Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

86 Gnome Mage
Provided I am eventually awarded what I won and am not handed a "sorry, we can't give out loot because that would require effort."
Reply Quote
they should be reimbursed if they were eligible but did not receive even if it takes a few weeks to sort out the business end of the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Good outcome: Logs are reviewed, players get their item and bags of gold
Expected outcome: Lock removed. Players get to try again.
Bad outcome: No action. Try again next week.

I would change the good to great the expected to good and the bad to expected myself.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm being told by a GM that there are no personal loot logs until the item is actually looted - therefore, since the item could not be looted, there is no log of it. As a result, it cannot be verified. He also confirmed that a screenshot is not acceptable evidence.

Sounds like we're definitely going to get screwed, again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/13/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Jehfee

Eh at least the issue was mostly solved in a quick manner. I thought it would take them longer to be honest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm being told by a GM that there are no personal loot logs until the item is actually looted - therefore, since the item could not be looted, there is no log of it. As a result, it cannot be verified. He also confirmed that a screenshot is not acceptable evidence.

If true, its probable that the best outcome will be an unlock so you're no longer saved. Which is probably a great outcome to people who did not win anything.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Why would the game even show you loot that you had no way of claiming?

I'm trying to picture a scenario where (when this is working correctly) someone runs LFR for a second time in the same week - and would WANT to see what they WOULD'VE won...
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
As previously mentioned, I believe the simplest situation would be to provide ONE elder charm for an extra chance at loot next time around.

Not that it effects me at all...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The item that we would have received if the bug hadn't happened must be reimbursed to those effected. No other solution is acceptable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I spoke to customer service on the phone and they said the game keeps log of everything. The GM is feeding you a story. And a screenshot would be a perfect solution as they know that you have a kill on the boss the same reasons you are locked out after you kill a boss so if you have only killed a boss once and provide a screen shot of you not getting the bc you are not eligible it came be simply resolved. If in fact there is no log.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Someday the LFR/RNG gods might seem fit to bless me with more gear to actually kick me up towards the 270 entrance ilvl. Until then, I guess those of us that don't do dailies are screwed. ):
Edited by Rhyas on 11/13/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
As previously mentioned, I believe the simplest situation would be to provide ONE elder charm for an extra chance at loot next time around.

Not that it effects me at all...

seems like this would be the easiest fix, I'd give my left whatever for a chance at a weapon upgrade about now (amber+coin, empress+coin, elegonlfr+N, Willlfr+N = 8 weapon rolls, screw my luck today)
Reply Quote
95 Orc Death Knight
I got saved on the wipe and when we downed it i rolled and won my shoulders have screen shots to prove it but said i wasnt eligable, even though i won a 1h sword at the same time
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Same, wiped once then got the "you already defeated this encounter" after downing the boss. Disappointing, but at least I know it won't happen next week when I run it again.

I'd certainly be happy if they unlocked the boss so I could run it again this week but I'm not going to cry over spilled milk if they don't.

Thanks Blizz for the fast response to this issue.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I wiped a bunch of times on the amber guy and said I couldn't have anything when we finally killed him :c
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I just killed the second boss in fear in an LFR group and I did not receive my loot I thought this was fixed 49 minutes ago. Not very happy at all I hope a blue is reading this because it is not fixed. I even still have the loot window up at the moment.
Thanks
Edited by Aadda on 11/13/2012 10:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
A GM just sent me the bag of gold even after I said I had not actually killed the boss in raid finder and was told that they can't reset raid locks guess I am screwed out of the chance of getting loot from the boss I am locked to. So if you were affected by the bug expect to get gold and nothing else. Terrible resolution to the problem in my opinion I would be willing to return the gold to actually have the chance to get loot and not be told I must take gold because GM's can not do anything about the actual issue.

This makes the give people a charm suggestion look awesome by comparison
Edited by Kotosuatz on 11/13/2012 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/13/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Herculator
you think this would fly in any other business?

Irrelevant. It's part of the contract you signed upon creating an account, buying the game, and the very same one that you agree to every time you log into game, or post on these forums.

It is the way it is. You're paying for access to the game, not for your loot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
We’ve applied a hotfix to resolve an issue where players in Raid Finder were being saved as having killed a boss after a wipe in Heart of Fear. The hotfix is active and doesn't require a rolling restart to take effect. Heart of Fear is now safe for your Raid Finder adventuring needs.

For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

While I do appreciate the quick fix, I'd like to know if I do the last 2 bosses, will I not be reset if you guys choose to reset the people affected by this? I want a shot at the tier gloves :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]