Extended Maintenance - 11/13

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well... that ends the thread on a light and happy note... my job here is done o.O or is it? DUNH DUNH DUNHHHHHHH
crz maintenance and how your servers are lagging more than stuttering stanly? get ur !@#$ together. blizzard has honestly been pathetic lately.
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Can you guys help me here ? Where does it promise we can play 24 hours a day 7 days a week 52 weeks a year ? I really would like to find that piece of info. It must be there somewhere, please ?
90 Undead Rogue
when will the phone servers be up
Dammit...

Week after week...

Extended again...

If you folks can't get the job done on time, then start earlier and end at the same time as advertised.

If this keeps happening every week, it's about time Blizzard starts refunding lost game-time.

1 full day's worth of game-credit per month that you people keep extending maintenance weekly and having the servers all shut down...

Either that or get the job done within the time-frame you post and that's it. Crack the whip on your employees and make them live up to their promises that get posted the first time, every time.

Seriously.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extended Maintenance.

Over the course of the years of gaming in WoW, Blizzard has extended maintenance time and time again...

Taking into account that you perform extended maintenance at least twice a month every month, that means paying customers are losing, on average, 48 hours a month of their paid subscriptions.

This amounts to 24 days a year of lost subscription time.

So, by paying 12 months of subscriptions, we actually are only getting 11 months and 6 days.

The rest of that additional months time is just gone.

I think it's time Blizzard starts either getting their job done on time, every time, or start paying us back for our lost time.

Now some of you will say... "But it's only a couple of hours."

While, at the time, that may very well be true, but then if you look at the bigger picture, that statement is very untrue.

24 days of lost time is hardly a "couple of hours".

So, let's talk reimbursement.

How about it Blizzard?

Will you start finishing on time, or are you going to start giving back to your paying customers for the time you keep taking from us without proper explaination?
This made me giggle. Things happen, someone pushes insert cell instead of insert row and something bad happens. Tell me more about how something was ever done when it was said to be done. I've had plenty of experience of delays. Ever had a delayed flight? Ever had a delayed meal? Nothing is perfect. Please learn that.
90 Human Priest
Right all day maintenance and for what? all i see is some pathetic raid boss Hot fixes. Wow....
90 Troll Druid
Seems to me when the maintenance started at 3am PST they rarely got extended past the 8 hour window. Correct me if I'm wrong on that tho.
90 Gnome Warlock
Adding my support for Blizzard (and Dax and Zarhym).

More pew-pew, less QQ

People, IT'S A FRICKIN' GAME! Get a life. Go outside for once.

I've been playing since Dec 2005. I remember Monday maintenance (EVERY WEEK) and I also remember Blizzard listened to their player base and moved maintenance to Tuesday. I remember when Blizzard first did rolling restarts. Wow, we had more time to play, but never did I feel that we were entitled to more play time.

What I don't recall is reading anything that states the players are entitled to 100% up-time or any amount of specific up-time.

Maybe Blizzard should bring the servers down every Tuesday for 24 hours regardless of any required maintenance.

http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-World-of-Warcraft-Maintenance-Day
Dammit...

Week after week...

Extended again...

If you folks can't get the job done on time, then start earlier and end at the same time as advertised.

If this keeps happening every week, it's about time Blizzard starts refunding lost game-time.

1 full day's worth of game-credit per month that you people keep extending maintenance weekly and having the servers all shut down...

Either that or get the job done within the time-frame you post and that's it. Crack the whip on your employees and make them live up to their promises that get posted the first time, every time.

Seriously.

Edit:

Extended Maintenance.

Over the course of the years of gaming in WoW, Blizzard has extended maintenance time and time again...

Taking into account that you perform extended maintenance at least twice a month every month, that means paying customers are losing, on average, 48 hours a month of their paid subscriptions.

This amounts to 24 days a year of lost subscription time.

So, by paying 12 months of subscriptions, we actually are only getting 11 months and 6 days.

The rest of that additional months time is just gone.

I think it's time Blizzard starts either getting their job done on time, every time, or start paying us back for our lost time.

Now some of you will say... "But it's only a couple of hours."

While, at the time, that may very well be true, but then if you look at the bigger picture, that statement is very untrue.

24 days of lost time is hardly a "couple of hours".

So, let's talk reimbursement.

How about it Blizzard?

Will you start finishing on time, or are you going to start giving back to your paying customers for the time you keep taking from us without proper explaination?

This idea of reimbursement seems kinda flawed. You pay for 30 days, but you aren't actually playing for 720 hours, and you don't complain about not getting reimbursed for that time you aren't playing while either sleeping, working, or doing other activities. So because a few people can't play during maintenance when they have free time, Blizzard should reimburse everyone? Even the people that wouldn't be playing during that time anyway? Guess they should just go ftp
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good to see that EU maintenance finished ahead of schedule...
90 Gnome Mage
People who complain about maintenance these days have NO CLUE what the first two years in game were like and should just shut up and be thankful that maintenance days are relatively painless and short.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Truth be told, my only problem with maintenance, is that persistent bugs DON'T get fixed. The pulling bug on Faction Champs in HToC, the combat bug, zone phasing bugs with CRZ to name only a few. None of them have ever been fixed with all of the extended maint. If bugs actually got fixed, I wouldn't have a problem, as it stands they don't. Bugged content should never be released in the first place, that's what beta is for, especially when its a PtP game.
90 Goblin Warrior
Take ur time with maintenance, I wanna have a smooth game experience.
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Warrior
I came home and saw an extended maintenance sticky and got my hopes up for 5.1.

/sigh
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]