Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

90 Blood Elf Paladin
The idea of the 2 charms for people who didn't win loot sounds good. Like I said before the whole concept of giving me a coin with a chance at giving me gear I have already won on in place of the gear I actually won makes me feel cheated. I realize LFR loot isn't really something to cry over and you can use the coins on all modes, but I would still feel a whole lot better if I got the gear I won, but couldn't have due to the bug. I am glad they are giving us something though...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
11/15/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Chelovek
Currently re-running heart of fear so I can use my coins to get some crap gold! Woooooo. This game used to be fun.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/971/Sohardcore.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
All the people who are complaining, surely you realise that blizz simply has no way to track the loot you didn't actually get? I'm sure if they could have given you it they would have.

Anyway, the coins are better in alot of respects. You can use them on any boss you want to get better items (even sha/galleon for a chance at a mount), and even on bosses that drop higher ilvl gear than what lfr drops (normals/heroics and world bosses).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, I did the LFR just a little bit after servers came up and lost gear due to this bug, but I have not received any coins yet?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I got two elder charms added to my currency tab, and an amber bag of gold and the gold i got from spending my coin on the saved boss in the mail.

I appreciate this myself, but definitely feel for the people that saw loot in the denied box.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
All the people who are complaining, surely you realise that blizz simply has no way to track the loot you didn't actually get? I'm sure if they could have given you it they would have.

Anyway, the coins are better in alot of respects. You can use them on any boss you want to get better items (even sha/galleon for a chance at a mount), and even on bosses that drop higher ilvl gear than what lfr drops (normals/heroics and world bosses).

Again, post a blue post saying they have no way to track the loot.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I just got this response to my second ticket:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment in-game support.

I apologize for the confusion that may have been caused by the previous reponse sent to you. The Hotfix that was applied will only cause it not to happen going forward. However, there is no way to reset a saved raid until server resets, so it will remain locked until that time. I know that is incovenient,but at this time we cannot change it.

I have checked the game logs and verified that you should have received some loot. However, when a player is determined ineligible for loot, no logs are created for that player showing items that have dropped, so we can't verify what was supposed to be received. Undistributed loot can only be sent out using these logs, we cannot create any loot that is not showing as being dropped. So unfortunately, even with a screen shot, we are not able to send this loot.

What we can do is send out what we know that all players should have received. I have gone ahead and sent you the 28 Gold and 50 Silver that should have been rewarded to you in the mail.

I know that this is not ideal, but I hope that this has been somewhat helpful, and I apologize for any inconvenience that was caused.

Sincerely,
Game Master __________
Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
us.battle.net/support

Basically there are logs for items that drop and are eligible to be looted, but items that are ineligible don't get logged. I understand why they went about this route, as pictures can be shopped but it still sucks for those of us that have won something legitimately. I'm not happy with the 28g and 2 charms instead of the pants that I would have won, because I have terrible luck with drops and that is likely the last time I will see them for a few months.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Also. The bug is still happening. A friend of mine just got the error on Garalon after wiping and then killing the boss. It happening to my alt a few hours ago when I left an in progress wipe fest and came back later and killed the boss. For something that was 'hotfixed' this is a bit silly.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
wow so I just got mailed a bag of gold from a GM instead of any tokens. I was only saved to amber shaper, I don't think it was that hard of a concept to understand. Honestly, I don't want the gold bag, you can take it back. I had to blow a token on amber shaper to get anything (dagger), so I kind of would like a token back as I would have won a belt also but was saved.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It doesn't matter I guess. We were told we were getting coins, and half of us didn't. I'm going to assume we won't have a blue reply for another day or so.

If we do get one, we'll get a "we're looking into the issue" reply.

Not trying to be snotty, just extremely irritated. I would've rather not been told about the 2 coin compensation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have checked the game logs and verified that you should have received some loot. However, when a player is determined ineligible for loot, no logs are created for that player showing items that have dropped, so we can't verify what was supposed to be received. Undistributed loot can only be sent out using these logs, we cannot create any loot that is not showing as being dropped. So unfortunately, even with a screen shot, we are not able to send this loot.

What we can do is send out what we know that all players should have received. I have gone ahead and sent you the 28 Gold and 50 Silver that should have been rewarded to you in the mail.

I know that this is not ideal, but I hope that this has been somewhat helpful, and I apologize for any inconvenience that was caused.

Sincerely,
Game Master __________
Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
us.battle.net/support

Basically there are logs for items that drop and are eligible to be looted, but items that are ineligible don't get logged. I understand why they went about this route, as pictures can be shopped but it still sucks for those of us that have won something legitimately. I'm not happy with the 28g and 2 charms instead of the pants that I would have won, because I have terrible luck with drops and that is likely the last time I will see them for a few months.

This is what I got as a reply minus the gold sent. I also lost my legs and I feel for you. /hugs hehe
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
11/15/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Rygarius
I have an update for characters that experienced this issue. Those characters have been given two Elder Charms of Good Fortune. Those charms will be added the next time those characters login.

Thanks for doing something about this, much appreciated.

Edit: As several above me, I haven't yet received compensation for being flagged for the kill without killing the boss. Even shows in achievements that he wasn't downed.
Edited by Alkyhaul on 11/15/2012 5:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Has anyone who not kill Amber-Shaper but got locked out of loot get coins?
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Rogue
What I want to know is what the point of the watermarks are if you can't even use screenshots as proof.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]