Extended Maintenance - 11/13

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
Just say that maintenance will take 23 hours. Then when you get done "early", people will be happy.
100 Gnome Rogue
great, you bring servers up earlier than u said and now i missed the Galleon spawn.

the things i wanna curse right now.......
100 Dwarf Warrior
He is only one monkey. That is insufficient.
90 Worgen Death Knight
server are every body S T FU and go play
90 Night Elf Druid
It's alive!!!!!! finally
90 Human Paladin
Regardless of what time of what day they decide to do this maintenance. Most of you people who complain about how long this maintenance will take, will still whine about it and complain about their money is going to waste for just a few hours of game play. Whats next you guys complain that that you want your money back for the time you go to sleep? Seriously guys? Get a grip on reality here and just face the fact that Blizz has been doing this for a very long time and they know what they are doing and they are doing it so you guys don't have other stuff to complain about if the servers were up and people get DCed all the time
90 Night Elf Hunter
and it's now up!
100 Worgen Druid
great, you bring servers up earlier than u said and now i missed the Galleon spawn.

the things i wanna curse right now.......

Here we are ladies and gentlemen, the proof that it matters not what Blizzard does.

They, as a company, are perpetually screwed. I wonder how painful it must be all these years being stuck between a rock and raging entitlement issues.

The servers are back online, an hour'ish earlier than the most recent estimate, and this fine example of humanity decides to find something else to complain about.

We have a winner.
90 Worgen Death Knight
11/13/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Crimpson
Regardless of what time of what day they decide to do this maintenance. Most of you people who complain about how long this maintenance will take, will still whine about it and complain about their money is going to waste for just a few hours of game play. Whats next you guys complain that that you want your money back for the time you go to sleep? Seriously guys? Get a grip on reality here and just face the fact that Blizz has been doing this for a very long time and they know what they are doing and they are doing it so you guys don't have other stuff to complain about if the servers were up and people get DCed all the time
OH SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!
If youre going to decide to extend, then STICK TO IT! when you decide to spawn rares like Galleon RIGHT AT RESET but dont keep your word when servers are up, you spit in our faces.
87 Human Mage
Yes but say it before hand don't come out right before the servers are going to come up and say o by the way we are going to push the time back even farther because we screwed up something. I have worked retail all my life and i would never tell people that i would be out of business. I would help them find a better product that makes them happy this thing that blizzards doing is pissing off all its subscribers to me that's bad business
86 Undead Warlock
wow this thread grew fast.
100 Worgen Druid
@Direbane
True enough. Really should learn to avoid the forums. (=.=)

No no, don't do that.

The forums would be amiss without people like you to beat over the head the nits that can't see beyond their own two feet.
90 Human Warrior
You guys are !@#$%ing that it's up early? WAT
90 Worgen Mage
i just killed sha and galleon, why are you guys posting when you can be playing lol, was it just a fluke i was able to get in o.o?
Edited by Creedanse on 11/13/2012 2:20 PM PST
90 Troll Hunter
All they do is send us to this !@#$ %^- thread, and then don't respond to anything.
100 Undead Rogue
Further thinking made me edit this a bit more.

Folks they aren't extending maintenance for no reason it's because there are things that came up which have resulted in them needing to take more time to do their work. Because they are taking the extra time to work on everything that means a more stable and therefore more enjoyable game play for everyone. I understand this and hope you can to.

Someone else pointed out that they probably know they're not going to finish on time long before the estimated completion time rolls around, yet they never announce that maintenance is being extended until the original time elapses.

Particularly since they do this every week, they should have an idea how long this stuff takes and be able to tell when things are going well and when they're running into problems that will cause delays. If I'm driving to work, and I get halfway there and run into near-standstill traffic - I know right then that I'm probably not going to make it on time. Sure, my boss will figure it out when I don't show up until a quarter after, but I do have the ability to call and give him a heads up.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]