Azshara, Nazjatar city and the next expansion

90 Human Mage
She seems to...not understand that people DO like her. I mean don't get me wrong it's a nice trait to be modest but at some point she needs to just accept who she is.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
11/12/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Valius
She seems to...not understand that people DO like her. I mean don't get me wrong it's a nice trait to be modest but at some point she needs to just accept who she is.

Which is why her arc seemed to go that way.

She knew people liked her,she just wasn't comfortable due to Azshara. She didn't want to become like her.

But again, at this point she isn't charismatic. She isn't respectable. She isn't even a believable politician, she can't focus enough to heal anymore.... She's pathetic. A wash out of a character who's one redeeming quality is she doesn't take the lives of her people for grant..... Ohh... wait.. She was going to charge in without a plan, costing them their lives.

So, she doesn't have a redeeming quality.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
11/12/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Deerde
Im not the biggest expert on night elf lore so forgive me for asking this dumb question but why didnt the night elves put in a new Queen after Queen Azshara "Left?" Sorry i know someones going to make fun of this question but its been on my mind for a while :P

For all practical purposes, High Priestess Tyrande is exactly that. But the whole Azshara thing soured her on monarchy and she absolutely refuses to accept any such title. Nor does NE society want the institution back. They got burned badly by it. So they traded in monarchy for theocracy.

Yet they revere Tyrande almost as much as they did Azshara back in the day. The difference, I suppose, it that Tyrande earns her affection on merit and benevolence, whereas Azshara just threw some kind of crazy glamor spell on the entire NE race powered up by the Well of Eternity (it went way beyond her just being pretty. She could even dominate demons and turn them in her favor.)

Ah ok thanks :)
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
It went beyond the Well of Eternity as well. She was doing it when the Well of Eternity was cut off, and no one knew she was even magically gifted, from what I recall.

She was smooth enough that even Illidan nearly missed her spell weaving with his Sargeras eyes.
Reply Quote
It went beyond the Well of Eternity as well. She was doing it when the Well of Eternity was cut off, and no one knew she was even magically gifted, from what I recall.

She was smooth enough that even Illidan nearly missed her spell weaving with his Sargeras eyes.

Yeah. The way I'm reading it is that the Well was how she was able to maintain her grip on the entire race. The NE stuck with her way way way beyond the point of reason or even habit. She could draw on the Well to amplify her native power.

But she could indeed exert the same force at some proximity to her drawing on just herself. She was a natural culmination of Highborne breeding over who knows how many thousands of years, and an immensely powerful sorceress. (This same breeding may also explain her state of mind...)

I look forward to her Mind Control tricks in her future boss fight. :)
Edited by Deerde on 11/12/2012 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Yeah. The way I'm reading it is that the Well was how she was able to maintain her grip on the entire race. The NE stuck with her way way way beyond the point of reason or even habit. She could draw on the Well to amplify her native power.

But she could indeed exert the same force at some proximity to her drawing on just herself. She was a natural culmination of Highborne breeding over who knows how many thousands of years, and an immensely powerful sorceress. (This same breeding may also explain her state of mind...)

I look forward to her Mind Control tricks in her future boss fight. :)

She's interesting to catch my attention but I'm going to stop to avoid being eaten.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Which is a shame, because Azshara is far to powerful and established to be a patch boss.

But hey, Illidan was, so why not?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Which is a shame, because Azshara is far to powerful and established to be a patch boss.

But hey, Illidan was, so why not?

Because we are not prepared.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Far more likely that she'll be the "Ragnaros" of the Legion expansion and will have a "Firelands" type raid/zone dedicated to her story in a patch, as others have said.

Still... after she and the Legion are dealt with, what's next?

Well what corrupted Sargeras in the first place was the basically endless spew of demon from the Nether, iirc, so technically even if he was put down there'd never not be demons, and a ton of them (which is good, because Annihilan and Nathrezim Own). However, I don't see much interest in an endless series of whack-a-mole expansions, even though that's basically where we're at now, so hopefully Blizz will get some sense and cool their jets like they've started (sort of) to do in MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Far more likely that she'll be the "Ragnaros" of the Legion expansion and will have a "Firelands" type raid/zone dedicated to her story in a patch, as others have said.

