Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

90 Tauren Druid
From my understanding, if you haven't gotten charms yet, you aren't getting them. So yeah, Blizz obviously doesn't care.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Would be nice if a CM could pop in to say this is still being looked into. I know GMs are saying it, but here's the thing, they say a lot of things. Everyone's gotten a slightly different response. Most just say to come here to post about it. Tuesday down times get the little updates nearly hourly, I think this too should get a little update that it is still officially being looked at once a day.
Edited by Scourged on 11/19/2012 11:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
So what is the consensus? Can GM's personally fix the issue or not? Every one I talk to keeps telling me they can not fix it personally but that my information has been pushed to the higher ups preparing for a second batch of elder charms being sent out. I'm I just being hushed to get me to stop filing tickets or should I just be patient and wait for the supposed second batch.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I was told by GM Brielizaberi to post on the thread. I was locked out on boss as well. I have turned in elder charms for weeks now. I am not on the list. He could see that I reported the issue the very afternoon that the raid began, but there is absolutely nothing he could do to help me. He can only do his job. But, this isnt right.
Reply Quote
93 Human Warrior
I was affected by this i was not able to loot the 2nd boss of Nightmare of Shek'Zeer and i didn't receive any greater charms. i had put in a ticket for it. i also put in a ticket for not reciving them and i was directed here to see is a dev can resolve it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Same, I got saved to Amber-Shaper after wipes on Tuesday, killed him yesterday, won tier legs but was marked as ineligible, opened a ticket immediately, but here was the reply:

"I am afraid that the Game Master department is unable to verify whether your character was affected by this issue or not, therefore we cannot provide a reimbursement of these Elder Charms of Good Fortune."

I replied asking for a more detailed explanation, if possible, because I don't understand why they could verify some players and couldn't verify others experiencing the same issue. I don't even see how hard it can be to verify, my activity feed on Battle-net says clearly "1 Amber-Shaper Un'sok kills (Heart of Fear)" dated yesterday. So yeah...it doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Back from my 72 hour vacation for using the "F" word once, I can report some news.

It took me 3 tickets to get my coins. The first GM told me "There's nothing here we can do. We can tell you were locked out of loot for your first kill, but we can't confirm why" Which was just laughable.

The 2nd GM I talked to didn't catch me online, and said
"I did investigate as to whether you were eligble, and was unable to find the proper documentation. I apologize for the inconvience. As in game customer service, we do not regulate the policy regarding this, nor are we able to pass complaints to the persons responsible. Please use the suggestion feature or the forums to pass your experieince along so that the proper actions can be reviewed."

The 3rd GM said
First of all, my apologies for not being able to catch up with you live; however, I have checked in to your report of a lost charms.

I have returned the item you requested, you should find your total amount of charms changed by 2.

I would like to apologize for any trouble or inconvenience this has caused and hope you continue to enjoy playing.

The inconsistency here is deplorable. My advice to anyone who still doesn't have your coins: KEEP TRYING. Keep filing those tickets. You eventually will hit the GM that knows the difference between a bug and someone trying to scam.
Reply Quote
97 Blood Elf Paladin
11/15/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Rygarius
I have an update for characters that experienced this issue. Those characters have been given two Elder Charms of Good Fortune. Those charms will be added the next time those characters login.

I lost a boot on the 4th boss because of the issue, and still didn`t get my elder charms, which BTW is a ridiculous fix but it`s better than nothing.
Edited by Ancalimon on 11/19/2012 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/19/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Darkelite
still silent on this thread. They are attempting to sweep it under the rug. Really surprised they have not locked or deleted this thread yet

Because it is easier to ignore one thread than the 15 that would pop up if this one were to be locked
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I keep putting tickets in just to keep getting updates. Good news is nobody is out-out saying that we wont get our loot eventually. Bad news is really no new information yet.

My Ticket

Earlier this week I was in LFR, and like many people I got saved to a boss after a wipe. Once we did finally down the boss, I "Won" a loot roll and saw that I was inelgible for "Un'sok's Amber Scalpel"I saw, and received the 2 charms fix. My question is that is the only thing being looked at. Is there anything being done for those of us who won loot, but where unable to claim it. This drop is huge for me, as my first lfr weapon, and just want to know if item restoration is being looked at.

Response

Hey!I received your ticket about the LFR you were in. I actually have some good news about this! I was able to confirm that our Dev and Quality Assurance teams are actually aware of this. I don’t have an ETA on when this might be resolved, but I can assure you that we are working on a resolution as quickly as possible. I also cannot confirm how this will be resolved so I cannot guarantee you will recieve an item. I’ve gone ahead and added all of the information you provided here to the report that we have on this. Hopefully, this added info may give them another perspective on finding a resolution faster! ;)A good place to find updates on bugs in the game and when a fix might be implemented is our forums, which can be found at (<http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/forums/>)Hope your day gets better!Game Master BarinstraleBlizzard Entertainment

Additional ticket 2 days later

afternoon, so like many others was affected by the LFR issues. However like a distinct few, I actually "Won" Un'sok's Amber Scalpel, but was then inelgible. I've got the 2 charms already. but was advised that there is a potential addressing of people in my situation being considered. Forums have no details, so was wonderign what was happening. is there a potential restoration/allocation of loot being planned. any timelines?

