Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

90 Tauren Shaman
TBT
The hotfix prevents more people from being saved incorrectly when a boss resets. For players already saved, we're still exploring what we can do and will provide an update as soon as possible.

This was broken in beta and repeatedly reported. How did this make it to live, months after release??
Edited by Vannillah on 11/14/2012 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
11/14/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Vannillah
The hotfix prevents more people from being saved incorrectly when a boss resets. For players already saved, we're still exploring what we can do and will provide an update as soon as possible.

This was broken in beta and repeatedly reported. How did this make it to live, months after release??[/quote]

Have you seen the ever-growing bug list? They JUST last week added the Frost Mage casting sound bug to the list. That stuff was heavily reported in the Beta since day one.

Their quality control dudes are either asleep or really really bad at their job. Or Blizzard isn't giving them enough allotted time to actually work on bugs because they are too busy with 5.1 or whatever they are working on.

Blizzard devs were once a lot better than this, we must have the D team or something with all the best working on Titan.

At least, that is what it feels like.
Edited by Cloudzen on 11/14/2012 6:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So my LFR group wiped to Wind Lord, I was eligible for loot/rolled loot and did not receive anything (but did on my bonus roll).

Is it now safe for me to enter LFR and finish Amber Shaper and the Empress?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

For the small number of players who were ineligible for a chance at loot as a result of this bug before it was fixed, we're currently discussing the best resolution and will provide an update as soon as we can. In the meantime, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Why there has to be major discussion with this type of thing is beyond me. Has the concept of going above and beyond for customers truly been lost in the industry? Is it a technical issue? Because that isn't the way your message sounds. It makes me think that the talk is surrounding whether or not to make the players eligible to run it again or to have them wait until reset.

Would really love it if while you guys are discussing these kinds of things you would add to your discussions this; Why are we being so militant when it comes to creating positive solutions for our player base? The cost is insignificant but the gratitude from the majority of the players is immense. The whole "We broke it, you live with it" attitude on the multitude of issues that have come up since xpac release is really counter productive.

Maybe I'm just tired and frustrated with things but it is what it is.

I agree...unless it's a technical issue and they absolutely have no way of fixing it...still you'd think they'd go out of their way to accept screenshots, briefly analyze them for photoshop-ing, and make things right.

However, I have little faith in Blizzard...I never really had a chance to develop any faith, actually. Would be nice if this were a starting point but I really am guessing we'll just be out of luck. They may just completely stop responding to this issue, for all I know. That's pretty much what they did when they failed to fix the conquest cap bug last week.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks to all those who took the hit for the rest of us.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/14/2012 08:45 AMPosted by Eneria

=[
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
The thing that angers me the most about this stupid bug is the fact that when it happened to my group yesterday(1st and 2nd bosses) people were saying it was bugged in beta.......why this would ever make it to live is just totally unbelievable.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
what do you mean you aren't sure what to do to resolve the issue of people who missed out on loot. I have a SS of it telling me I should have won my tier legs, so mail me my tier legs NOW!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't meet the iLvl requirement for this raid yet, so this can't even possibly have affected me. I will say this though:

Anyone being an early adopter will occasionally get the short end of the stick, this is true in real life the same as it is in WoW. The rest of the time, they are ahead of nearly everyone else. This problem affects a marginal portion of the WoW player base, specifically those players who engaged the new Raid Finder encounters yesterday, and didn't down the bosses on the first try each time. That was the risk you took in being one of the first players to engage that content after it went live. All in all, considering your ranking in the overall scheme of things, you're still doing pretty well. Next week, everyone gets another try, and you're missing one week of Raid Finder attempts.

To look over all the logs which do exist for the raids in question would take an enormous amount of manpower by Blizzard, even considering the fact that this problem only affects a marginal portion of the WoW player base. They're not going to make a special effort like that to make this right when they can placate the few noisiest of those affected with a bag of gold.

I can think of one even worse way they could 'remedy' this problem:

Close this Raid Finder until next week, for everyone. Those who have successfully completed it and received loot already will be the only ones who benefit. Some will prefer this solution, simply because it stops others from 'getting the jump on progression'.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/14/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Ghatok

=[

:) I wasnt trying to be mean or anything...just a thx and stuff happens, especially with a game as big as WoW. I wish you all gear, a second chance, or whatever blizz comes up with and continued luck in LFR. I still think LFR should be a challenge, but thats just me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
Would love to get some kind of update please on the progress of your discussion. This is really hitting your player base on what is happening, and making people on edge it looks like in a sense. Personally suffered from it too, was kinda upset that even yes in the beta this was happening.

I really hope something reasonable outside the paramiters of "Just mail them a sack of gold" would be in the picture. Honestly the "best" solution in my opinion is not to "reset" the boss (or bosses if need to) But to just give us 2 or 3 tokens, or better yet just reset our daily quest for the tokens for this week... I believe it would more then compensate for the missing boss loot. Then no one looses and or complains. Yes? O_o
Edited by Fooqueup on 11/14/2012 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/14/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Vannillah

This was broken in beta and repeatedly reported. How did this make it to live, months after release??

Welcome to the current trend: paying customers being beta testers. It happens with COD, WoW, and just about any other program/service you can think of.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
11/14/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Darkelite
Hey Rygarius, can we get a update on whats going on with everyone that legitimately lost gear on threw LFR and has screen shots proof of dropped gear? or verdict still out?

No need for SS, they can see who recieved loot, bags of gold or loot itself. I am hopeful for some reset or something for those of us locked, but after me and a friend talked to a GM for a bit lastnight, I got the feeling i'm screwed until next week. GM basically told us we tagged boss, we are locked, even tho we didnt kill and cause we left raid after many wipes. Sounds like a cover up to me....

Errm corrections on this is needed. They don't see what loot people receive if they dont get the loot in the bags. There is no log for such things according to the GM I have talked to already.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Hunter
Yeah it was really lame, I saw the loot window pop up but could loot it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]