Extended Maintenance - 11/13

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
If I called my boss at 11:29AM to tell him I would'nt be there until 1PM when my shift started at 11AM, I would be fired. The first time. Especially if I was paid for the time in advance. This needs to stop happening.. It is unacceptable.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! HOW DARE YOU PUSH BACK ME LOGGING IN FOR 5 MINUTES TO COLLECT COINS AND BE BORED TILL WAY LATER THIS NIGHT FOR RAIDING. I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS.

UN-UNHAPPY SUBSCRIBER GETTING MY SUB ON TO YELL AT THINGS AND STUFF!!!!!

Pretty much how every thread like this turns into lmao
90 Human Warrior
It is necessary. You'll get over it.

Okay, show me how it is necessary, please?

So the servers don't go down the toilet? You're not going to get the answer you want even if it wasn't me.

Isn't it possible to do maintenance 2-3 times a week for 1-2 hours instead of 1 day a week for 8?

Some of us work 3rd shift this constant extension as of late means we don't get to play at all on tuesdays...

Some don't work at all some work 1st shift some do this some do that and this.
Edited by Lorthuron on 11/13/2012 11:40 AM PST
88 Draenei Shaman
I understand that this may have been impossible to predict, but I would like to voice my opinion on the issue of extended maintenance (especially because it's highly inconvenient for us EST players). I would much rather be told that the original maintenance would end at 1pm EST and then be informed that maintenance ended early, as opposed to having the maintenance continuously extended.
100 Human Mage
Blizzard tech at its finest.

Phttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

Someone posted this on the other thread, halarious video lol
90 Undead Warrior
This is what happens when you lay off staff to save money, customer service suffers.
90 Orc Hunter
seriously ppl, you act like the extension is a new thing, they do it all the time. i never expect the realms to be up on time after restarts, maintenances, and xpacs.
90 Pandaren Hunter
It has become necessary to extend today’s regularly scheduled maintenance by approximately two hours. We currently anticipate that realms will become available at 1:00 p.m. PST, though we will revise that estimate if the situation changes.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Tell us the truth. This extension is to try to push us into Diablo 3. Nah, that game BLOWS.
Edited by Buu on 11/13/2012 11:40 AM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
they dont care if u can play they care about there money thats it
90 Human Paladin
and we dont get nothing from blizzard, we pay for playing not for waiting, time is money, each tuesday we wait 4, 5 or 6 hour in a year or 2, 3, 4 or 5 its a lot a money we give for nothing and we receive the same from blizzard, nothing.
90 Worgen Priest
Dammit...

Week after week...

Extended again...

If you folks can't get the job done on time, then start earlier and end at the same time as advertised.

If this keeps happening every week, it's about time Blizzard starts refunding lost game-time.

1 full day's worth of game-credit per month that you people keep extending maintenance weekly and having the servers all shut down...

Either that or get the job done within the time-frame you post and that's it. Crack the whip on your employees and make them live up to their promises that get posted the first time, every time.

Seriously.

Tell us how you really feel...
90 Undead Rogue
I'm gonna go do cardio peace out
90 Undead Rogue
I think the extended maintenance is okay, but..

Why aren't we told beforehand when it is going to be extended? For example, if it is supposed to end at 11 PST, why aren't we told around 10?

I think they would know when it is going to take longer than expected. Why aren't we told when it is going to happen sooner than it actually does? This would help the players be a lot more aware of what is going on.

Ending at 11 PST then suddenly jumping to 1 PST does not happen out of nowhere, I feel as if Blizzard knows when it is going to be extended. It would be nice if this information got to us sooner.
100 Human Mage
11/13/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Webejammin
2 weeks in a row having to extend it, sigh... come on guys

^^ seriously
11/13/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Zûldin
I understand that this may have been impossible to predict, but I would like to voice my opinion on the issue of extended maintenance (especially because it's highly inconvenient for us EST players). I would much rather be told that the original maintenance would end at 1pm EST and then be informed that maintenance ended early, as opposed to having the maintenance continuously extended.

My problem isn't that downtime has to be occasionally extended -- no one is perfect and stuff happens once in a while to everyone. My problem is that this happens way too frequently.
90 Orc Warrior
11/13/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Pallyberry
So here's another 2 hours added on top of last weeks. When are we going to start seeing reimbursements for paying not to play every Tuesday (and sometimes other days)
90 Orc Warlock
really dont understand why they dont just do maitenance earlier... realms go down in the middle of the night/early morning... why not bring them down a few hours early since not many players are online anyway -_-

don't understand blizz logic
11/13/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Maldonix
You people complain too much. Go do something else in the mean time.

Like complain about complainers.

Like complain about complainers complaining about complainers.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]