Blizzard: Just admit botting is a problem...

11/09/2012 01:46 AMPosted by Yellowfiend
All I want is for them to admit it... even if it's a month before it's fixed, just admit it's a problem and you're working on it.

A month? People have been botting WoW since 2005. No online game will ever be free of bots.

Just get used to it.
Reply Quote
98 Draenei Mage
11/09/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Dix
To change the metaphor - game, set, and match.

Not really.

The more that it appears that nothing is going to be done, the more people will commit crimes, in this case, botting. Blizzard needs to appear to be doing more. The last ban wave was early last year, I believe,
I guess you did not see the CS forum a week or so ago...all the QQ from people that had their account banned in a wave.

Check and Mate
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
There wouldn't be bots if people would stop buying gold
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Yellowfiend
That's all I want. An acknowledgement that it's a problem and you're working on it.

Bot programs or /afk bot scripts are a problem, and we know it's gotten worse in Battlegrounds with the release of Mists. We're working with CS and the development team on this. It's unacceptable. We know it. You know it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Cyprux
Would like to see stricter deserter penalties. 3 kicks in 1 day = no more bgs for the rest of the day
Don't think this is a feature request thread.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/09/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Zarhym
That's all I want. An acknowledgement that it's a problem and you're working on it.

Bot programs or /afk bot scripts are a problem, and we know it's gotten worse in Battlegrounds with the release of Mists. We're working with CS and the development team on this. It's unacceptable. We know it. You know it.

Admittance is the first phase of recovery.

This problem will have to come from the hard coders who create the systems in the game most likely. Hopefully they don't need to make new tech to squash this, and can just tune systems already in place.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
It's unacceptable. We know it. You know it.

It would be nice to get this input on other issues as well and a little more frequently. WE KNOW we know it...

Silence from your end does nothing but make us all wonder if you all actually do.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Solaru
To change the metaphor - game, set, and match.

Not really.

The more that it appears that nothing is going to be done, the more people will commit crimes, in this case, botting. Blizzard needs to appear to be doing more. The last ban wave was early last year, I believe,
I guess you did not see the CS forum a week or so ago...all the QQ from people that had their account banned in a wave.

Check and Mate

I did see the posts. I also saw lots of posts asking if there was actually a ban. That's the problem I'm trying to get at, no one really knows if Blizzard is banning bot accounts or not. The impression I got from reading all those posts was that there was some kind of minor ban wave, and that there were a lot of false positives, people got banned and had the bans overturned.

But because Blizzard is so mysterious about when and how many they ban, no one's really sure what's going on. And to me, that's one of the major sources of the problem, it appears that Blizzard's doing nothing. If they simply announced every month that so many accounts were banned for botting then I think people would feel more comfortable that something is being done besides, as one poster put it, counting their money.

And to continue with the sports metaphors... it's outta tha park!
Reply Quote
2 Undead Mage

I should ask as Ive always wanted to know. Do you guys actually know the popular bot websites and know of the most used bots? If not I'd be glad to send you guys the information with all the links to the downloads themselves as well as the forums and websites where they are hosted. I mean its kinda obvious but I dont know if you guys know about them since youve never said.

And before someone says it, No just because I know of the bots websites doesn't mean I use them as I am not stupid. I do however have two friends, one in particular that has used a certain bot since WotLK and has never received a ban. Which leads me to believe Blizzard must not be able to detect him =\
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Would like to see stricter deserter penalties. 3 kicks in 1 day = no more bgs for the rest of the day

Three 1-day bans in a given period = account closed

I can dream can't I?
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage

And we knew you knew, and we knew you were working on it. But I for one at least appreciate you coming onto here and telling us what was common knowledge. You shouldnt have had to, but thanks.
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Priest

I look forwards to hearing what you're going to do about it. It's worse in Mists, but it's been bad since S3, especially outside prime time.

I think I've reported hundreds of botters in my time PvPing but the wall of silence policy you have regarding bots (and other reports in general) is hugely demoralising and leads to the perception that you don't do anything.

It doesn't help that many of us who PvP know people who have been botting away for years without a hitch but your response to other bots is often much faster. I had a guildmate whose long-inactive account got compromised and turned into one of those Uldum farming robots late in Cata. I ticketed it and got a response in under ten minutes and the problem addressed straight away, with no screwing around, waiting or platitudes about "trying to fix the problem at the source." Why can't you do that in BGs?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
We're working with CS and the development team on this. It's unacceptable. We know it. You know it.

The American people know it. Bob Dole is not going to stand for this (in Norm McDonald Bob Dole impression voice.)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

Thanks for the response; was getting antsy about this myself. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
11/09/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Warglaive
It's unacceptable. We know it. You know it.

It would be nice to get this input on other issues as well and a little more frequently. WE KNOW we know it...

Silence from your end does nothing but make us all wonder if you all actually do.

Why waste time saying things everyone knows?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]