Really wish Blizz would improve tank LFR Qs

90 Pandaren Monk
I don't know how they would do it, but I'm losing my motivation for WoW because of it.

I can't really meet my guild's raid schedule (due to college), and I've despised PvP since Burning Crusade. LFR fills that void and being kept out of it due to ridiculous queue times just to get a 2 of 3 bosses killed group is painful.

To the trolls: yes there are other things to do, but I don't want to (i.e. constant dailies on alts), doesn't mean I haven't tried. I've been playing for ~7 years and I find all I want to do is kill bosses for loot as a tank.
Edited by Bamboola on 11/13/2012 9:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Queue while doing dailies.

Queue while watching TV.

Queue while browsing the interwebs.

Queue while actually being productive (Work/School stuff)

Make friends with a healer.

pick one

^^^

11/13/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Bamboola
I can't really meet my guild's raid schedule (due to college),

Find a guild whos times you can?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Queue as DPS in tank spec. Shorter queues, get your tank gear, win.

Anyway the reason the queue is so long is because tanks aren't really needed. Just 2 per 25 players (and half the time you don't even really need those 2, just 1). I'm surprised so many people are bothering to tank still since it requires you actually know wtf you're doing and no one wants you for anything.
Edited by Weepea on 11/13/2012 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Tanks queues are the new dps queues.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
IQ
Druids and monks have the advantage of being able to queue up as tank or dps and you get the same gear. Queuing on my DK tank on the other hand takes a long time so I just do dailies while i wait.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I am not sure what Blizzard can do to fix the queues for tanks but they are pretty ridiculous. I usually queue with a guild group but when I don't I am usually looking at a 2+ hour queue and I never get to do the first boss.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/14/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Taldorius
I am not sure what Blizzard can do to fix the queues for tanks but they are pretty ridiculous. I usually queue with a guild group but when I don't I am usually looking at a 2+ hour queue and I never get to do the first boss.

Yea, its just frustrating...

I feel like its the one thing really detracting from the game atm, besides daily grinds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Back in the day, it took an hour (or two) to form a raid group, because you had to find 40 people. And you couldn't be grinding Winterspring or Hydraxian Waterlords rep because you needed to be there, finding people who would be able to stick around for 4 hours.

And when you got to the raid, you had to stay there for 4 hours. If you ran out of flasks, or Whipper Root tubers, or scrolls, or buff food, you were out for the rest of the raid (and your biggest bags were 16 slots), unless the raid leader decided to call a break. But RLs hated to call breaks, because that meant some people might leave for boredom or other commitments. And sometimes new people didn't know the fights, so that's 10 more minutes of explanations. And we didn't have smoke flares or placeable raid markers. We had to mark rogues/druids and have them stand places stealthed (other people would aggro the boss/adds), and ask hunters to shoot flares, or have engineers throw bombs. (Don't get me started on Vael.)

And when bosses finally dropped loot, there were 2-4 pieces to split between 40 people. And sometimes people left when they didn't get the loot they wanted, so a mage had to port back to SW to find more people, and a lock had to summon the people back one at a time, and you'd better hope that lock doesn't decide to use a Ritual of Doom on the third summon when you're all blindly clicking.

And then you'd get to X boss, with X mechanic, and some people would invariably stand in the fire, or healers would be not healing because they had to wait for their 5-second rule mana regen and the FSR rotation hadn't been worked out.

And now you can have a machine find your raid for you, and you can do other stuff while it does, and you have independent loot rolls, and your healers are always healing and all healing classes work with spirit and not MP5 and no FSR, and the hardest thing to do is taunt at the right time or pop a cooldown every two minutes rather than every 30 min, and your DPS don't have crappy agi and spirit on their gear and you don't have to organize all 40 people and you don't have to talk to many of them often, let alone be on Vent...

This is a problem? This is paradise.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/13/2012 09:36 PMPosted by Bamboola
I don't know how they would do it, but I'm losing my motivation for WoW because of it.

Then you haven't had much keeping you playing and you would've quit anyway before long.

Bye.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/14/2012 1:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/14/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Rijdot

Then you haven't had much keeping you playing and you would've quit anyway before long.

Bye.

This. The game cannot be perfect for everyone. LFR fills in SOME of the holes. Other people have given you many ways to fill in your own personal gaps. If none of them appeal to you, have a great break from the game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So what you elitists are saying is get over it?

How about no? LFR tank Q times are a common complaint and that means something.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Ok, we'll have Blizzard just reduce tank queue times. I'm sure there's a variable for that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Goodie bags for dps?
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/14/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Bamboola

We're the elitists?

We understand why the tank queues are as they are. You're the one expecting to be put to the front of the line because nothing else in the game at all appeals to you.

You're the one expecting a change because of your own personal enjoyment and no one else's.

Yeah, get over it. Or quit I guess. See ya.

Nothing of value will be lost.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/14/2012 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

How about no? LFR tank Q times are a common complaint and that means something.

Queue while doing dailies.

Queue while watching TV.

Queue while browsing the interwebs.

Queue while actually being productive (Work/School stuff)

Make friends with a healer.

pick one
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Like people have saying, what exactly do you expect Blizzard to do? There are simply too many tanks queuing and not enough dpsers and healers to go around. It's a population issue and they can't really do much about it except letting a third tank queue to do absolutely nothing, which is a terrible fix.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What they could do is let me get gear for either of my specs randomly regardless of what I queue as. I'd be happy to queue as heals as long as I still had a shot at tank/feral gear while I did so.

That would mean more healers, which would mean shorter queues all round.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/14/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Bamboola

Nobody told you to get over it. You were given a) many reasonable suggestions, and b) reasons why blizzard can't fix the issue.

We're not elitists; we're right.
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Warlock
Back in the day, it took an hour (or two) to form a raid group, because you had to find 40 people. And you couldn't be grinding Winterspring or Hydraxian Waterlords rep because you needed to be there, finding people who would be able to stick around for 4 hours.

And when you got to the raid, you had to stay there for 4 hours. If you ran out of flasks, or Whipper Root tubers, or scrolls, or buff food, you were out for the rest of the raid (and your biggest bags were 16 slots), unless the raid leader decided to call a break. But RLs hated to call breaks, because that meant some people might leave for boredom or other commitments. And sometimes new people didn't know the fights, so that's 10 more minutes of explanations. And we didn't have smoke flares or placeable raid markers. We had to mark rogues/druids and have them stand places stealthed (other people would aggro the boss/adds), and ask hunters to shoot flares, or have engineers throw bombs. (Don't get me started on Vael.)

And when bosses finally dropped loot, there were 2-4 pieces to split between 40 people. And sometimes people left when they didn't get the loot they wanted, so a mage had to port back to SW to find more people, and a lock had to summon the people back one at a time, and you'd better hope that lock doesn't decide to use a Ritual of Doom on the third summon when you're all blindly clicking.

And then you'd get to X boss, with X mechanic, and some people would invariably stand in the fire, or healers would be not healing because they had to wait for their 5-second rule mana regen and the FSR rotation hadn't been worked out.

And now you can have a machine find your raid for you, and you can do other stuff while it does, and you have independent loot rolls, and your healers are always healing and all healing classes work with spirit and not MP5 and no FSR, and the hardest thing to do is taunt at the right time or pop a cooldown every two minutes rather than every 30 min, and your DPS don't have crappy agi and spirit on their gear and you don't have to organize all 40 people and you don't have to talk to many of them often, let alone be on Vent...

This is a problem? This is paradise.

TL/DR:

"When I was young people used to be shot in the war. How dare you complain about getting mugged on the street?"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]