Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

90 Goblin Shaman
11/13/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Dulcet
Just mail them all 28g and 50s.

roflol someone suggested to give a charm i was going to say why bother? Just post the 28g 50s :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/13/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Renotarshil
This fix didn't work, I'm still saved to the Amber Shaper Boss even tho I've yet to kill it.

The fix was made to the bug that was actually presaving people.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I feel for you. I cleared LFR part 2 without knowing of the bug. Was really really lucky on Unsok, had a clear with only a few dying dps left.

I hope Blizzard has mercy on those affected.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
This fix didn't work, I'm still saved to the Amber Shaper Boss even tho I've yet to kill it.

Because they didn't fix that yet; hence ::

This does not affect those that killed a boss and got loot. The hotfix was to correct an issue where players got saved when a boss resets; like after a wipe.

You didn't read, I haven't killed the Boss because we wiped repeatedly and I'm still saved to it. According to that, it should have fixed itself but didn't.
Edited by Renotarshil on 11/13/2012 8:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
11/13/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Renotarshil

Same here- for two bosses.

Being saved to 2 bosses I didn't even down is kind of an issue.
Edited by Jujubiju on 11/13/2012 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I missed out on the shoulders off of amber shaper. I got into an lfr that was 1/6, we wiped on him a few times, finally killed him and it said "You'd have gotten these shoulders but you're not eligible."

Screenshotted it, cruddy :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
ok i;m confused i didn't kill amber boss yet it still saved as i looted it when all i done is wipe on it all day? does this mean i dont; get loot this boss this week if i do kill it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/13/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Renotarshil
You didn't read, I haven't killed the Boss because we wiped repeatedly and I'm still saved to it. According to that, it should have fixed itself but didn't.

OH my mistake, could require a server restart I guess.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Well i cant wait to see what you guys do because I was supposed to get a tier token here. So just giving me an elder coin would not make me happy at all.
Edited by Neomorpheôus on 11/13/2012 8:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
What about the people who managed to kill the boss, that would've been awarded loot but it says they were ineligable for said loot because of this bug.

EG: I won Monstrous Stompers from un'sok but wasn't awarded it because our group had wiped a few times thus since the bug was apparent it saved me to loot causing me to be ineligable for something i normally should've been awarded
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
maybe remove the lock that was added and let us kill him again?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Killing the boss again doesnt guaruntee the people that where supposed to get gear, get the gear again. They should scan the logs, thats what the logs are for and give back the people the gear they where supposed to get.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/13/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Neomorpheôus
Killing the boss again doesnt guaruntee the people that where supposed to get gear, get the gear again. They should scan the logs, thats what the logs are for and give back the people the gear they where supposed to get.

But we could've gotten gold as well. We're not guaranteed gear. Unless you mean just the people who seriously had something pop up but the game refused to give it to you. If so then I'm sorry. Sleepy while trying to help ^^;

A second chance would be nice at least kill wise. Even if some players end up with gold which could've been what they won before but were denied.

Rambling a little so I think I'm stating the obvious lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What about the people who managed to kill the boss, that would've been awarded loot but it says they were ineligable for said loot because of this bug.

EG: I won Monstrous Stompers from un'sok but wasn't awarded it because our group had wiped a few times thus since the bug was apparent it saved me to loot causing me to be ineligable for something i normally should've been awarded

I would have won Scimitar of Seven Stars Blizz should do the right thing and send us the item we would have received. After a 10 hour maintenance, then this happening after actually winning something is a major bummer.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/13/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Abjuration
Oh, and I'm guessing you didn't know this, but you can use an elder charm to roll each time you kill the boss, even if you've already done an extra roll that week. You just have to join a new lfr group and kill him again.

I did not know that was still happening. Last time I had heard of that was awhile ago and I thought it was a bug and had been fixed. Guess its working as intended.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Thats exactly what I am talking about I had tier token drop for legs and said i was not eligible because I had already killed the boss.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Paladin

Be glad you're getting anything at all. They aren't required to compensate you.

oh right, i know when i pay for a service, i like to not get anything in return. and when i get wronged, i like there to be no compensation too.

you think this would fly in any other business?

You realize the only thing you pay for is realm access right? Compensation is an idea to make up for mistakes, but has never been anything required by a company. It's an offer from the company not something you demand and receive
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/13/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Renotarshil

The hotfix prevents more people from being saved incorrectly when a boss resets. For players already saved, we're still exploring what we can do and will provide an update as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/13/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Neomorpheôus
Thats exactly what I am talking about I had tier token drop for legs and said i was not eligible because I had already killed the boss.

Gotcha okay. I thought for a second you meant just give everybody a free piece of loot even if they didn't really have any loot pop up. My bad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Good outcome: Logs are reviewed, players get their item and bags of gold
Expected outcome: Lock removed. Players get to try again.
Bad outcome: No action. Try again next week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]