Response to this one.

Howdy!Thanks for your contact today.All of the information we have is actually what's already been posted on the forums, in the vein of transparency. I wish we had timelines to offer! Large-scale issues such as these have to be looked at by Development and our community managers in order to find the most equitable solution (as well as working to prevent them from happening again). They ARE working on it, though, that much we do know. Keep an eye on those forum threads for announcements and keep an eye on your in-game mailbox and alerts. Thanks so much for your patience!If you need any further help, just click the "Respond" or "Need More Help" button below and assistance should be forthcoming. But if the issue was already resolved and everything’s okay now, you can just click the "Message Read" button to close this window. Thanks again, and have a great day!Kind Regards,Game Master XolrethCustomer ServicesBlizzard Entertainmenthttp://battle.net/support
Reply Quote
Please add me to the list of those that had the issue, but didn't get sent charms.

I got a measly 28g50s for what a satchel would have given me. I've re-opened my ticket. Fingers crossed!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Please add me to the list of those that had the issue, but didn't get sent charms.

I got a measly 28g50s for what a satchel would have given me. I've re-opened my ticket. Fingers crossed!

at least you got something.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have an update for characters that experienced this issue. Those characters have been given two Elder Charms of Good Fortune. Those charms will be added the next time those characters login.

I was affected by this issue as well and didn't receive the compensation. I lost loot because of the error.

Would you mind fixing it, please?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm really hoping that everyone affected will get their tokens tommorrow after maitenance an that this issue does not affect the terrace LFR just to play it safe though I'll wait untill thursday probably, you know so that way I don't get screwed again for trying to enjoy new content as it is released
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
11/19/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Larndorn
I'm really hoping that everyone affected will get their tokens tommorrow after maitenance

I want so much to believe it... bu at this point, I dont anymore.

I guess I will start to do new content only on Sunday, because i dont want to stop playing, but I dont definitely have a week like this one again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Finally got my tokens the ticket i submitted

Larndorn @ Bloodhoof

So I have not recieve my Elder Charms of good fortune yet as compensation for the HoF LFR bug, and there hasn't been any post in the forumn thread about it since Rygarius posted saying we would recieve the Charms as compensation for Blizzard being unable to verify what loot was actually won. Although from what I saw Blizzar can verify I was supposed to win loot from my first kill of Amber Shaper but that I did not actually recieve loot from him, so is it possible to recive my charms now?

response
Greetings,Thank you for contacting me today! My name is Game Master $^^$%, and I hope this response finds you well :) You have my sincerest apologies for the wait! We are absolutely swamped at the moment, and while we are doing everything we can to answer and assist every player who contacts us your most exceptional patience is very much appreciated!While Larndorn did not meet the criteria setup for the auto sending of Elder Charm of Good Fortunes I was able to do some digging, verified that you were indeed locked to that boss who you later killed again and did not get loot, and sent you your Elder Charms :DYou'll find them in your in game mail now! If you have any further questions or concerns though, please do let us know! I hope you have an awesome day and thanks again for contacting me d(^_^)zBest regards,

Would have preferred they arrive three hours sooner but better late than never

Edit: forgot to take the name of the GM out
Edited by Larndorn on 11/19/2012 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight

I'm still at the same number of Elder Charms I was at before this "fix"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I'm being told that I am not eligible for compensation because I won loot from my bonus roll. That's ridiculous. I only used my bonus roll because I got locked on a damn wipe and couldn't receive normal loot.

Am I in the right or wrong to continue to demand compensation? I did get loot but at the expense of my charm for a bonus roll because of blizzards error.
Edited by Goronn on 11/20/2012 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
Yeah I give up. Last night put in a ticket and waited it out while watching stuff on Netflix but didn't get a response, which is funny because the previous tickets had responses fairly quick. Logged in just now and got a GM response telling me that I did get loot, a bag of gold, and that the matter is settled. A bag of gold is what I would have won if I wasn't locked out of loot on that first kill. Mentioned it before, but on that kill I also used a coin and got the 1-handed weapon when I had blood tanked it on this DK. So I was hit with two bugs. Then when the first GM told me to run the LFR again because I should be able to get loot, I didn't, I used a second coin because I figured what the hell and did get a bag of gold on that. So wasted two coins on this. The second GM told me to go to forums, forums say we're suppose to get two coins to make up for being locked out of loot and I thought that was great so I could break even and put this behind me. Nope! Never got the coins. The third GM couldn't verify anything and was useless. And the fourth GM somehow managed to be more useless by looking at a coin roll bag of gold and claiming that is what I won on the first kill. Awesome!!
Edited by Scourged on 11/20/2012 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]