Extended Maintenance - 11/13

(Locked)

Community Manager
UPDATE: Maintenance has been extended until 3:00pm PST. Thanks again for your continued patience.

It has become necessary to extend today’s regularly scheduled maintenance by approximately two hours. We currently anticipate that realms will become available at 1:00 p.m. PST, though we will revise that estimate if the situation changes.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Edited by Brennvin on 11/13/2012 12:52 PM PST
90 Undead Mage
Sigh...
90 Tauren Death Knight
Further thinking made me edit this a bit more.

Folks they aren't extending maintenance for no reason it's because there are things that came up which have resulted in them needing to take more time to do their work. Because they are taking the extra time to work on everything that means a more stable and therefore more enjoyable game play for everyone. I understand this and hope you can to.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/13/2012 12:17 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Monk
Awe... time to view some youtube clips ;P
90 Pandaren Rogue
Is this because you guys forgot to take a good chunk of realms down until like 30 minutes before maintenance was scheduled to be done? >_>
85 Tauren Warrior
i think its more the point that they leave the notice till the last min to tell any one and after the many years the game has been out and they still cant get it right
Thanks for the update.
90 Human Paladin
They deleted the other thread about this. LOL!
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't mind that the servers are down. Mornings are my forum time anyway. : )

It will be nice when the servers are back up though so we can go back to talking about the game and not about the maintenance.

And thanks for the update. If there is another extension, could we please hear about it sooner than later? As in not 1:15?
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/13/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Daxxarri
It has become necessary

AHAHAHAHAHAAHA OH WOW
90 Troll Shaman
2 weeks in a row having to extend it, sigh... come on guys
90 Draenei Mage
Dammit...

Week after week...

Extended again...

If you folks can't get the job done on time, then start earlier and end at the same time as advertised.

If this keeps happening every week, it's about time Blizzard starts refunding lost game-time.

1 full day's worth of game-credit per month that you people keep extending maintenance weekly and having the servers all shut down...

Either that or get the job done within the time-frame you post and that's it. Crack the whip on your employees and make them live up to their promises that get posted the first time, every time.

Seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended Maintenance.

Over the course of the years of gaming in WoW, Blizzard has extended maintenance time and time again...

Taking into account that you perform extended maintenance at least twice a month every month, that means paying customers are losing, on average, 48 hours a month of their paid subscriptions.

This amounts to 24 days a year of lost subscription time.

So, by paying 12 months of subscriptions, we actually are only getting 11 months and 6 days.

The rest of that additional months time is just gone.

I think it's time Blizzard starts either getting their job done on time, every time, or start paying us back for our lost time.

Now some of you will say... "But it's only a couple of hours."

While, at the time, that may very well be true, but then if you look at the bigger picture, that statement is very untrue.

24 days of lost time is hardly a "couple of hours".

So, let's talk reimbursement.

How about it Blizzard?

Will you start finishing on time, or are you going to start giving back to your paying customers for the time you keep taking from us without proper explaination?
Edited by Tzhaarmejjar on 11/13/2012 1:53 PM PST
It has become necessary to extend today’s regularly scheduled maintenance by approximately two hours. We currently anticipate that realms will become available at 1:00 p.m. PST, though we will revise that estimate if the situation changes. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Why Dad?
90 Orc Shaman
Ty for the heads up! Guess I don't have to take an early lunch today =)
90 Human Warrior
11/13/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Sarenn
It has become necessary

AHAHAHAHAHAAHA OH WOW

It is necessary. You'll get over it.
85 Tauren Warrior
necessary for who ,there team messing up
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So here's another 2 hours added on top of last weeks. When are we going to start seeing reimbursements for paying not to play every Tuesday (and sometimes other days)

Extended again...last time in 09 when maintenance was extended to 7 p.m. we were awarded a day of play time. Let's hope and see!

I almost wish I had booked my college classes so i didn't have Tuesday off. I'm doin a whole lot of sittin' around lately...
Edited by Pallyberry on 11/13/2012 1:06 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
great !!!. i just want to know when yall decide to give us some extra game time for all these down times we been having as of late . last time i seen any free time was back in 2009 . and this is worse than that .
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]