FALL IN. PRESENT ARMS! [Veteran Day Thanks]

(Locked)

/Salute

Brother is 68W - U.S. Army.

I was ABH - U.S. Navy until I got hurt.

Thank you all Past, Current, And future Vets.
U.S. Navy July of 1996 - January 2008.
Started playing this game on my original account when my life consisted of nothing but daily visits to Balboa for rehab.

/salute

6 years and still serving. 12B/12C - US Army.
Iraq/Afghan Vet.

Stay safe brother.

Amen
90 Gnome Mage
To those who lay their lives on their line, and have paid the price, thank you for your service.

I miss you grandpa.
90 Goblin Death Knight
So both to those who want to focus on the imperfections of our military institutions and foreign policy, as well as those who say this thread isn't related to World of Warcraft, I offer this apropos reminder:

To ask why we fight is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question.

Why do we fight? To protect home, and family. To preserve balance, and bring harmony for my kind. The true question is: What is worth fighting for?

/Salute

This brought a tear to my eye. Thank you, Zarhym.

/Salute
100 Orc Hunter
To all of my brothers and sisters in arms, both past and present: Happy Veterans Day!

And to all of the people that make the effort to thank us when we venture out in public in our uniforms: Thank you for your support!
Much respect to all Veterans(My father is a Navy vet). I wanted to serve but it became apparent that my weak knees couldn't handle the stress of the military life after going through Boot Camp(Best experience in my live and showed me that I still had much to learn in life). It's a shame though since some of the greatest men and women I've ever met in my life were those from Boot Camp. Glad nearly all of them made it and made something of themselves.

I also met a Russian woman at Boot Camp so she could reach the American Dream. It was touching since all of her hard work paid off in the end.

FYI, Fort Sil OK has both genders together in Boot Camp. They kept telling us not to screw this up and that the higher ups are paying close attention to see how well the genders can work together(Though we obviously weren't the first group they did this with). Seems all their fears were for naught since outside the first week the horn dog effect had passed off and no one really cared anymore.

Yeah when I was at Sill for BCT there was a dude there from RUS who joined the Army and was in the process of getting his citizenship, it was pretty cool. I met (and still am meeting) people from all over the world and it's pretty amazing. I'm stationed in Okinawa, Japan now which is pretty awesome.

I wanted to go to the Veteran's Day ceremony this morning but I needed the rest to get over this stomach virus.. I'll def go next time I have the chance (hopefully next year).
90 Human Rogue
you know what logan and blaton
go ahead.
hate the military.
hate the men and women doing there job.
be verbal about it.
after all i did serve for 6 years for you to be able to have your freedoms.
just realize this.
i also defended the right of others to have the opinion that your an idiot.
90 Tauren Death Knight
You will all notice I didn't come on here linking anything or flagging or saying OT because this is a good hearted honest thread. I thank everyone in the armed forces that protect me and everyone else in the forum community and United States from harm!

Happy Veterans Day !
90 Human Rogue
You will all notice I didn't come on here linking anything or flagging or saying OT because this is a good hearted honest thread. I thank everyone in the armed forces that protect me and everyone else in the forum community and United States from harm!

Happy Veterans Day !

thank you and have a good day yourself.
90 Pandaren Priest
Veteran here! Served in the Navy on the USS Toledo. It's a fast attack submarine, the kind that hunts enemy ships and subs and doesn't carry nukes.
Thank you for posting this.

All gave some, some gave all. Thank you to all the men and women in uniform.

Without you, the people in this thread bashing you wouldn't have the freedom to do so.
Blizzard Employee
This thread exists to pay respect on this day to our brothers and sisters in the community who've pledged their lives to their country, as well as everyone else who has served throughout history.

There's no place for debate here. If you've come to this thread to argue foreign policy, criticize the use of military force in any context, or otherwise spin this into a political discussion, you'll be removed from the forums.

Thanks for understanding. :)
100 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you Zarhym
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]