I feel like the expansion is broken

100 Human Mage
To be honest I don't like the way things are in the expansion. I ran into a Shaman in the BGs a few days back that hit me for 85,000 damage 5 times, and this is with me in all Dreadful gear with four pieces of Malevolent. I am running into alot of warriors that are beating me, and healers..some of them I cannot dps down no matter how hard I try. I will not quit the game, but I really do feel that Blizzard should stop messing with classes and keep their hand out of the cookie jar, so to speak. I am getting tired of it.
Another thing, to be honest it seems to me that some people running things at Blizzard watched Kung-fu Panda and Kung-fu Panda 2 one too many times. I also get tired of the chinese music. And I am tired of the expansion being so buggy. Blizzard gets millions of dollars each month from the players. The least they could do is be on top of the game so that it plays right. I am probably going to get flamed alot for this but this is frustrating for me.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Death Knight
11/13/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Mckenna
I also get tired of the chinese music.

!@#$ing makes me hungry as %^-*. I swear Blizzard got the Pandaria music from this buffet place I go to.

I also demand that Blizzard compensate me for all that extra money I spent there because I -KNOW- I've gone to that damn buffet more in the past month alone than in the six months before it. !@#$ing subliminal advertising!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Indeed. Eating Kung Pao chicken with chopsticks while raiding should be an achievement.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Class balance is something this game struggled with in BC and Blizzards view of PvP hasn't changed a bit. When MoP dropped I went back to the bottom of the PvP food chain, at least from where I was in Cata. I felt like mages were even more squishy than we were before. With that said I continued on, assuming our burst damage would scale as I approached 90. Well, 90 is here and I'm excited(!?) when I see a 150k crit go off? I have forsaken some Resil in favor of Power. . .you know, so I'm even more of a glass cannon. I'm not sure this is the optimal way to go but I figured that was my role in Battlegrounds; kite and down the enemy before they have a chance to react. Last time I checked my PvP Power was around 37% but considering everyone starts with 40% resilience, I don't think I'm seeing much of a benefit to focusing on PvP Power thus far.

Warriors? Who in the holy balls let them become the raging-ultra-destructo class in PvP? You aren't alone, MK. I too have felt the sting of Warriors as of late and hope their day in the sun is short lived. I don't mind being killed by a warrior but when I center my class around CC, I should be able to hold them off for a couple seconds without having to blow every '!@#-saving cooldown' I have just to get a chance at surviving the encounter.

Priests and Druids in tree form? Forgetaboutit. I have unloaded on each of these classes and never saw their HP drop below 95%. I don't mind that their is a 'paper' to my 'rock' but it doesn't seem to go both ways with this class. In other words, I don't think there is a single class out there that would hesitate to engage me on the premise they already know there is no point to fighting me.

I maintain that Blizz goes way too far with CC and 'survivability' talents in PvP. Fundamentally, this is where Call of Duty succeeds and WoW fails. Theoretically in CoD, any person could kill another with any weapons they picked. Some guns were better than others but I'd also seen some pretty amazing things done with weapons that the masses would automatically dismiss. This is where WoW fails IMO. Every class should be able to kill another other class. Some should be harder to kill than others depending on your class (rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock) but no one class should be unstoppable against any other class. Blizzard had this in BC and they still have it today. Locks, Mages and Rogues were OP then. Now Druids and Warriors are the classes to beat.

I think MK is right. There are issues dealing with balance but I doubt this will ever change. Blizzard goes way to far in trying to extend PvP fights as if we are raiding, and I hate raiding. I am not asking for 1 shot fights but I AM asking for my class to reflect the role Blizzard claims to pigeon hole us in to. If I can be killed by 1 crit from a warrior, I should have a chance at kiting that warrior around the battlefield. He shouldn't be able to blow cool downs and make all my CC worthless thus turning me in to a target dummy.

Players need to be able to die in PvP regardless of class. No class should be a Juggernaut that fears no other class which is where (I believe) Blizzard fails. We can only hope that someone at Blizzard listens to the player base and recognizes that even though this is well thought out system, there are still nuances that need to be addressed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Well said, Glasshouse. Well said indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Mages ain't squishy. If you learn your class, you're up there with Warrior and Hunter. Seriously. The top team in Arena is either KFC (Warrior/Hunter/X) or Godcomp, the renamed version of shatterplay. (Mage/Spriest/X) The amount of stuff they can do is rediculous. Just blink the stun, block their burst if they catch you in one, nova them to oblivion.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
-
Edited by Glasshouse on 11/14/2012 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I guess...ignore my previous post.

Apparently, I am out of line asking for some friendly advice on the WorldofWarcraft message boards. I'll give in to my "complex" and ignore this community altogether.

