Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

Community Manager
We’ve applied a hotfix to resolve an issue where players in Raid Finder were being saved as having killed a boss after a wipe in Heart of Fear. The hotfix is active and doesn't require a rolling restart to take effect. Heart of Fear is now safe for your Raid Finder adventuring needs.

For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Good stuff, means i can run it tonight =) Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
That was fast. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/13/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Rygarius
For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can.

Just give everyone a free Elder Charm. :) Easy solution.
Edited by Llamasham on 11/13/2012 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Does the solution only affect people who killed the bosses or also the people were just locked incorrectly? I wiped and didn't kill a boss and got saved apparently. Am I now unsaved and can go safely or do I need to wait for a solution?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
So wait. Do people get another shot at the bosses this week? If we already went but encountered the bug? Or do we have to wait til next week?

Perhaps just a reset to LFR if this is possible? I know this could cause the issue of people who didn't encounter the bug to acquire more gear. It would at least give some players incentive to try the bosses again. Since lets face it those bosses are a little mean in LFR learning curve wise.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/13/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Llamasham
For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can.

im sorry thats a terrible idea. you want me to get a coin when i lost tier gloves?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/13/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Stormheals
Does the solution only affect people who killed the bosses or also the people were just locked incorrectly? I wiped and didn't kill a boss and got saved apparently. Am I now unsaved and can go safely or do I need to wait for a solution?

This does not affect those that killed a boss and got loot. The hotfix was to correct an issue where players got saved when a boss resets; like after a wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/13/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Herculator

im sorry thats a terrible idea. you want me to get a coin when i lost tier gloves?

Be glad you're getting anything at all. They aren't required to compensate you.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/13/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Llamasham

That doesn't actually fix the problem, the charm won't be usable on the improperly saved boss/bosses and not to mention that is one possible loot roll versus one definite loot roll and one possible loot roll.

Obviously giving everyone loot is out of the question but perhaps those that were improperly locked could have the boss locks removed. Honestly that seems like it is the best option to me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I got hit by this bug and then killed the bugged boss in another group and got no loot. I really hope I get a chance to actually roll on loot for that boss.

11/13/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Kotosuatz

That doesn't actually fix the problem, the charm won't be usable on the improperly saved boss/bosses and not to mention that is one possible loot roll versus one definite loot roll and one possible loot roll.

Obviously giving everyone loot is out of the question but perhaps those that were improperly locked could have the boss locks removed. Honestly that seems like it is the best option to me.

Oh, and I'm guessing you didn't know this, but you can use an elder charm to roll each time you kill the boss, even if you've already done an extra roll that week. You just have to join a new lfr group and kill him again.
Edited by Abjuration on 11/13/2012 8:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i really hope us players that wanted to do the new content asap dont get screw out of gear for a week because we were the ones who discovered your bug.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Be glad you're getting anything at all. They aren't required to compensate you.

oh right, i know when i pay for a service, i like to not get anything in return. and when i get wronged, i like there to be no compensation too.

you think this would fly in any other business?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/13/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Rygarius
For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Is it possible to scan the logs and pull up all players whom killed bosses in LFR's Hear to Fear Part 2 instance and reset those players lockouts? Likewise, could you scan the logs and see loot rolls and token rolls as well? I'm sure those are recorded as well, but awarding loot isn't always the most viable option.

And just to make it simple as to what I'm suggesting: Reset the LFR lockouts for all players who killed any boss in LFR HOF Part2. Do not award loot. Do not award Charm tokens. Just reset the lockout.

Another lockout for loot is not a big deal, but this way players can't complain about "receiving the wrong item."
Edited by Cyous on 11/13/2012 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
This fix didn't work, I'm still saved to the Amber Shaper Boss even tho I've yet to kill it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just mail them all 28g and 50s.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I was one of those that didn't receive loot on Un'Sok in HoF. We wiped at 1 per cent left :( and then on the second attempt we killed him. But it said I wasn't allowed to loot since I had already killed him which wasn't possible since he just was released today for LFR. Do I make a ticket for this or do you already know which players this happened too? Please advise.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/13/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Renotarshil
This fix didn't work, I'm still saved to the Amber Shaper Boss even tho I've yet to kill it.

Because they didn't fix that yet; hence ::

11/13/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Rygarius
This does not affect those that killed a boss and got loot. The hotfix was to correct an issue where players got saved when a boss resets; like after a wipe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]