Valor point gain just needs to change!

90 Pandaren Rogue
With the new NPC that upgrades your gear for valor coming in in patch 5.1 I strongly believe the valor point gain needs to change. Seriously Blizzard giving us 25 points per boss kill isn't even close to enough. 25 points x 16 bosses that = 400 valor points. As it is raiding in this game is a huge time commitment how do you expect people to commit about 20+ hours of hardcore raiding a week to only get 40 percent of their total valor points (400 valor) leaving you with having to gain 60 percent of your valor points (600 valor) by doing terrible 5 mans and dailies. Raiders already spend tons of time raiding and preparing in this game for raids making us have to do daily heroics and 5 mans with a ton of dailies added to that is not the answer. That is just going to shy people away from even wanting to play. What I suggest is we go back to the system you have always used where if you kill all the bosses in 25 man you cap out for the week. There is nothing wrong with that system at all considering all the time any hardcore progression guild puts into raiding as it is.

A simple solution would be to up valor points from 25 to 50 per boss which will = 800 valor points for the week if you kill all 16 bosses. Even with that you would have to do some dungeons which is completely useless to anybody who raids hardcore or do a few dailies a week something that seems a lot more acceptable for someone who is already putting 20+ hours a week just raiding alone. Double the amount of valor would not only let anybody who raids all 16 bosses at least get to upgrade one piece a week but also leave room for those who wanna min/max there valor points every week.

So with all that being said I hope this gets some sort of attention from either the community or someone that works from Blizzard and I hope something changes before 5.1 comes out because there will not be many happy people having to put all the time in raiding and then have to gain 600 valor points from 5 mans and dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This is not even factoring in other aspects of this game, where at a 2700 RBG rated group can acquire 3200 conquest a week vs. the maximum of 1000 Valor a Week, ultimately upgrading items at a rate that’s almost 3 times faster than raiders. If we’re going to treat PvPers and PvErs equally we should lower the conquest cap to 1000 a week, or raise the valor cap to the maximum of what a PvPer can get (3300).

Personally I think this change is awful addition to the game, which is forcing the wrong direction in what I believe is fun for World of Warcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
A raid boss should give 63 VP so that a full clear would get you to VP cap. It's a raid currency after all, raiding should be the most efficient way to cap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Valor seems to burn time in MoP way more then any other game. I barely have time for alts and I feel like im playing a ton of wow as it is. I may just stop worrying about capping it once im done my daily grinds, the commitment is too big for a casual player who wants to enjoy other things as well (pet battles, pvp, etc).

This weeks a perfect example. The only thing I have really done all week are things that gain valor. I am at 945/1000 i think right now, and I know I won't be getting home until late tonight, so I will most likely just barely have time to do enough dailies to hit 1000 and then log. I only had time to go to darkmoon once this week.

:(
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Signed! As a PVP focused pro, It's impossible for me to have a chance to enjoy PvE because of the awful valor cap now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Signed and agreed, please change
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
also, probably increase the amount of valor reward from dailies. Seriously just 5? Why not 10?.
It wouldnt be so bad if the raids/Hdungeons/Dailies gave out more valors.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You guys seriously have trouble capping valor? This isn't close to even a troll post, but I cap valor so quickly it isn't even funny just doing a few dailies 1 heroic and raiding I usually cap in about 4-5 days.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
By the light of Elune this must happen!!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Valor point gain is paced slow enough now, and rep restricts content that I think we're near a point where we can remove weekly caps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Worrsevv
You guys seriously have trouble capping valor? This isn't close to even a troll post, but I cap valor so quickly it isn't even funny just doing a few dailies 1 heroic and raiding I usually cap in about 4-5 days.

Compared to MoP, yes. And compared to frost bages in WOTLK, yes. My playtime is the same, but now in this expansion I spend the vast majority of my wow time capping valor, if not all of it on any given week. Not really a complaint, ill just stop worrying about valor soon and do other things, but yes it absolutely takes more time now then it did before. If they gave more valor, I would be happy. The heroic change from 60 to 80 was great.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Valor seems to burn time in MoP way more then any other game. I barely have time for alts and I feel like im playing a ton of wow as it is. I may just stop worrying about capping it once im done my daily grinds, the commitment is too big for a casual player who wants to enjoy other things as well (pet battles, pvp, etc).

This weeks a perfect example. The only thing I have really done all week are things that gain valor. I am at 945/1000 i think right now, and I know I won't be getting home until late tonight, so I will most likely just barely have time to do enough dailies to hit 1000 and then log. I only had time to go to darkmoon once this week.

:(

Yup. I have 3 lvl 90s. One hit valor cap this morning. Only now can my other 2 toons get benefit from their "generous" +50% valor earned. LOL

But we're supposed to get our gear from drops, you say? We don't need valor? Well, my mage's last 15 lfr boss kills, 9 Elder tokens, and 16 heroics run without any drops says that we need valor to "supplement" what we get (or don't) from drops.

The changes Blizz has made in MoP have made the game fell a lot more like a job - and now I'm only getting minimum wage. Because the rate at which one earns valor is pathetic!

I really don't like that it takes sooo much longer to obtain the rewards that we used get. Dailies are a huge time commitment, and valor points take a lot longer to cap. And I really feel sorry for those who can't play every single day.

Really Blizz. Starting listening to your player base and quit defending your ill conceived plan to give us "more content".
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/12/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Worrsevv

Do you hardcore raid like some people? we dedicate 4-5 hours a night, for 4-5 nights a week for raiding. On top of full time jobs for most of us. How in the hell do you expect any of us to valor cap?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
agreed with op, please fix!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I liked Adelaide's post bout a full raid clear should get you valor capped, or atleast a good 85%.
It could boost up raiding, plus giving ppl time to work on their other toons, work of professions, their farm, pet battles, farm mats, dailies, etc.

Having all but dailies and 5mans is brutal and very discouraging.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
your guild raids 5 nights a week? good god thats demanding

11/12/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Finalization

Do you hardcore raid like some people? we dedicate 4-5 hours a night, for 4-5 nights a week for raiding. On top of full time jobs for most of us. How in the hell do you expect any of us to valor cap?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The proposed increase valor yield would lead to gradual, but attainable, prosperity. I wish to see this instated.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
if you think 5 days a week is demanding you should look at all the guilds raiding 7 days a week :/

but yeah increase valor pt gain so i dont have to chain run heroics monday night to finish off that 700 valor i still need cause dailies are boringgggg.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]