Valor point gain just needs to change!

90 Pandaren Rogue
good to see the post has gotten some attention :) keep it coming!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Feels like a 2nd job having to valor cap each week!

/signed
Edited by Struthyx on 11/12/2012 4:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
This thread is a bit of a switch.

What happened to "you don't need VP gear if you raid"? I know some of you have been making that point in other threads.

If you don't need the gear, why are you worried about how much VP you're getting?

You want to VP upgrade your gear in 5.1, suck it up and do your dailies, just like you've been telling others they need to in other threads to get gear.

To paraphrase some of you "This is what Blizzard intends - to reward you for participating in multiple forms of content. If you don't like it, you can just progress at a slower rate."

Does it hurt now the shoe is about to be on your foot?

And don't worry, I agree the VP gains from raiding are too low especially when the VP gains from the easiest form of raiding are so much higher. That was a point I made shortly after LFR came out. I'm just finding this funny coming from people who were complaining about concerns that other players had for the past couple of weeks but now that it's about to hit home for you, you're starting to complain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Adelaide
A raid boss should give 63 VP so that a full clear would get you to VP cap. It's a raid currency after all, raiding should be the most efficient way to cap.

A very good and valid comment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This thread is a bit of a switch.

What happened to "you don't need VP gear if you raid"? I know some of you have been making that point in other threads.

If you don't need the gear, why are you worried about how much VP you're getting?

You want to VP upgrade your gear in 5.1, suck it up and do your dailies, just like you've been telling others they need to in other threads to get gear.

To paraphrase some of you "This is what Blizzard intends - to reward you for participating in multiple forms of content. If you don't like it, you can just progress at a slower rate."

Does it hurt now the shoe is about to be on your foot?

And don't worry, I agree the VP gains from raiding are too low especially when the VP gains from the easiest form of raiding are so much higher. That was a point I made shortly after LFR came out. I'm just finding this funny coming from people who were complaining about concerns that other players had for the past couple of weeks but now that it's about to hit home for you, you're starting to complain.

It'll be nice that a PvP player can upgrade 1 item twice and a 2nd item once in 1 week, when a raider can only upgrade 1 item 1 time a week.

Should be exciting.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Joynal

Even after being exalted with every rep possible, i'm supposed to do the same dailies for VP cap each week? Seems like pretty silly game design to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally think killing 16 raid bosses per week should be more than sufficient to acquire VP cap. As it's been said in this thread, raiding should be the most efficient form of VP capping.

/Signed
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think raiding should indeed award more valor than it does. It seemed like a joke when I kill a raid boss and get less valor than a scenario. I also think the dungeon system for valor should go back to the way it was at the end of cata. Where you got valor from dungeons 7 times a week, instead of having to log in every day to do your daily dungeon or fall behind on vp points. Having to log in every day to run a heroic is not fun and difficult for those who's week day play time is much more limited than their weekend play time. That is why it was changed in the past I believe. Getting 80 vp for the first dungeon of the day and not for the rest is very similar to the old daily dungeon system which was changed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Valor seems to burn time in MoP way more then any other game. I barely have time for alts and I feel like im playing a ton of wow as it is. I may just stop worrying about capping it once im done my daily grinds, the commitment is too big for a casual player who wants to enjoy other things as well (pet battles, pvp, etc).

This weeks a perfect example. The only thing I have really done all week are things that gain valor. I am at 945/1000 i think right now, and I know I won't be getting home until late tonight, so I will most likely just barely have time to do enough dailies to hit 1000 and then log. I only had time to go to darkmoon once this week.

:(

Yup. I have 3 lvl 90s. One hit valor cap this morning. Only now can my other 2 toons get benefit from their "generous" +50% valor earned. LOL

But we're supposed to get our gear from drops, you say? We don't need valor? Well, my mage's last 15 lfr boss kills, 9 Elder tokens, and 16 heroics run without any drops says that we need valor to "supplement" what we get (or don't) from drops.

The changes Blizz has made in MoP have made the game fell a lot more like a job - and now I'm only getting minimum wage. Because the rate at which one earns valor is pathetic!

I really don't like that it takes sooo much longer to obtain the rewards that we used get. Dailies are a huge time commitment, and valor points take a lot longer to cap. And I really feel sorry for those who can't play every single day.

Really Blizz. Starting listening to your player base and quit defending your ill conceived plan to give us "more content".

AMEN!!!! Thank you for summing it all up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
here here
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Crelix, elloooooo
Edited by Riggnaros on 11/13/2012 1:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/13/2012 01:36 AMPosted by Riggnaros
Crelix, elloooooo

word.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Over the past few years, the WoW development team has been streamlining pretty much every aspect of the game. No more short term required buffs (shaman shields, paladin judgements, etc). Every buff pretty much lasts an hour now. Class rotations have been optimized not only to make things easier, but to make them more fun. Gone are two button rotations (mage) as well as needlessly convoluted rotations requiring 10 button presses for average dps (warlock). The point here, every design decision has been focused on making the game FUN.

Valor points are not fun.