Too many trolls with too much time on their hands.
Reply Quote
Oh, I'm not trolling. I'm telling you the truth. I get it that you're learning and stuff. Forgive me, I play on Tichondrius so most people here are outright dickish and expect you to know things and can be very unforgiving. But I did read what you said. You have to set up your own things. You can't just tunnel vision a dude and expect him to drop. (Unless you're a warrior. Even I got one shot by them.) I kind of cry whenever my friend wants me to cap Arenas because everything is Warrior/Hunter or Mage/Spriest. But your Class is pretty well off at the moment. Look at Rogues right now, then tell me you aren't. Mages are squishy without Ice Barrier up. So get in the habit of constantly throwing that up. When you throw up your IceBlock or Trinket is up to your discretion. It's entirely situational. If a Rogue is Shadow Dancing you or has Vendetta rolling, and you blinked and he has you in a full stun? Block. If your Teamate can peel you then you're fine. I realize I come off as an !@#. Hard to teach someone this way because people rarely did that for me. Minus Zeusy and Lemondrank.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Aurora,

Post #8 wasn't directed at you in any way. I should have been more clear about that. That is my bad. :(

Post #8 has to do with these narcissistic asshats posting on different threads in the Winterhoofs forums. They do nothing more than come around, poke fun, troll and laugh at people who are willing to try and learn something new about their class. Apparently, they play this game and talk smack about everyone else that doesn't know as much as they do. My eagerness to learn is somehow funny to them? I don't understand how they can bag on me, play the same game and not see the irony. Clearly their parents have failed miserably in their responsibilities to these kids because they are nothing short of rude little monsters. Give someone a keyboard and a monitor and the real evil will reveal it's self.

Aurora, you and a few others are the exceptions. I appreciate your advice and hope it makes me a more formidable foe. :) Cheers mate.
Edited by Glasshouse on 11/15/2012 5:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dude. I play a Rogue. I backscratch people. You'll be easier off my friend.
Edited by Àuröra on 11/15/2012 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
You know what is really broken? 95% of WoW's player base.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
To be honest I don't like the way things are in the expansion. I ran into a Shaman in the BGs a few days back that hit me for 85,000 damage 5 times, and this is with me in all Dreadful gear with four pieces of Malevolent. I am running into alot of warriors that are beating me, and healers..some of them I cannot dps down no matter how hard I try. I will not quit the game, but I really do feel that Blizzard should stop messing with classes and keep their hand out of the cookie jar, so to speak. I am getting tired of it.
Another thing, to be honest it seems to me that some people running things at Blizzard watched Kung-fu Panda and Kung-fu Panda 2 one too many times. I also get tired of the chinese music. And I am tired of the expansion being so buggy. Blizzard gets millions of dollars each month from the players. The least they could do is be on top of the game so that it plays right. I am probably going to get flamed alot for this but this is frustrating for me.

Well Mckenna what your problem is nothing other than your own lack of skill, even in the last expansion's you sucked and you like to complain a lot, and its a lot not alot like the way you misspelled it and chinese should start with a cap Chinese....

But all of that aside if you are tired of all of the talented designers and game programmers who worked around the clock launching this new expansion not meeting your expectations maybe you should take a little wow break......... its a live game it will bug get over it
Edited by Sçîencfíctìn on 11/17/2012 1:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Sçîencfíctìn
Well Mckenna what your problem is nothing other than your own lack of skill, even in the last expansion's you sucked and you like to complain a lot, and its a lot not alot like the way you misspelled it and chinese should start with a cap Chinese....

Ya
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
LOL. This coming from a level 31. Please tell me your main, lets compare toons.
Edited by Mckenna on 11/21/2012 4:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Common, any comment coming from you is funny considering that in all the time you have been fighting me in World PvP, you have never gotten a HK on me EVER. Yet I have lost count of the number of times that I have killed or helped kill you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
lies
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
too much to read on this post. Going to summarize it in about... 2 sentences.

Too many CCs, too many interrupts, too much burst.
Mages = broken
warriors = broken
hunters = less broken but still broken
demo warlock = lol
any class that needs to hardcast (destro/affliction) = dead
spriest offhealing is lol
disc + rogues + monks = dead in pvp

anyone of the classes that are broken complaining that pvp is bad is a l2p issue. unless they are admitting they are too OP

and mckenna, really stop talking pvp to anyone. Until you can start winning anything without calling in the army you randomly have gotten despite your skill.
Edited by Reckfuly on 11/20/2012 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
whats going on in here
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Reckfuly do you have a Horde toon that I pwned or something? You mad bro?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]