Extended Maintenance - 11/13

(Locked)

90 Tauren Shaman
You know Direbane, for an Alliance, you ain't half bad. <3
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Although extended maintenance is inconvenient, it is a necessary inconvenience. I'm happy when the game is as error free as possible. Keep up the good work Blizzard.
90 Worgen Druid
You know Direbane, for an Alliance, you ain't half bad. <3

Haha, thank you.

For a Horde you aren't either. You are a cow though, which means you smell funny.

Though I'm a vegetarian, so at least I wont be trying to turn you into dinner! ;p
Servers still down?
90 Worgen Druid
11/13/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Ripd
Servers still down?

No.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Reading this thread is hilarious....."amg servers still down" says american (most likely)

now when australians complain they do early maintainence "dude who cares, you're the minority, and either way blizz has to do this so suck it up and go outside see the sun" says american again....however early maintainance here makes it night time...so sun is gone ;p

so here i say this; GO OUT AND SEE THE SUN!
85 Worgen Druid
Dammit...

Week after week...

Extended again...

If you folks can't get the job done on time, then start earlier and end at the same time as advertised.

If this keeps happening every week, it's about time Blizzard starts refunding lost game-time.

1 full day's worth of game-credit per month that you people keep extending maintenance weekly and having the servers all shut down...

Either that or get the job done within the time-frame you post and that's it. Crack the whip on your employees and make them live up to their promises that get posted the first time, every time.

Seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended Maintenance.

Over the course of the years of gaming in WoW, Blizzard has extended maintenance time and time again...

Taking into account that you perform extended maintenance at least twice a month every month, that means paying customers are losing, on average, 48 hours a month of their paid subscriptions.

This amounts to 24 days a year of lost subscription time.

So, by paying 12 months of subscriptions, we actually are only getting 11 months and 6 days.

The rest of that additional months time is just gone.

I think it's time Blizzard starts either getting their job done on time, every time, or start paying us back for our lost time.

Now some of you will say... "But it's only a couple of hours."

While, at the time, that may very well be true, but then if you look at the bigger picture, that statement is very untrue.

24 days of lost time is hardly a "couple of hours".

So, let's talk reimbursement.

How about it Blizzard?

Will you start finishing on time, or are you going to start giving back to your paying customers for the time you keep taking from us without proper explaination?

Dang, I don't think I have enough cheese for all the whine your brought...
90 Gnome Death Knight
Maybe maintenance days should just consistently be announced as lasting from 3AM PST until 5PM PST - and then if they finish early, they finish early.

Much better to over-perform and finish early, than to extend maintenance and rile up those that are easily upset.
Edited by Rattleskirt on 11/13/2012 3:36 PM PST
90 Undead Death Knight
Wow, some of you guys are a little brutal with the issue. I just chilled and played Resident Evil 6 with the lights out. Was pretty fun really. What do you guys typically do when you are waiting for the server to come back up?
90 Human Paladin
[quote]
Taking into account that you perform extended maintenance at least twice a month every month, that means paying customers are losing, on average, 48 hours a month of their paid subscriptions.

That's a pretty bold accusation. I'm pretty certain that they do not do extended maintenance twice a month every month. I don't think you could prove that. Has it been happening more often as of late? Yes, it has. Do they need to fix whatever is causing them to extend the maintenance? Absolutely. However saying that it happens every month at least twice month is an overstatement and untrue.
90 Worgen Druid
11/13/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Afanasi
Wow, some of you guys are a little brutal with the issue. I just chilled and played Resident Evil 6 with the lights out. Was pretty fun really. What do you guys typically do when you are waiting for the server to come back up?

I fed on some of the rage here a bit, played with my cat, caught up on national news, and watched a bit of Stargate. Was a good time to be had by all!
2 Human Warlock
Many of people in this thread don't understand how the real world works or how the word estimate works. More people and more money does not mean something will get done faster. There is only room for so many people to work on any project at one time before you start running into diminishing returns. (yes that is right this isn't just an in game term)

It is funny to read peoples exaggerations about how often this happens too, up until recently we've only had a few rolling restarts. Get over it, unexpected problems are unexpected.
90 Night Elf Druid
Reading this thread is hilarious....."amg servers still down" says american (most likely)

now when australians complain they do early maintainence "dude who cares, you're the minority, and either way blizz has to do this so suck it up and go outside see the sun" says american again....however early maintainance here makes it night time...so sun is gone ;p

so here i say this; GO OUT AND SEE THE SUN!
Why does it always come down to pitting Americans against the world? All people everywhere complain. Nationality is irrelevant.
90 Night Elf Druid
Nerd time:

"Systems online. All cores operating at peak efficiency."
44 Worgen Mage
OMG REIMBURSEMENTS

$15/month
30 days in a month
.50 cents a day
24 hours in a day
~.02 cents an hour

OMG I HAVE POTENTIALLY BEEN CHARGED LITERALLY SEVERALS OF PENNIES FOR A SERVICE I DID NOT RECEIVE EVEN THOUGH I AGREED TO THIS

Thanks for the laughs.
90 Worgen Hunter
While waiting for the servers to come up I tried play another MMO and had to wait an hour for a massive download.

Since then I have been playing another famous game. But before I could do that, I had to wait for a huge update to apply.

/sigh
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's now 5:40 PST 11/13/2012 and I still can't log in.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
That sucks
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
KITTY CAT FARTS RAINBOWS BUTTERFLIES AND BUNNYS!!! ... will be frozen in eternal death ravaged by hatred and spreading disease...killing themselves in the process...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]