Blizzard: Just admit botting is a problem...

90 Troll Druid
That's all I want. An acknowledgement that it's a problem and you're working on it.

Edited:

I'm just glad they responded. It's far too often that companies will deny, deny, and then continue to deny a problem before finally, way down the road, implementing a shody fix.

I trust they'll sort it out soon enough.
Edited by Yellowfiend on 11/10/2012 3:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Problems can be solved.

Ergo, if they admitted it is a problem they would be called towards resolution.

And.

Where would that leave us; terminus?

Wait, this is reality and complexity is king therefore answering this vague post is naught worth the effort. I am spent.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 01:06 AMPosted by Bubblykiss
I am spent.
Like a $2 bill? Or like a 50?
Reply Quote
They admitted it long ago... and since its still a problem now, it doesn't need to be admitted again.

They just need to work on the problem instead of being too busy counting their money.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They admitted it long ago... and since its still a problem now, it doesn't need to be admitted again.

They just need to work on the problem instead of being too busy counting their money.

They've both admitted it's a problem (hence the ban wave) and they do work on the problem. Follow the blue posts, they explained it clearly.

Botters find programming loopholes to slip through, so the devs study the bots until they find the loopholes, then they close them. But just as soon as that's done, the bots find different ones. It's an unending back and forth without any permanent cure-all solution.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
They've always acknowledged the problem.

They've always been working on the problem.

Every time they fix the problem, the hackers find a new way to cheat the system and put the bots back in play.

There will always be bots. But that doesn't mean Blizzard isn't trying to do something about it.

If playing with bots upsets you, stop playing MMOs and stick to single player games.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Trolls gonna troll.

Botting is at an all-time high. I've never in my 6 years of playing wow have seen this many bots in a single BG. When over 75% of both teams is bots... there's a huge problem.

Please, if you're just going to be condescending, go elsewhere.

She's not trolling, she's telling you the truth, which you apparently don't want to hear.

You are not qualified to state whether or not botting is at an all-time high. Maybe you got unlucky in selection, maybe there were more humans than you thought. Either way you do not have the data to support that accusation, so it's just a comment based on frustration, which has no factual standing. Blizzard does what they can to eliminate botting, but it'll always happen, because the bots find new ways in. There is no cure-all.

Please, if you're just going to be stupid, go elsewhere.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

She's not trolling, she's telling you the truth, which you apparently don't want to hear.

You are not qualified to state whether or not botting is at an all-time high. Maybe you got unlucky in selection, maybe there were more humans than you thought. Either way you do not have the data to support that accusation, so it's just a comment based on frustration, which has no factual standing. Blizzard does what they can to eliminate botting, but it'll always happen, because the bots find new ways in. There is no cure-all.

Please, if you're just going to be stupid, go elsewhere.

Noone who plays BGs right now can say that bots aren't at an all time high. If you don't notice it, you're just not paying attention. There's no data needed, just queue up and you'll see.

If you report back and claim that botting isnt that bad then you clearly are not paying any attention during the BGs.

And yet you do need data. Maybe they were at an all-time high some other night compared to now. You can't say 'it's at an all-time high' just because tonight they happened to be infesting some battlegrounds. And how exactly do you know they're bots anyways?

And even if we're to trust that your assertion is accurate (which it likely isn't), that doesn't mean Blizzard is negligent about the matter or hasn't acknowledged it. They have acknowledged it, and they do what they can. It's like a battle, kinda like those battlegrounds you were in. It goes back and forth, and sometimes the bots manage to gain a bit more of an edge, but Blizzard will push them back. It'll go back and forth like that for as long as the game exists, and they'll be in all other MMOs too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Levelling up and gearing up is not entertainment to many people. This is why bots exist. Fix the root of the problem blizzard thx
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/09/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Abkhazia
Levelling up and gearing up is not entertainment to many people. This is why bots exist. Fix the root of the problem blizzard thx

. . . You should just stop playing mmo's in general. I fixed the root of your problem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/09/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Tokiwa
. . You should just stop playing mmo's in general. I fixed the root of your problem

You should learn that not everyone will agree with you, no matter how right you think you are.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/09/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Meneltel
. . You should just stop playing mmo's in general. I fixed the root of your problem

You should learn that not everyone will agree with you, no matter how right you think you are.

You should . . . step away from the keyboard. . very slowly. Don't over react.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You have to feel for Blizz though. How can they possibly detect bots, when the bots are now superior in intelligence to the majority of the remaining player base?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]