Still... after she and the Legion are dealt with, what's next?

Well what corrupted Sargeras in the first place was the basically endless spew of demon from the Nether, iirc, so technically even if he was put down there'd never not be demons, and a ton of them (which is good, because Annihilan and Nathrezim Own). However, I don't see much interest in an endless series of whack-a-mole expansions, even though that's basically where we're at now, so hopefully Blizz will get some sense and cool their jets like they've started (sort of) to do in MoP.

I think it's fun. And what else is there. We can't do the Alliance-Horde war forever.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

I think it's fun. And what else is there. We can't do the Alliance-Horde war forever.

A lot of people have floated the idea of a civil war xpac where we might get some more development for the different races. Also, what's fun? The bad guy checklist-y stuff, or just killing hella demons? Because if it's the latter, I guess I could be down. An entire planet of Annihilan or Nathrezim? Hell yes. However, just killing every bad or potential bad guy introduced in Warcraft is sort of eh. Azshara's fate is definitely sealed though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Killing demons. :-P Though to be honest it would of been better if we explored all of Azeroth first THEN dealt with world threats more. Civil war stuff? I can't dig that......only so much can be done for a single civil war. Mechanically it would be hard. Storywise...easy.
Edited by Valius on 11/12/2012 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
A nice twist that would stop the lore from all being LOL OLD GOD, would be seeing Azshara taking advantage of N'zoth and using him as a source of power and keeping him under her eye.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/12/2012 10:59 PMPosted by Valius
Killing demons. :-P Though to be honest it would of been better if we explored all of Azeroth first THEN dealt with world threats more. Civil war stuff? I can't dig that......only so much can be done for a single civil war. Mechanically it would be hard. Storywise...easy.

Oh yeah, definitely there's a lot of logistical issues with it. And I agree about exploring Azeroth, and I think Blizzard has realized it too with MoP. I wouldn't be surprised if, were the developers of today able, they would have put it before the other xpacs. Just my pet theory though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I believe that the other expansion they were working on was a Great Sea Expansion with Azshara as the boss of it. Although I suspect that Pandaria was going to be a zone in the expansion. Before this expansion we had no idea what Pandaria actually was, it could have been smaller if Blizzard had wanted it to be.

But when they started working on the zone they actually made so much content for it they decided to make an expansion out of it instead. At least that's what I think happened, just pure speculation though.

Tides of War and The Fall of Theramore could have still been part of the expansion though.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
More underwater zones will appear I think, just refined.

Nazjatar and Empress Azshara will definitely get an expansion. No idea when. Not only is Azshara a powerful servant of the Old Gods, she's currently THE most powerful servant, and she's quite likely replaced Deathwing as their herald. She's also the most powerful mage on Azeroth, and no, she won't bail on the Old Gods in favour of Sargeras. She's theirs now. She made her pact, and she sealed it. Even if she wanted to now, she couldn't betray her new masters.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest

Nazjatar and Empress Azshara will definitely get an expansion. No idea when. Not only is Azshara a powerful servant of the Old Gods, she's currently THE most powerful servant, and she's quite likely replaced Deathwing as their herald. She's also the most powerful mage on Azeroth, and no, she won't bail on the Old Gods in favour of Sargeras. She's theirs now. She made her pact, and she sealed it. Even if she wanted to now, she couldn't betray her new masters.

Plot twist, Azshara has charmed N'zoth into him being her minion.
Reply Quote

I can think of a few other contenders for the title of most powerful mage on Azeroth, but she's on the shortlist.

Don't be so sure she'll be 100% loyal to the Old Gods. The Old Gods themselves might even be OK with letting her act on a loose leash and attach herself to Sargeras, they have regarded Sargeras in the past as a useful tool.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Botenanna
A nice twist that would stop the lore from all being LOL OLD GOD, would be seeing Azshara taking advantage of N'zoth and using him as a source of power and keeping him under her eye.

That would be a great twist and would really highlight how much of a threat she is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]