Blizzard: Just admit botting is a problem...

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Funny, all you have to do is hire somebody over at the FBI or something to track down the sites that people are downloading these hacks/mods/bots from and have them work independently to bring down the people creating the programs. They are breaking a federal agreement, after all (EULA/ToS.)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/09/2012 03:52 AMPosted by Bretherezen
Funny, all you have to do is hire somebody over at the FBI or something to track down the sites that people are downloading these hacks/mods/bots from and have them work independently to bring down the people creating the programs. They are breaking a federal agreement, after all (EULA/ToS.)

Not as simple as you may think some of these authors are in country's that have no laws on such activities such as botting,gold selling or account selling rendering them untouchable to the FBI.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 03:51 AMPosted by Dliver
You have to feel for Blizz though. How can they possibly detect bots, when the bots are now superior in intelligence to the majority of the remaining player base?

Lol'd. So true.
Reply Quote
2 Human Warlock
They've always acknowledged the problem.

They've always been working on the problem.

Every time they fix the problem, the hackers find a new way to cheat the system and put the bots back in play.

There will always be bots. But that doesn't mean Blizzard isn't trying to do something about it.

If playing with bots upsets you, stop playing MMOs and stick to single player games.

Trolls gonna troll.

Botting is at an all-time high. I've never in my 6 years of playing wow have seen this many bots in a single BG. When over 75% of both teams is bots... there's a huge problem.

Please, if you're just going to be condescending, go elsewhere.

Outside of your rather limited experience do you have proof of this claim? Or are you just exaggerating for the sake of trying to stir up some drama on the forums. Because I've been here 7 years (since you seem to think this matters) and from my own experience botting hasn't gotten any worse.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Abkhazia
Levelling up and gearing up is not entertainment to many people. This is why bots exist. Fix the root of the problem blizzard thx

It's almost like you're playing an RPG, where levels and gear are the primary focus. Who would want to play that nerdy crap right? It'd be so much better if you could just start killing things like in Call of Duty or Halo.
Reply Quote
35 Orc Warrior
11/09/2012 05:18 AMPosted by Hellasha
Outside of your rather limited experience do you have proof of this claim? Or are you just exaggerating for the sake of trying to stir up some drama on the forums. Because I've been here 7 years (since you seem to think this matters) and from my own experience botting hasn't gotten any worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3NBu_E3Bk&feature=youtu.be

It has become worse than it ever was. This is 70-80% of my games.

edit: I made this vid. Its a trial version so I can't record much. I would record every BG.
Edited by Fìona on 11/9/2012 5:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Every time they fix the problem, the hackers find a new way to cheat the system and put the bots back in play.

There will always be bots. But that doesn't mean Blizzard isn't trying to do something about it.

If playing with bots upsets you, stop playing MMOs and stick to single player games.

Trolls gonna troll.

Botting is at an all-time high. I've never in my 6 years of playing wow have seen this many bots in a single BG. When over 75% of both teams is bots... there's a huge problem.

In my nearly 8 years playing WoW, botting is just as bad as it has always been.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember in Vanilla, I would see the same bots running around in Felwood. Every day. For weeks... months...

It's always happened. Nothing has changed. You can't say it's gone up because you have no proof of it.

Blizzard, as others have said, has acknowledged it and do what they can do ban but it is typically in waves and a lot at one time.

Oh and btw... they don't have to "admit" anything to you. But they actually have... so... be happy they actually do something about it unlike other MMO's I have played.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 01:02 AMPosted by Homicidal
They know it's a problem, but they are definitely not working on it.

It's not a problem to their pocket...it's a inconvenience to the gamers.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Prey tell, which MMO developer has managed to eradicate bots from their game?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Was there even a point to making this post?

Did you not notice the other 6 million other post that have been made about botting?

Or did you just want to be super special and make your own post to try and look cool while you actually look like a word I can't type without being banned.

I mean do you have the solution to botters? Do you know how they work?

Blizzard bans and fixes the problem with botters all the time but technology evolves, things change they find loopholes. The cycle will continue.

Its not some simple easy fix like you all seem to think it is, all you want to do is whine and cry while stomping your foot claiming blizzard is wrong and stupid and terrible at there jobs.

Here's an idea, when you see someone botting report them. Blizzard investigates every single report of botting and they take it very serious.

People like you make me sick.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
People bot FPS's that consist of SHOOT ENEMY, RESPAWN, SHOOT ENEMY, RESPAWN.

Claiming that the rigors of leveling and gearing in an mmo inspire botting is essentially refusing to admit the actual crux from which the issue stems, and one that has nothing at all to do with the game being played, ever.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Was there even a point to making this post?

Did you not notice the other 6 million other post that have been made about botting?

Or did you just want to be super special and make your own post to try and look cool while you actually look like a word I can't type without being banned.

I mean do you have the solution to botters? Do you know how they work?

Blizzard bans and fixes the problem with botters all the time but technology evolves, things change they find loopholes. The cycle will continue.

Its not some simple easy fix like you all seem to think it is, all you want to do is whine and cry while stomping your foot claiming blizzard is wrong and stupid and terrible at there jobs.

Here's an idea, when you see someone botting report them. Blizzard investigates every single report of botting and they take it very serious.

People like you make me sick.

Blizzards method of dealing with botters is simply OUTDATED.
In the past,sure waiting to gather as much info as possible to remove/resolve the program/s being used,then issuing wide sweeping bans and hot-fixing things so that program can't be used again kind of worked,
but...
BIG BUT!!!
The programs/scripts being used can be 'made' or 'changed' to work over night.
So, Blizz really needs to get up to speed and realize THEY WILL NEVER BEAT THE PROGRAM/SCRIPT, but they can beat the player that cares about losing his account when he/she knows botter are dropping like flies daily, and not just bimonthly.
Reply Quote

Trolls gonna troll.

So, genuine question here: How can you tell when a player in a BG is a bot? Do they behave in a certain way? Do they do nothing like an afk person? Do they have a name that is just a nonsense collection of letters?....
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Warrior
They make money from these bots.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue

So, genuine question here: How can you tell when a player in a BG is a bot? Do they behave in a certain way? Do they do nothing like an afk person? Do they have a name that is just a nonsense collection of letters?....

They all follow the same waypoints because they are running on scripts. If A happens, then B is the function.

Watch them all follow each other ... in sync like a flock of birds. All following the same AI waypoints. Basic NPC programming really. It's how they make guards walk around. Waypoints.
Reply Quote
35 Orc Warrior

Trolls gonna troll.

This is not mine but

http://youtu.be/Mt7LniAxt50

This one I recorded myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3NBu_E3Bk&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]