At this point, everybody can use VP. I think the reason there so much angst toward the current valor point system is that everybody wants (and some people need!) to cap those VP. And it just takes so long. So very, very long.

It's strange that every other design decision has been about streamlining the game play experience, whereas VP is specifically designed to be a slog.

VP should be changed so any player, regardless of how or why they play, should be able to get to the 1000 point VP cap easily.

Dailies - Let's say someone who likes dailies runs an average of 10 a day. Currently they will end up with 50 VP a day or 350 for the week. Up the VP per daily to 15.

Heroics - Change it so you get 7 'double VP' points per week, not 1 per day. Up the VP rewards to 100 for those 7, and 50 for each one after that.

Raids - 125 per completed raid + 25 per boss.

Valor points have been a part of Warcraft. Everybody wants them, everybody can use them. So give it to them. This needlessly grindy aspect to the game is something that would have been done 5 years ago. The current state of the game should logically dictate that a smooth system that allows anybody to get to the 1000 point cap efficiently is the way to go. People won't stop playing once they get to 1000 points. It will just let them play more alts, or do things for a reason other than getting a small point reward toward a weekly cap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Over the past few years, the WoW development team has been streamlining pretty much every aspect of the game. No more short term required buffs (shaman shields, paladin judgements, etc). Every buff pretty much lasts an hour now. Class rotations have been optimized not only to make things easier, but to make them more fun. Gone are two button rotations (mage) as well as needlessly convoluted rotations requiring 10 button presses for average dps (warlock). The point here, every design decision has been focused on making the game FUN.

Valor points are not fun.

At this point, everybody can use VP. I think the reason there so much angst toward the current valor point system is that everybody wants (and some people need!) to cap those VP. And it just takes so long. So very, very long.

It's strange that every other design decision has been about streamlining the game play experience, whereas VP is specifically designed to be a slog.

VP should be changed so any player, regardless of how or why they play, should be able to get to the 1000 point VP cap easily.

Dailies - Let's say someone who likes dailies runs an average of 10 a day. Currently they will end up with 50 VP a day or 350 for the week. Up the VP per daily to 15.

Heroics - Change it so you get 7 'double VP' points per week, not 1 per day. Up the VP rewards to 100 for those 7, and 50 for each one after that.

Raids - 125 per completed raid + 25 per boss.

Valor points have been a part of Warcraft. Everybody wants them, everybody can use them. So give it to them. This needlessly grindy aspect to the game is something that would have been done 5 years ago. The current state of the game should logically dictate that a smooth system that allows anybody to get to the 1000 point cap efficiently is the way to go. People won't stop playing once they get to 1000 points. It will just let them play more alts, or do things for a reason other than getting a small point reward toward a weekly cap.

Couldn't of said it any better, But I think a raid boss should grant (esp on heroic) much more than 25 VP per boss.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
keep it coming!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would like to see the Valor cap raised a bit higher. 1000 points per week is paltry to getting any kind of gear even if you raid or not.

Most valor gear costs: 1750-2200 points to obtain - THAT'S 2-3 WEEKS OF DAILY/RAID/WHATEVER GRIND JUST FOR 1 PIECE OF GEAR! ( Seriously??? 2 pieces of gear per month? C'mon man!)

And if you do/don't calculate it correctly, you can end up like me this week - 35 VP short of getting another piece of gear. So now I have to wait YET ANOTHER WEEK just to get that piece of gear that i worked so hard for the previous week.

I also feel everyone's pain if you have other alts. I'll be damned if I'm going to do 4-6 toon rep grinds just to get gear for my alts. This is starting to become a full time job as it is with one character.

Basically, Blizzard has deisgned this new expansion to keep us all playing for a while.

Raise the Valor cap to at least 1750 per week. That way your daily rep/quest grinds for the week are worth it. As well, raid bosses should have more VP awarded too.

BTW: WTH are we still getting Justice Points for Heroic Dungeon Boss kills????
Edited by Thëodïcus on 11/13/2012 10:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wait, you're saying we have to do things in order to get epix? No way....and here I was hoping for a nice surprise in my mailbox from blizzard this morning.

Suck it up, epic gear is supposed to take some work to get. If you want gear handed to you, then just gear in heroics with the blue set; the heroic dungeons are pretty face roll.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
They should double pretty much all valor gains across the board. You have to do something around 35-40 heroics a week to cap valor now which is kind of ridiculous.

I understand the raider's plight as well. Raiding should easily cap Valor every week because Valor is the raiding currency.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MoP could have been the best expansion. However, Blizzard increased the grind so much, that MoP is actually making me quit. Longer grind doesn't keep me subscribed, Blizzard; A more enjoyable game does.

If hardcore raiders think that VP grind takes too long, it's not hard to imagine how much this sucks for a casual player like me. I just gave up on gearing altogether now. I stopped trying to get gears from bosses due to the terrible drop rates from ICC 5-mans in LK. That's why I relied on JP/VP in Cata. Thanks to MoP, I'm just quitting altogether.
Edited by Buffyumyum on 11/14/2012 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Don't let this thread die, We need to make Blizzard aware of how awful and painful it is to grind out valor.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]