Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Seriosly, I just can not make up anything this good ...
This article is stolen from the active thread list on us.battle.net, I wasn't the discoverer of such hilarity, I'm just bringing it to you, the lazy masses who don't mingle with the vermin on the front page :P
And I quote:
Saw on Courthouse news that blizzard is getting sued.
1) Mobile authenticator is free. They can't legally include that in a lawsuit.
2) There are other ways to protect your account that are free, too (Dial-in Authenticator, SMS protect).
3) "Bell claims that Activision and Blizzard require gamers to use online accounts at the Battle.net website, which collects and stores customers' private information." -- Are you kidding? I think they've blacked out every bit of personal information, including address, phone number, and cc info. Additionally, an authenticator isn't required and your account will be restored without one.
4) Hacking Blizzard has absolutely nothing to do with being sued over authenticators. Internal security vulnerabilities, or whatever the issue was (I honestly can't remember) are an entirely separate issue. In fact, I'm almost positive that Blizzard stated no personal information outside of email addresses was stolen.
What a joke. This will be thrown out so fast.
Agreed ... When I read this I was floored .... I couldn't stop laughing at how silly this whole thing was.
If I ever saw an ambulance chaser ... it is these floosies ... heck a floosie would be an improvement :P
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.