Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

90 Draenei Paladin
11/13/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Stephroth
i don't know what else to say other then wow, should i still be surprised at this.....?

At this point I would not be surprised if we get a blue post telling us it is working as intended
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Well, To day a guildy had the same problem as the rest of you. Its sad that the verdict is still out on this topic. Devs broke it, Devs should fix it and everything and every one that was effected by it. Because that is unfortunately what they are getting payed to do.... This is a game that people pay to play. As a Business owner, first thing that happens when you produce something faulty is, you keep all your workers there like slaves till it is fix and all affected customers are refunded faulty items for working ones. This is a Easy fix and a no brainier at that.

Unfortunately in raid tonight a GM responded to a guildy with this problem, T14 legs and gloves both dropped and gave the Error

"You are not Eligible for these items because you recently defeated this encounter"

At This there ARE screen shots of the dropped loot for the encounters!

Gm's Response was,
"There was no way they could tell what had dropped, and "HE" could not generate loot for that encounter"

Guildy Response,
"No problem i have screen shots to prove they dropped so where do i send it in?"

Gm's Response was,
"Im sorry, There is still no way they could tell what had dropped, and "HE" could not generate loot for that encounter"

Thus bag of gold was generated and send to his mail box wile in raid....

i don't know what else to say other then wow, should i still be surprised at this.....?

As much as I agree with you... I can see the side from the Gm's standpoint:

Not only does he not have the power on his own to create the items for that encounter... even if said person were to send him screenshots of it there's no way the screenshots prove it was the same fight the glitch happened (an opportunist could just keep running this boss until he got a screenshot of him winning what he wanted... but "he couldn't get it due to the glitch"). I'm not saying that's what your friend did... but from the Gm's stand point there's no way to prove he didn't... or that the screenshots sent aren't fake. Plus there probably isn't a "process" where players can send screenshot for situations in the game (I could be wrong on this... but it doesn't seem likely that they would have).

The Gm most likely didn't have any other options but to just give your friend the gold. He most likely didn't have the authority to do anything else.
Edited by Zinstorm on 11/13/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just give us all 28g since that's what 99% of us would have received anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Yeah i am still sitting here looking at a loot window that has loot I need for my two piece bonus and I can not get it. That is just sickening and I can not beleive this could go LIVE like this, I mean HOW LONG were the servers down today??????? I hope a GM answers my ticket soon seeing that I still have the loot window OPEN. GG blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Question - I know what Item i was supposed to recieve and I put a ticket in for it. Now its not SUPER important as I have a pair of 489 legs and I did win a chest token off Empress which WAS an upgrade, but when Terrace comes out, I'd like to possibly get my 4 piece by either upgrading my helm or shoulders, The item in question was a Leggings of the Shadowy Vanquisher
Reply Quote
well in my activity feed it states that I have 1 Amber-Shaper Un'sok kills (Heart of Fear) 7 hours ago , I assume everyone has this, shouldn't this prove to blizzard about those who screenshot their loot and was not eligible for it? as it only records the actual kill of the boss? and not wiping on boss and having it bug your LFR save?
Edited by Kegrooll on 11/13/2012 11:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Blizzard GM's have a pretty bad policy of not returning lost gear.

I had an issue on my Mage where the loot box screwed up and did not give me the gear that dropped, it gave all the gear to someone else. I had screenshots and chat logs, everything.

After a month of back and forth with several GM's, they still refused to fix the problem.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/13/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Àtômsk
this is complete lies and slander i have had my whole raid finder loot system bugged for the 2nd half of HoF all day, ive been logged out most of the day and it still shows that im inelligible for loot

You're not using slander in the correct context, that is not what that word means. Also, this hotfix does not apply to people who already killed the boss. It did not reset your lock.

Basically, I haven't done LFR at all...if I go in I *should not* suffer this bug. If you go in you'll still be locked because you got the bug before they fixed it.

If you're saying that you did LFR like, RIGHT NOW and the bug still happened....that is a completely different story.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
God i hate this game.... lol. WTB swtor better end game and more HC raider friendly addons

And yet it went free to play because people were bored by the time they finished their single player game in MMOs sheep clothing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/13/2012 11:16 PMPosted by Amberlynh
this is complete lies and slander i have had my whole raid finder loot system bugged for the 2nd half of HoF all day, ive been logged out most of the day and it still shows that im inelligible for loot

You're not using slander in the correct context, that is not what that word means. Also, this hotfix does not apply to people who already killed the boss. It did not reset your lock.

Basically, I haven't done LFR at all...if I go in I *should not* suffer this bug. If you go in you'll still be locked because you got the bug before they fixed it.

If you're saying that you did LFR like, RIGHT NOW and the bug still happened....that is a completely different story.

the point of my comment is, i did LFR, spent a hour wiping on amber shaper and left

now i cant even do it since it saved me to all 3 of them,

so now im out for the entire week with those 3 bosses
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]