens to the tanks, then we will. If this means giving a single dps more gear than others because they fill a certain niche on a hard fight, then we will. Let's be clear about this right now: we're here for boss kills, not shiny loot. If you feel that a loot council decision has been poorly made, you may bring it up with an officer privately, in a civilized manner. However, if there is any doubt in our minds who should get loot, we will typically discuss it with the candidates anyway. If I say a loot decision is final, then you will cease your dispute immediately.
5. We expect all of our members to behave in a relatively civilized manner both during and outside of raiding. While joking around and giving each other a hard time is something we enjoy just as much as anyone, we would ask to keep excessively inappropriate language and comments out of our guild chat and mumble. We also realize that not everyone gets along with everyone else. We don't demand you become the best of friends, but actively antagonizing other members of the guild or team is not tolerated.
Feel free to leave any questions here, if you wish to apply visit:
If you wish to ask questions personally my Real-ID is: